Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Heartless

Cheyenne put her dress on from the wonderful night before and grabbed her shoes and purse. "I'll see you tonight." She sighed and leaned against the door frame to the closet.

"OK." He nodded, facing the mirror.

Cheyenne walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind. She rested her head on his back and sighed lightly. "I'm so nervous." She whispered.

"I know, baby." He rested his hands ontop of hers, rubbing them soothingly. "It'll get so much better, I promise."

"God, I hope so."

"It will, and I'm ready for you." He said and turned around in her arms. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"I hope you are." She laughed lightly.

"The real question is: are you ready for me?" Bam asked.

"Of couse I am." She smiled and looked up at him.

"Don't worry, OK?"

"Alright." She whispered. "I better get going."

"Me too." He sighed and kissed her. "Text me later."

"I will." She kissed back. "I'll see you tonight."

"Alright, drive safe."

"You too." Cheyenne smiled and grabbed her stuff, leaving.

Cheyenne drove home slowly and sighed. She pulled into the driveway and got out, walking up the stairs. She unlocked the door and walked in, happy to find Jake's friend from the night before had left. She went back to the bedroom and put her stuff away. Jake must have been at work, but either way, Cheyenne took advantage of his absence to shower and plan. She packed up the important things, her clothes, and essentials. She placed everything she was taking in her car and then placed herself in the living room.

Cheyenne sat around for hours, just waiting. She wished that she had stayed at Bam's house, it was dull, and not healthy, to be sitting in an apartment with thoughts rotting out her head.

Jake came home around 5 that night, and greeted Chey with a rough kiss. Cheyenne felt sick. "Hi babe." He greeted casually.

"Hi Jake." She murmured and watched him sit on the couch. "...how was work?"

"Busy." He shrugged.

Silence fell between them.

"Jake, can we talk?"

"About?" Jake raised an eyebrow, merely glancing over at her.

"Us." She stated, glancing across the couch at him,

"OK...what?"

"Jake, I'm not happy anymore. I haven't been."

"Why?"

"...why? You're seriously asking me why?" She looked at him and clentched her teeth together.

"Yeah, why?"

"Jake, you abuse me. And you drink every single night. I can't do it anymore." She murmured the last part.

Jake stared at her, obviously furious.

"I tried telling you before Jake, but you blow me off. Every subject, every little thing that I have an opinion about. It's been over."

"What the fuck Cheyenne? What brought this?!"

"You did!" She yelled. "You're heartless! You only care about yourself!"

"Then why the fuck are you still here?!" He yelled back. "If it's been "over" for so long, then why are you here?!"

"Because I thought maybe you'd change! Maybe, after seeing how shitty you treated me, or maybe, after seeing how much you made me cry, or how disgusting you are for going out and getting drunk every night, you'd change! I mean, look at yourself! What happened to you?"

Jake glared. "You happened, I lost my interest in you."

"Then why the fuck would you have stayed either?" She glared, tears in her eyes.

"Because you're my favorite game." He smiled wickedly.

"You're an asshole. And I hope you know that you have a special spot in hell saved just for you." She whipped her cheeks, heading for the door, grabbing her keys along the way.

"Oh, and Cheyenne, you're little friend Mollie was right. I did cheat on you, I did use you. And I don't regret a moment of it."

"Well, you're going to regret every moment of it when you're rotting alone in some rundown motel someday." She glared.

"Oh, and if you think that pretty little boyfriend of yours, you know, the one you've been cheating on ME with, if you think he's gonna make it "all better" you must be an even bigger idiot than I thought."

"Fuck you Jake. Have a nice life alone." She slammed the door and ran down the stairs of the apartment to her car.

Cheyenne heard the apartment door open behind her, which made her only move faster. She threw open the door to the car and slammed it behind her once she was safely inside. She looked up at Jake who was standing at the top of the stairs. All she could do was glare as she sped out of the parking lot and out to the highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so pumped, so you'll probably see a couple more updates!

Today my mom won tickets to a Dashboard Confessional concert that inclued not only the tickets, but also VIP privaledges...meaning: I get to meet the band! ♥ I am so excited! :D