Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Dinner Plans

Everything in the apartment was back where it belonged. Nothing was out of place, in fact everthing seemed to be in its place. There was a smell of food coming from the kitchen and music was playing. Cheyenne normally played music while she cooked. She found this atmosphere almost awkward.

Cheyenne snuck through to the bedroom where she left her bag, purse, and jacket. She left the bedroom and went into the kitchen, leaning on the door frame.

"Jake?" She said, watching him cook quietly.

Jake turned around slightly and looked over at her.

"Cheyenne... You're back." He smiled and walked up to her. He pulled her into a hug. Cheyenne flintched in a way but hugged back.

"I missed you." He sighed.

"I missed you too." She whispered.

"Are you hungry? I'm making lunch."

Cheyenne nodded slightly and watched him pull away. She sat at the table in the kitchen and looked around. One of her pictures was missing, the fall one. She figured Jake had ruined it in his furry.

"Where'd you go?" He asked.

"Mollies house." She lied.

"Oh, well your mom called me, she said she couldn't reach your cell phone."

"What'd she say?" Cheyenne raised an eyebrow.

"She's home from the funeral."

"Oh, that's good." She nodded. "I'm glad she made it home OK. I should visit her though."

"We could go out to dinner."

"Good idea." She murmured, watching him.

She knew it was wrong, but she couldn't keep herself from thinking about Bam. When she was with Bam, she felt like she was cheating on Jake. When she was with Jake, she felt like she was cheating on Bam. When she was kissing Jake, it was forced. With Bam, it was an option. It was beautiful. She managed to keep Jake away in the sexual sense, but she knew she couldn't prevent it forever.

Cheyenne got her cast off in the following week. Her ribs didn't bother her very much, but when they did she tried to relax rather than take more meds. She decided it was time to collie Mollie and her mom and invite them out to dinner.

"Hey mom." She said when her mompicked up.

"Hi honey. How are you feeling?"

"Better, now that I've got my cast off."

"Well that's good."

"Yeah... Jake and I wanted to know if you'd come to dinner with us and Mollie tonight."

"Oh, I'd love to honey. Thank you for inviting me."

"No problem."

"What time?"

"We'll be at Delmonico's around 7."

"Sounds good."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

"OK, see you tonight. Bye."

"Bye mom."

Cheyenne hung up the phone and looked at the clock. It was already 4 so she decided to shower and get ready for the night.

Cheyenne dried her hair and curled it. She pulled on a a blue and white striped dress that had one shoulder and went about half way down her thigh. It wasn't too long but at the same time it wasn't too short at all. She put on a necklace and smiled as she fixed the friendship bracelets she had going down her arm. She was so glad to be able to see her "love" tattoo on her wrist, which had been covered by the cast.

Cheyenne put on some makeup and pulled on white shoes and a white jacket. She didn't feel over done at all because she announced to Jake that she was going out with her mom and Mollie for drinks after dinner. Jake actually approved, but the only reason was because he was going out drinking too. She knew he'd be drunk, but told herself that she would never get drunk again.

"Ready?" Jake called from the living room, impatiently.

"Yeah." She sighed and walked out to where he was.

They left the apartment and got into Jake's car. No matter how gorgeous Cheyenne looked, Jake never complimented her. She didn't expect much from him, but his attitude taught her to never accept many compliments from people.
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter :p