Scintillating

Chapter 5

October zoomed in on the video cam as she watched a couple of waiters entering the home. Kerli watched beside her, observing carefully. Throughout the afternoon, October and Kerli searched for Marty and finally found him. “I’m nervous,” Kerli admitted as October turned the laptop off and got it prepared to be installed in the van. “Don’t worry, kid. You’ll do fine and besides, I showed you everything and went over it a million times,” said October using hand expressions. “Can we go over it one more time?” Kerli asked. October looked at the time on her watch and nodded. “Okay, you will be wearing this head speaker and we will be wearing a small earpiece,” October explained as she handed her the speaker. “The images will show all the cams in one page and when you see that an area is clear, you tell us. If there’s somebody heading our way, you tell us the nearest hiding places by quickly accessing the house diagram I created. This one was brief, but we are in a hurry.” Kerli gulped and nodded. “Now, c’mon so we can install my baby in the van before Anissa gets pissed that we’re not ready yet. The night was dark but not cold. Clouds still covered the sky so there was no light of the moon. Scarlett handed the weapons to Anissa lastly before she strapped on hers. Scarlett then walked over to Kerli and handed her a small gun. “What are you doing?” asked Anissa sharply. “Relax, I taught Kerli how to use it just in case of emergency,” said Mary defending them. Anissa bit her bottom lip and just got in the van. October sat working on some last-minute stuff on the computer as Kerli drove. Mary was in the passenger seat next to her watching her driving skills. Alexia passed around a bottle that looked like lotion around. “This is the un-identifying lotion. Wear it anywhere there is open skin,” Alexia explained passing it to Anissa. Scarlett pulled out a small, squared metal object and explained, “This is one of the bombs Alexia made. We have several to place around the inside of the house. I will activate them once the task is done and we are safely away from it. This gas is dangerous so it is important that all windows and all doors remain shut so it won’t get out. The gas chemicals won’t affect anybody after five minutes have passed so when the cops get there, they won’t be harmed.” Everyone was listening intently as they explained. “We have approximately fifteen minutes to do our job and get out. We can’t be there for long so we have to work swiftly but carefully at the same time. Mary, October, and Alexia, you three will get the guards from outside the house and once finished, October and Alexia will head back to the van. Scarlett and I will start attacking the guards from inside and I will go in further once Mary enters to help. I will finish the ones in the dining room while Scarlett starts closing open areas and placing the bombs,” explained Anissa. Scarlett handed a bomb to Anissa and said, “Place it in the middle once you’re done.” Everyone nodded to the instructions and kept quiet throughout the whole ride there.
They were all huddled in the inside of the back of the van once they were a few feet away from the massive house. Kerli was already stationed on the computer with the cameras in view. “So I already programmed so that in their security room it will show as if no one was there,” said October. Kerli nodded, her head speaker almost sliding off. “Okay, we all know the plan. If anything goes wrong or if someone is gets wounded through our vest, hurryingly take the person back to the van and contact Mary,” said Anissa to everybody but mostly to Mary and Kerli. They all nodded. Alexia opened the van and crept out. Mary crept out after, saying prayers in Spanish, followed by Scarlett and October. Kerli felt a warm hand on her shoulder and was surprised to see it was from Anissa. “You’ll do fine, relax. I promise we won’t let any of these guys get to you,” said Anissa sternly. Kerli nodded as she starred at her with full admiration.
Anissa slithered across the black lawn as Scarlett followed behind her. In the distance, Mary and October had already killed the two watchmen at the main door. October nodded once, as a signal that it was okay, and then followed Mary to the other side where Alexia was at. Anissa hurried to the main door her feet barely making any noise. “There are no guards in the main hall so you can just head in,” informed Kerli through the earpiece. Anissa took out a gun from her side and signaled Scarlett an approval to head in. Scarlett took out her gun and opened the door quietly as so it wouldn’t make a sound. Just as Kerli had said, there were no guards there. Anissa looked around the main hall amazed at its extent. She noticed the stairs made of marble that lead to the upstairs. She also noticed the small living room furnished with expensive furniture where the guests of the house would be seated. “Okay, if you look ahead, there are five doors each leading to different rooms. The first door on the left leads to his main office and the second leads to the basement. The other one isn’t important. The door to the right leads to the kitchen and the large door right in the middle is the dining room,” Kerli explained. “Tell us when they are done with the perimeters so Scarlett can start placing the bombs and closing all the spaces of the house,” Anissa whispered to the small speaker attached to her chest pocket. Scarlett looked around the house and sighed heavily. “Mary and Alexia will come to help you, Scarlett,” Anissa assured her. She nodded. “Guys, there are guards heading your way from the dining room!” Kerli shouted, making Anissa’s ear ring.
