‹ Prequel: *** Born of Vengeance
Sequel: Just One Day

Someone to Save Me

Prologue

It all happened so fast, one second he was driving safely in the hard, rare rain of California. He had complete control of the car, and he only took off his eyes to look at the caller on his cell phone, and then a light in front of him blinded him. He swerved to the left, and the slippery road made him lose complete control of the vehicle and his car went over the edge of the hill.

He felt as his car hit the water, and he struggled for his life. The windows of the car were cracking due to the pressure of the water. It kept filling and filling. Even with his strength he wasn’t able to open the door. The car filled with water, and he was holding his breath for as long as he could.

Several seconds passed and he was losing oxygen. He could see black spots started to form around his vision.

He was slipping away.

He started to regret so many things in his life. Spending more time with Val, not asking her to marry him years ago. Not skydiving or bungee jumping. He was going to die at the age of 26. He didn’t feel sorry for himself, he felt sorry for the ones he was going to leave behind.

His last thought was about Val, and then he died.

Matt Sanders died at the age of 26 by drowning.