Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Laugh to Die For

"Hey Bam, I was wondering if I could run home and shower and grab clothes..." She said a bit shyly as she walked in on him pulling a shirt on.

"Yea, no problem." He smirked slightly and grabbed his keys and a hoodie.

Cheyenne still wore Bam's clothing and she sighed comfortably as she followed him out to the Lambo. She refused Bam's help and managed to force herself into the seat with minimal pain.

"Do you remember where it is?" She looked at him as he drove down the long driveway.

"Yea, I believe so." He nodded and drove, glancing at her every once in awhile.

"What happened last night?" He asked quietly.

Cheyenne looked at him slightly and then out the window. "It's not something you can really discuss openly."

"Yea.." He sighed.

No matter what it took, he was going to get this beautiful girl to open up to him and tell him all her secrets and dreams.

He pulled into the parking lot and followed Cheyenne as she got out of the car and made her way up the stairs. She got out her key and opened the door, pushing it open hesitantly. Even though she knew he was at work, she still felt uneasy walking through the doorway.

The apartment was a mess. Like Jake had been on a drunken rampage. Things were knocked over or broken and furniture was spread unevenly through the rooms. Cheyenne trembled and Bam stared at her.

"Did he do this while you were here?" He asked.

"No, I left before he did this." She whispered and stepped over stuff and frantically moved to the bedroom.

Bam followed her and came across her searching a small bookcase in the messy bedroom. She sighed in relief and gathered up 3-4 binders and shoved them into a bag, as well as what appeared to be a camera bag.

"I'm going to pack some clothes and shower, you can go out if you want. I'll call you when I'm ready." She said with an apologetic look.

"No, it's fine. I'll wait here." He said somewhat protectively.

Cheyenne nodded her head slightly and grabbed a few things, going into the bathroom. She decided that a long, relaxing shower wasnt the best idea at the moment. She just prayed that Jake didn't randomly come home.

She showered and got out to pull on some skinny jeans and a CKY tshirt. She brushed out her hair and dried it a little after putting some gel in it. She fixed her makeup, not wanting Bam to catch her all natural. She hated herself without make up. She sighed and hurried with packing a bag with clothes and a few essentials.

"I'm ready." She said and grabbed her meds, throwing them into her purse.

"OK, here let me carry that." He said and reached for her purse.

"No, you don't have to." She protested and listened as he chuckled.

"It's not problem, I can handle it." He took her bag gently and led her out of the apartment.

Cheyenne tried to make sure that the apartment looked as much alike as it had before she had entered with Bam. She felt so ashamed that he had to see her house like that. She felt ashamed with the feeling that he knew what was going on between her and Jake.

She got in the car as Bam did too. She looked at him and hesitantly began speaking.

"Things can be perfect for so long...They blind you from the possibility that anything bad could happen." She sighed and looked down.

"Yea, I know what you mean." He sighed as well.

"He used to be so sweet...caring, romantic, adventurous. I don't know what happened...He changed so much."

"I heard him yelling at you in the hospital." Bam spoke up. "I should have gone back into the room and said something to him."

"You would have worsened the problem, believe me." She avoided his eyes. "Last night we fought. That's it."

Bam nodded hesitantly and focused on the road as much as possible. He knew that it wasn't the whole truth. He saw the marks on her arms and even a few on her gorgeous legs. There was no way that she was the type of girl to hurt herself.

Bam pulled into the driveway of his house and got out, grabbing her bag again. Cheyenne held onto her purse tightly and noticed a woman was standing at the door. She tensed some and looked at Bam.

It was Missy.

Bam put his hand on the small of Chey's back and gently walked with her forward. Missy glared at them and Bam led Cheyenne into the house without greeting Missy.

"Here, go up to my room. I'll be right up." He whispered in her ear and handed off her back.

She nodded and smiled weakly, putting her hand on his arm gently and running her thumb over his skin. She felt just as bad for him and his situation. She took her bag and walked up to Bam's room, nervous to see if Missy would start something with her.

"Bam, what the hell!?" She yelled, walking into the kitchen. "We're still married!"

"We're seperated Missy! And I'm filing for a divource, I'm sorry but you're not who you used to be."

"Oh, and you're so much better Bam!?" She glared.

"I never said I was!" He glared back. "Why are you even here?"

"I came here to talk to you like a civilized person about all of this."

"Well I don't want to talk Missy. I've made my decision."

"Do you even know that bitch that you're sleeping around with Bam?"

"OK, excuse me Miss.Bitch, but I'm not a whore and I'm not sleeping around with Bam so you can get the fuck out." Cheyenne glared at Missy from the middle of the stairs.

Bam looked up, surprised to see that Cheyenne had come back, let alone that she was standing up to Missy.

"Um, this isn't your house!" Missy hissed. "You can't tell me to leave."

"This is her house, and yes, she can tell you to leave. So Missy, leave." Bam stepped in.

Missy glared and her face heated up. She stormed out of the house and got into the purple Lambo, leaving with along with a few colorful words.

"Thank you." Bam said slightly, looking up at Cheyenne.

"I was just standing up for us." She murmured and walked back up the stairs.

Bam followed her up into the bedroom and watched as she gently sat herself upon his bed. She grabbed a few things and took them out of her bag. They were the binders that she had so desperately brought from the apartment.

"What are those?" Bam asked, sitting beside her.

"They're full of my photos." She answered and smiled slightly, holding them close to her. "I don't really show anyone, I don't think that they are that great." She shrugged.

"Well, you don't have to show me." He smiled and glances at her, making a goofy face.

Cheyenne laughed and looked down blushing as he chuckled and looked into her eyes.
What a laugh to die for.