Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Change

“Cannon ball!” I laughed when I saw Jared launch himself off the cliff into the water. Paul kissed me quickly, and then jumped. Embry and Jacob soon following. Sam sat with me and Hayley. We were the closest to sisters he had.

“Are you two going to jump in?” He asked Hayley and I. I looked over at her.

“What do you think, Hayls?” She shrugged.

“Why not.” She smirked. We both stood up, and took off our tank tops and shorts
I slipped off my knee high converse and Hayls took her pink ones off. We walked down the path towards the cliffs that aren’t so high up. Hayley was walking in front of me, and I looked at her back.

“Holy shit, Hayls.” I breathed.

“What?” She asked, turning around.

“That tattoo on your back. It’s amazing!” I said. She smiled.

“Thanks. You wanna get one?” She smiled. I laughed, and nodded.

“Oh yeah.” We continued walking until we got to the one we wanted to jump off, which was still high up. We walked to the edge and stared down at boys, who all cat called and whistled. We heard some splashes.

“Shut it, dip shit. That’s my girlfriend and sister.” We heard Paul shout. More splashes.

“Yeah, and that’s my girlfriend…..and her best friend!” Embry. Hayls and I looked at each other, and launched ourselves off. We both dove into the water perfectly. When I swam up, gasping for air, I felt warm arms wrap around my waist. I turned in their arms, and saw Paul. I smiled, and kissed him.

We all swam for awhile until we saw a storm moving in, and went back to Sam and Emily’s. I looked over at Hayley. Her head was on the table, and she groaned lightly. I walked over to her, and placed my hand on her head. “Hayls? Hayley, are you okay, babe?” I asked her. I pulled my hand away quickly when I felt the heat radiating off of her. ‘Oh shit.’ “Sam!” I screamed. Everyone ran in, and saw both of us.

“Is she….” I nodded.

“She’s changing.” I whispered.

“You have to go.” Sam ordered, trying to drag me to the door.

“No.” Hayley begged, grasping my hand.

“I have to stay with her, Sam. She needs me.” I said, moving myself closer to Hayley. Sam sighed loudly in defeat.

“Fine, just take her to the couch. She’ll be more comfortable.” I nodded.

“Come on sweetie.” I said softly, and helped her up while she groaned in pain. I helped her lay down on the couch. “I’ll be right back.” I got up, and soaked a cloth in cool water. I folded it, and placed it on Hayley’s head. Her skin looked even paler, and she had a layer of sweat all over. She was shivering in pain slightly. “How long will this go on?” I asked Paul, who was standing over his little sister.

“Two days at the most.” I nodded, and pushed back her black hair. She opened her eyes and looked at me.

“Hey, just think Hayls. You’ll be the first female shape shifter. Ever.” I whispered to her. She smiled slightly at me, and then her eyes closed. I sighed, and stood up. Everyone in the room stiffened suddenly, and I heard Paul growl loudly next to me. “What?” I asked.

“The redheaded leech is back.” My eyes widened.

“Come on. We’re going after her.” Sam ordered. He kissed Emily, gave me a hug, said goodbye to Hayls, and then ran out the door. Jared and Jake followed, but Paul and Embry stayed for a minute longer. Embry kissed Hayley’s forehead, saying something so softly, I couldn’t hear. He ran out the door a second later. I looked over at Paul with watery eyes.

“Please be careful.” I whispered. He smiled slightly.

“I will.” He murmured. He leaned down and pressed his warm, soft lips to mine. After a minute, we pulled away. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” He smiled, and kissed me one more time, before kissing Hayley’s forehead, and running out the door. I slipped on my yellow Ugg boots and grey sweatshirt.
I stepped outside for a minute, watching the grey wolf I love run head on into danger. I walked back in, and sat down next to Hayley.

BELLA

Bella stared down at the water from the highest cliff. She smiled, hoping to see the man she loved appear in front of her like he always did when she did something stupid and reckless. ‘Edward.’ She thought, and jumped. She screamed the entire way down, but realized that it was a great thrill. She hit the ice cold water, and her muscles stiffened. She started sinking, and looked over to see Edward looking back at her.She reached out with her arm, noticing how heavy it felt. He disappeared, but Bella couldn’t tear her gaze away the flames moving towards her. Something hot wrapped around her waist, dragging her up. She felt her head break through the water, but felt to weak to breathe in. “Bells? Bella, come on, breathe!” Someone shouted at her. She felt hot lips pressed against hers, and breathe into her. Her chest rose and fell with each breath the person breathed into her. “Come on, breathe!” Her senses were becoming clearer, and she recognized Jacob’s voice, and felt his hot hands pressed against her chest. She gasped and coughed, a stream of salt water escaping her mouth. She opened her eyes, and saw a blurry Jacob standing in front of her.

“Jake?” She asked weakly.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” He yelled.

“What do you mean?” She asked confused. “You guys do it all the time.” He sighed.

“We’re shape- shifters. We won’t get hurt doing this, and it’s practically a hurricane out there!”

“Jacob!” Jake turned his head to see Sam. “She okay?” Jacob nodded. “Okay, I’m going to go back to the hospital.” Sam said, and ran away.

“Hospital?” Bella asked.

“You don’t know?”

“Know what?” Jake sighed again.

“Harry Clearwater had a heart attack while you were pulling you’re little stunt, and to top it all off Hayley Parker is going through the change.” Jacob growled.

“Oh my God.” Bella whispered.

“Come on. Let’s get you home.” Jake said, and wrapped his arm around Bella, leading her to her truck.

DYLAN

The boys finally came back, except for Jake, and they all looked pissed. “I’m so sorry, Dylan. We lost her.” Paul said, wrapping his arms around me.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” I said, placing my hands on his cheeks. I smiled at him, and then walked over to Hayley. “Sweetheart, I’ll be back soon. I have to run home, and get some clothes back home.” Hayley looked tiredly over at me, and nodded. I smiled, and stood up, slipping on my Uggs and jacket. I walked over to Paul, and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I’ll be back soon. Are you staying here?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll see you when you get back baby. Please be careful.” He whispered, pressing his mouth to mine. I smiled into the kissed.

“I will, love you.”

“Love you, too.” He let is arms drop from my waist, and I walked towards my car, hopping in. I drove down to Bella’s and saw a black Mercedes parked by her house. I felt my chest tighten.

“Daddy?” I whispered and ran for the door. I opened it and saw Bella sitting on the couch.

With Alice.