There were multiple guards who stepped out of the large door. All of them were bulky and kept their hands close to their weapons. “Did you see the woman from the other day? She was fucking fine! I heard she worked at the whore house,” one of the guards told the rest of them. Some started laughing agreeing while others brought up another topic about the whore house. “Hey, wait! I’m trying to contact Ty but he’s not replying,” said one of the guys stopping in the middle of the main hall with a walkie-talkie in his hand. The rest of them stopped waiting for Ty to reply. “I think something happened,” the guy said with a worried expression. “Nah. Ty’s always been a faggot,” said another man laughing. The others started to laugh until they saw blood staining the man’s white shirt who had insulted Ty. The man immediately fell down and the rest of the guards took out their weapons. Another shot hit the man with the walkie-talkie making blood spit out of his mouth and onto the neck of another guard. The guards stayed back-to-back pointing their gun everywhere. A young, new recruit pointed his gun aimlessly up the second floor where the shots had come from. Warm, sticky sweat slid down his forehead as he breathed in heavily. The new recruit turned swiftly around when he felt a cool rush of air pass by him. He barely saw a glimpse of a beautiful woman as she cracked the guard’s neck that was behind the recruit. He was about to fire when she aimed her gun to his head and took the first shot. Scarlett heard a click behind her once she shot the recruit. A guard behind her was about to shoot her when Anissa grabbed him by the neck and slit his throat. “Thanks,” said Scarlett. “Don’t thank me yet,” said Anissa quickly as she moved Scarlett’s head and hit the man behind her who was about to fire. Anissa and Scarlett headed back to the front of the dining room doors waiting for Kerli to give the approval. “Hey!” came the booming voice of October. “No one heard the shots and the dealers are still in their talking. Mary and Alexia are at the entrance door waiting for the approval,” explained October. Anissa replaced her gun and knife to one of the straps and took out a similar yet more powerful .50 Caliber Magnum which Scarlett had made. She looked at Scarlett and nodded once then put one of her thumbs up.
Anissa entered through the kitchen door when October notified her that it was empty and that it was the best way to enter through. The chefs and waiters had already left but Marty didn’t know since he called out, “Hey waitress! We need more wine.” Anissa rapidly put on the waitress outfit she found on the hanger. She dropped her black clothing she was wearing before on the floor so as she won’t forget to pick it up but kept her vest. She placed the .50 Caliber Magnum hidden in the apron and took the closest wine left there. She observed each man who sat at the dining table. One of them had a stern expression as they kept on chatting. The one in front of him was a Cuban man that was laughing hysterically as he told a funny story. There were two men, guards as Anissa guessed, next to the man laughing hysterically. The man with the stern face had one younger man beside him and two men in the back. Then there was Marty, whom which Anissa immediately spotted. He had a smile on his face trying to fake his amusement of the man’s story. He had three guards in the back watching every move each man made. Anissa walked slowly to the table carrying the bottle of wine in a metal plate. The Cuban starred at Anissa’s body as she passed by him. “So it is two million, take it or leave it,” said Marty noticing the waitress. The man with the stern expression breathed in and looked at Anissa as if Marty was signaling not to talk about this in front of her. Anissa, expression less, set the wine down slowly. The man breathed out louder. “Hey mamacita, serve me more wine,” ordered the Cuban man. Anissa bit her cheek but walked slowly towards him. “Can you hurry it up? We’re in the middle of something!” barked the stern man. As Anissa was serving the Cuban man wine, he was about to touch her legs before she grabbed his hand and squished it. The man screamed in agony and his guard immediately pointed the gun towards her. Anissa’s expressionless face stayed the same but she let the man’s hand go. “Put them away!” ordered the stern man angrily. Anissa noticed Marty looking at her peculiarly. The guards put their guns away and sat back down. “Esta pinche puta!” the Cuban man complained as he starred at his throbbing hand. “Do it now,” Anissa heard October say through the earpiece. She had completely forgotten about them. “La única puta es tu madre!” said Anissa in Spanish, fiercely. Before the Cuban man could take out his own gun, Anissa took out the .50 Caliber Magnum and fired at him. She hastily shot the two guards next to him next and ducked down as the others started to fire. Looking down at their feet, Anissa shot in the direction each of the guards were. After hitting two of the stern man’s guards, she got up and fired at the man that sat