Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Approval and Deep Conversation

Image

When they got to the airport they checked in and dropped off their luggage. Bam held onto Chey's hand and led her through the airport. Cheyenne smiled and leaned up to kiss him. Rake was already waiting at the gate for them, having bought his own tickets. Bam slapped him and leaned over at eye-level.

"Way to call me!"

"I told Dunn!"

"You didn't tell me!"

Rake rolled his eyes and fixed his hair, just for Dunn to mess it up again. Novak sat down, bitching about something new.

"Excited?" Dunn asked Cheyenne.

"Very." She smiled. "Are you?"

"No." He laughed

When they boarded the plane, Cheyenne sat at the window with Bam and Novak next to her. The rest were infront of them. The plane ride was otherwise uneventful. Bam and Novak we're yelled at by 3 different people, which actually (eventually) shut them up.

When they had to switch planes, they had an hour layover. Everyone pretty much dispersed and spread through the airport, looking for some sort of entertainment. Chey ended up beside Novak as they wandered aimlessly.

"So, you like my life partner?" Novak asked.

"Yes, I do." She answered.

"Well, let me tell you this, miss: you are definetely a good catch. I haven't see Bam this happy in awhile. And he's actually acting like himself."

Cheyenne smiled. "He makes me so happy. I can be myself with no boundaries. I'm just glad that her feels the same. And I like him a lot."

"Love?" He asked.

She looked down. "It's hard to say that right now, it's too soon."

"I understand that."

Cheyenne nodded.

"Just don't hurt him."

"I'd never do that."

"Well, then you have my full approval." He smiled and wrapped an arm aroud her shoulder.

Cheyenned laughed. "Nice to know I needed you to approve of me."

"Well, he is my life partner, after all." He laughed. "But I know he likes you."

Cheyenne smiled and looked up at Novak.

"Missy really fucked things up for him emotionally and somewhat socially. That's why he drank so much, to drown her out. When you came along, from the moment we saw you in that store, he said he needed to know you." Novak looked down at her in return. "Ever since you came around he's been smiling more and he's back to his old shit."

"I don't think I've ever had more fun or smiled more." Cheyenne said. "It seems silly to say, but he really did save me."

"That's not silly at all. And Bam-bam, I know he's got that asshole personality sometimes and his pranks suck and all, but he's a great guy."

"He really is."

"He's nothing like your other guy." Novak added. "So don't compare them, he would never treat you like that."

"I know." She murmured. "It's just blinding when you've been in a situation so long."

"Just try not to worry, our lifestyle is extremely fun." He smiled.