Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Skin

When they got the cake in the oven, Cheyenne had batter on her face and some on her clothes, as well as Bam and Novak. Although, Novak was more like covered in the stuff. Cheyenne thought she'd be respectful to Bam's house and went upstairs to his room to change. Bam followed, pulling off his shirt in the process.

"That was fun." She said and turned around, blushing.

"Yea, it was." He chuckled. "Novak flavored cake."

Cheyenne laughed and set her camera down, gently rubbing batter off of her arms. She looked up at Bam once he had another shirt on and licked her thumb, rubbing the dried batter off of his cheek.

Bam blushed and looked down at her. He noticed batter on her forhead and cheek and debated whether he should have licked it off. He grabbed her hand and licked his thumb, mocking what she did. He carefully whiped the batter off of her face and smiled as he felt her face heat up underneath him.

"Want to see the pictures?" She asked, pulling her hand gently from his.

"Sure." He nodded and sat on the bed.

Cheyenne sat more in front of him then next to him so Bam had to lean over her shoulder to see the camera in her lap. He cautiously put his head on her shoulder and felt her tense. As he went to move his head away, she cleared her throat.

"It's OK." She glanced at their reflection in the mirror across the room to see his face. He nodded and put his head back, looking up at the mirror too.

Cheyenne held up her camera and took a picture of their reflection, smiling slightly to herself.

"Why'd you do that?" Bam asked and looked at the pictures as she flipped through them.

"I don't know." She answered truthfully.

Bam nodded and pointed out a few pictures that he liked as well as Cheyenne did.

"I'm gonna change." Cheyenne announced and handed the camera off to Bam.

She stood in the corner after grabbing Bam's shirt that she borrowed the night before. She pulled her shirt off, facing the walls. Bam knew that his face was heating up as he watched her. She dressed pretty modestly and the amount of skin he was seeing now made him stare in awe. Her skin was sun-kissed. And he body was perfect, something that any woman live would want to show off. He watched as she pulled on the shirt and tossed hers with the small pile of dirty clothes.

She turned back around and smiled slightly, her cheeks a bit pink as she inferred that he probably watched.

"Dinner's ready!" April yelled from downstairs.

"Ready?" Bam asked her and handed off the camera.

"When you are." She nodded and smiled, watching him stand.

They both went downstairs and onto the back porch. The pool wasn't open yet, so everyone that was there stayed to the wooden porch.

The guests that night included April, Phil, Ryan, Angie (Ryan's fiance), Dico, Novak and his girl, Shitbird and of course Bam and Cheyenne.

Cheyenne and Angie were introduced and Cheyenne felt that Angie could be a person who could make a good friend. She talked with her most of the night, and also with Ape since. Novak's girl stayed more with the boys.

"Thank you for dinner." Cheyenne spoke up, looking at Ape. This led everyone else to also thank her.

Angie asked Cheyenne about her ribs and Chey mentioned that her tummy was still bruised and sore. Cheyenne lifted up her shirt just enough for Angie to see some of the bad bruises and a few cuts. Bam stared and wished that he could hold her perfect waist. If she was with him, he'd never hurt her. But he knew that just friends was the only title that their relationship would hold. He mentally slapped himself for the wishful thinking.

The guys and girls also signed Cheyenne's cast. She hated how it got in the way so much. The group stayed out on the porch until maybe 10, Cheyenne's phone had gone off with Jake's calls a few times, but she didn't answer nor mention it to anyone. She was trying to enjoy these new people and he was still trying to keep her on a leash. After their last encounter, Cheyenne was more than just hesitant to see Jake.

Angie and Dunn retired to Ryan's room. Novak and his girl had already left to drink an hour or so before. Cheyenne thanked April again and hugged her and Phil goodbye. They were both welcoming and said they'd see her soon. Dico followed Bam and Cheyenne into the house, stopping in the kitchen to grab a beer.

"I'm going to lie down." Cheyenne said to Bam.

"Can I grab a few things from my room?"

"It is your room, not mine." She smiled and walked with him up to the bedroom.

Bam started gathering what he needed to sleep in and a blanket.

Cheyenne cleared her throat hesitantly and looked at him as he looked at her. "This is your room, like I said. You can sleep in here too."

"It's OK."

"No, I'm serious. I feel bad that you have to sleep on the couch. Sleep in your bed, I don't mind, really." She forced a nervous smile.

"Alright, if you're really sure."