next to him. She took one look at the stern man’s face and noticed it was now scrunched up into confusion. She then shot him and ducked the bullets that were heading towards her from the last two guards. She shot one of the remaining guards point black and ducked when she heard the other one fire so it hit the dead guard. She took the knife from the strap of the very top of her hind leg and threw it at the guard who had fired. It hit straight at his neck making him stumble to the floor with the force applied. As she was picking up the .50 Caliber Magnum, a shot hit her in the back. She turned and pointed her gun at the shooter. She noticed that the shooter was Marty. “I knew there was something strange about you as you walked through the kitchen doors,” he said with a smirk. Anissa flinched at the sudden pain in her back but kept her position: the gun pointing straight at his head and her expressionless face. “Why are you here? For money?” he asked. Through clenched teeth because of the immense pain, she said, “I’m here to do what those families couldn’t do to you.” Marty laughed loudly and wickedly. “Like how I killed the little baby that was sleeping soundlessly in her cradle? Or when I killed the bitchy mother of the baby by slitting her throat?” he asked rhetorically. “Both,” answered Anissa with clenched teeth not only because of the pain but because of what he had testified. Anissa started walking towards him with the gun still pointed at him but the man didn’t move an inch. “Oh, I know who sent you! It was that bitch, Elisabetta, huh? She’s probably already dead.” Anissa smiled as she said, “Your messenger didn’t get past the lawn. Maybe his blood did, but not his full body.” Marty’s expression changed. He was now furious. “Anissa, hurry! The girls are done and the police have been contacted because of the sounds of shots. You have less than five minutes,” said October frantically. Anissa was concentrating on what October said so she didn’t notice as Marty grabbed her hair and pulled her in. He pointed the gun to her chest and said fiercely, “you will not kill me!” “No, Elisabetta will,” she said as she twisted away and kicked his chest. As he stumbled back, he fired and it hit her stomach. She fired once at him and when she noticed he didn’t move afterwards, she ran to the kitchen to get her stuff.
Anissa entered the van without huffing of exhaustion. Scarlett had pushed the button to activate the bombs awhile back so they started to vaporize all the evidence. Anissa took her shirt off and examined the bullet wounds. The bullet wound to the stomach never made it past the vest but the back one did. Mary clicked her teeth with her tongue and shook her head. “Porque siempre andas herida?” she asked rhetorically in Spanish as she examined the wound. “Nomas fueron dos veces,” replied Anissa in Spanish.
A thunderous knock came from the wooden door with a glass window in the center of it. “What?” asked Bella as she set her cigarette in the ash tray right next to her and the book she was lost into on the other side. “It’s your brotha!” came a familiar voice. Isabella hastily opened the door and embraced her brother she hadn’t seen in months. “How have you been?” she asked as she directed him to a comfortable chair in front of her desk. “I’ve been great,” he said as he sat down slowly with a strain that Bella didn’t seem to notice. “How ‘bout business?” she asked pouring him a glass of strong vodka. “Great as well, and yours?” Bella nodded with a wide smile. “More profit as we get them younger. Turns out they’d pay more if they are virgins,” she said pouring herself some of the vodka as well. Her brother nodded with a smile and congratulated her just by raising his glass before he drank. As the vodka he drank ran from his throat and down to his stomach, the burning beverage increased its fiery potential as it hit his stomach; he groaned in agony. “What’s wrong?” asked Bella, her expression on her face immediately changing. He reluctantly removed his black coat and displayed the puddle of blood located in his stomach as it was transparent against his white collared shirt. “Marty!” she screeched as she let the glass she was holding fall and shatter on the wooden floor. She ran to her brother who was still groaning. “Eli-zabetta hired a woman t-to kill me,” he stammered as he gasped for breath. Bella was speechless as tears swelled in her eyes. “I was just about to make a deal, too. I have a few strands of her hair in my pocket. Kill that little bitch because I know I won’t be able to,” he said. Bella shook her head furiously as the tears streamed down her rosy cheeks. “You’re going to live. Adam!” she called. Adam came in swiftly and once he saw Marty, he ran to him. “Listen, Adam, you have to take care of my little sister. I know you will,” he said before his eyes dimed as he breathed his final air. Bella was crying hysterically and once she saw Marty’s lifeless body, she instinctively took the strands of hair from his pocket and put it in Adam’s. She looked up at him and then lay on his chest to grieve.