Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Tonight

Cheyenne pulled into a random parkinglot and killed the engine. She laid her arms and head on the steering wheel and cried her heart out. Years upon years spent on a wasted romance, a poisoned love.

Chey stayed like that for probably an hour, thinking, crying, and trying to erase the bad from her mind. Bam was her future and the past doesn't need to be griefed upon when there was so much more instore.

Cheyenne turned the car on and pushed a CD into the CD player, listening to track over track until the lyrics to one cause her head to lift up.

"I am vindicated,
I am selfish,
I am wrong,
I am right.
I swear I'm right,
I swear I knew it all along.

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself."

Cheyenne sighed and pushed the gear shift into drive. As she was about to pull out of the parking lot, her phone went off.

"Hey, when are you going to break up with Jake?" Bam texted.

Cheyenne bit her lip and texted Bam back. "I already did...i'm on my way over."

Cheyenne made her way out of tha parking lot, knowing Bam was going to be aggravated that she didn't listen to him and wait. She heard her phone go off, but ignored it to focus on where she was going.

Cheyenne pulled into Bam's driveway and drove up, parking next to the blue Lambo. She got out and pulled her long hair into a pony tail, glancing around, hoping maybe someone was around. She heard yelling and splashing coming from the back so she figured that everyone was enjoying the warm night.

Chey glanced down at her phone and read the text from Bam that she had ignored. "Oh ok.. you alright? If you're coming over, put on a bathing suit. tonight will be a good night."

Chey smiled lightly and slid her phone into her pocket. Bam wasn't Jake, nor did he act like Jake. She knew in her heart the Bam was an amazing man who would be so great to her within their time together, but her mind tried to tell her that he was like Jake. She sighed and remembered what her father had always told her: "Listen to your heart."

She smiled brightly to herself and grabbed one of her smaller bags from the car. She brought it up to Bam's room and just set it aside where it wouldn't get in the way. She disposed of her clothing and left her phone on the bed. Chey changed into a bathing suit and then covered herself with a shirt and shorts.

"Relax, breathe, have fun." She told herself as she headed out to the backyard.

"Chey!" Bam cheered happily, climbing out of the water to run up to her. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah." She whispered and smiled. "Everything is perfect now." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug, ignoring the fact that he was soaked.

"Tell me what happened later, tonight, fun is planned." He smiled and hugged her back.
♠ ♠ ♠


The song you see is Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional