Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Tell Me Yours, I'll Tell You Mine.

"I didn't know that you danced." Bam said as Cheyenne walked down the stairs to the living room.

"What are you spying on me Mr.Margera?" She raised an eyebrow

"Not at all, I just happened to notice."

"Sure." She said and sat next to him on the couch.

"You're a good dancer for someone with broken ribs. Have they been bothering you?" He asked.

"Not as much lately, but I've been taking painkillers. What about your head?"

"Hasn't bothered me at all. Jackass has made me tough." He laughed.

Cheyenne laughed slightly and she looked at him. She stared into his deep blue eyes. They were full of curiosity, adventure, and a hint of sincerity for her, a girl he barely knew. Cheyenne wanted to know this man. She wanted to be apart of his life. She wanted to be able to know his past and where he came from. To know what goes through his head and what he thinks about when he's alone.

"Why do you stay with him Cheyenne? You don't deserve to be treated like that." Bam questioned after a few moments of silence, looking into her eyes.

Cheyenne looked away from him and kept quiet.

"I didn't mean to upset you, just, he doesn't deserve you. And you don't deserve to be treated the way you are." He frowned.

"I don't know Bam... Why am I the one sitting here with you right now rather than Missy?"

"I wasn't happy with her anymore." He put it simply.

"Explain. Tell me yours, I'll tell you mine."

"Deal."

Bam sighed and began. "Well, Missy and I were high school sweethearts...She was..perfect. Beautiful, funny, caring, sweet. But things happen and you change and it just got old. So we split up and then there was Jen and all the shit you saw on the show, as well as more complex parts of my life. Missy and I started talking again and we got together and decided to try it again and it was great for the longest time."

"Well that doesn't sound bad at all."

"Well, things can be so perfect for so long that it blinds you from the possibility that anything can go wrong." He said, trying to remember what she said.

Cheyenne nodded slightly and looked at him.

"Well, after I proposed she got bossier. She was rude and she treated me..differently. She was always out shopping and using my credit cards. I let it slide because I figured she would get tired of the newness. After we got married, she treated me like a dog on a leash. She spent more and tried to control who I hung out with and where I went. I started drinking to escape all of it. And come to find out that she's been cheating on me."

Bam sighed and looked down and Cheyenne frowned.

"Bambi, things get hard. It sucks, believe me I know. But you have to hold your head high and smile. Swim for the brighter days despite the absence of sun." She murmured and lifted his chin up, placing her hand on his cheek lightly.

Bam smiled at his new nickname and watched her remove her hand and rest it in her lap. "Your turn."

"Well, Jake found me in a crowded room. Out of everyone else, he saw me. He told me that if I'd give him the chance, he'd make me his forever. He was sweet, caring, handsome, smart, he always put me first..."

"Well your life sounds perfect too."

"Yea well, after high school and into college, his friends introduced him to booze. At first I didn't mind him being drunk every once in awhile. But the more he drank, the worse it got. He would come home drunk every night and he started to change. He wasn't himself when he was drunk. He'd yell and throw things and threaten me. But then he changed more and it started to happen even when he wasn't drunk."

She looked down and rubbed her cheeks. "And he hits me and threatens me, corners me." She started to cry and wiped her cheeks.

"Oh, Cheyenne.." Bam frowned and lifted her chin up. "Don't cry."

Cheyenne looked into his beautiful blue eyes and frowned. Bam pushed her hair behind her ear and looked back at her. Both of them were seeing beyond looks, into the heart. Bam felt her pain and ran a hand through her hair lovingly. She watched him move closer and did so too, allowing herself to reach up and place her hand on his.

Bam moved in closer to her and before either of them had even planned it, their lips had met.