Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Questions for Bam

Image

When Bam woke up in the morning he was alone. He blinked several times and wiped his eyes. The room was already warm with air and sunlight, all three windows open. He examined the room. The walls were a warm but pale blue with white trim. There was a dresser and larger closet doors. Beside the bed, on either side, was a window and a nightstand beneath it. The walls were accompanied by 2 other doors and held picture frames. The bed was large, soft, and covered in blankets. The floor was wooden, but a carpet covered a great deal of it. The smell of salt water traveled with the warmth that entered through the windows. The room was fairly large and welcoming.

Bam got up and dresssed, feeling awkward just walking out into the long hallway. There were many doors down the hall, eachother was either a different color or held a sign stating whose room it was. Both ends of the hall were open to other rooms as well, but not bedrooms.

"There you are." Cheyenne's voice rang from one end of the hall.

Bam turned to face her and studied her outfit. She had cut off shorts on and girl-cowboy boots on. He shirt was spaghetti strapped and very flowing. It showed more than what Bam was used to seeing from her. Her hair was down and wavy, she was surely dressed for Texas.

"Well look at you." He smiled.

"We're on a ranch, need to look the part." She smiled. "Come on, you have to meet everyone."

Cheyenne led him down the hall in the opposite direction she came from. "Cayden will probably ask to skateboard." She warned.

Bam was led through a large sunroom with a high, windowed ceiling, fireplace, toys in the corner, and furniture to compliment the wide space. Up a few stairs and into an open, warm kitchen they went. Bam was in awe. Everything was so beautiful and welcoming.

"Your family is rich." He murmured.

Cheyenne smiled slightly. "Come on, we're having breakfast on the patio."

She opened a door that led into the garage, which was open. When they reached the front pation, Bam could see large barns and even the Gulf.

"Hi grandma," She smiled. "this is Bam."

An older woman stood and smiled, hugging Bam lovingly. She had graying, silver-blonde hair and the same eyes as Cheyenne. She seemed in good shape for her age.

"Welcome hun, it's so nice to meet you." She smiled, her accent thick.

"Nice to meet you too." He smiled.

Cheyenne's mom was sitting beside another woman, Cayden, Danielle, and an older man. The table was covered in food.

"I hope you have a big appetite." She commented. "Please eat."

Bam sat beside Cheyenne and looked around the table. "Hello Amy."

"Hi hun." Chey's mom smiled.

"This is my aunt Rebecca." Chey introduced.

"Hi darlin', you can just call me Becca. I'm Cayden's mom." She smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Bam." He smiled back.

"And this is my husband Roy," Cheyenne's grandma smiled. "you can call me Sharon."

Bam nodded and waited for Cheyenne to get food before he did too.

"Is Bam short for something?" Sharon asked.

"Well, my name is Brandon. But everyone started calling me Bam after my grandpa called me that because I ran into the walls when I was little."

Sharon and Roy laughed.

"What do you do for a living?" Roy asked.

"I'm a skateboarder, actor, and I do a little producing."

"He's one of those boys from that show, Jackass, dear." Sharon smiled.

"Oh, that's right." He nodded. "Very funny boy."

Bam smiled and nodded. "Thank you."

"How did you meet?" Sharon asked.

"Well, I first met Chey when she was at work, but we didn't start talking until I ran into her and accidently knocked her over one day."

Cheyenne smiled. "We haven't stopped talking since."

Sharon smiled at Bam.

"May I see your new tattoo?" Danielle piped up.

Cheyenne looked at her and nodded slightly, standing up. She lifted her shirt to reveal the tattoo on her stomach which had been healing.

"Oh, that's pretty." He mom cooed.

"Lovely." Sharon nodded.

Danielle smiled and glanced at Bam and then away.

Cheyenne noticed and bit her lip.