Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Dinner Worries (Part 1)

Image

When they left, Cheyenne and her grandma went to the store. Bam left his phone behind, so Chey held on to it incase Johnny or his manager tried to call.

She was planning a romantic dinner with Bam out on the back patio. Chey was excited, but worried at the same time about Bam. He seemed like something was wrong, he was too quiet.

Cheyenne made sure she had everything she needed before she started to prepare the backyard and house for Bam's special dinner.

"Here, darlin'." Sharon smiled, handing her a box.

"I wore this the first night I made dinner for your grandpa. It's very old, but it will go nicely with your body."

"Thank you, grandma." She gasped, looking over the beautiful dress she found inside.

"Of course. Your mother and I will finish the patio for you so you can cook and get ready."

"You're a lot of help, thank you." Cheyenne smiled and went back to preparing.

She decided to get herself ready by taking a shower and letting her hair flow naturally after drying it. She put the dress on. It was a pale color, possibly white with a ribbon around the waist and ruffles at the bottom, something old fashioned. Afterwards she returned to cooking dinner for Bam.

After awhile, Bam's phone went off and so Cheyenne answered. "Hello?"

"Who is this?" Missy's voice asked.

"Missy? What do you want?" Cheyenne tensed.

"Is Bam there?"

"No, he's not." She murmured.

"Look Cheyenne, I need to talk to Bam whether you like it or not."

"He's not here."

"Then I'll call him later."

Cheyenne went to protest but Missy hung up the phone without another word. Chey set the phone on the counter and sighed, running a hand through her hair.

After the call, that's all she could think about while cooking. What did Missy need to talk to Bam about? Was she trying to get him back? What was she going to do?

Cheyenne managed to finish dinner and get to a point where she could made herself look more decent.

"Cheyenne, the patio is all set up for you. Cayden is on his way home too, so they'll be back shortly." Charon smiled, washing her hands.

"Thank you." She smiled back, sliding Bam's phone into her palm and behind her back.

"Need anymore help?"

"No." She shook her head. "I'll be fine."

"OK, have fun."

"I will." She smiled to herself and started to bring the food outside.

"Hey, we're home." Cayden said, walking into the kitchen.

"Did you have fun?"

"Lots." He laughed.

"Where's Bam?"

"He went to your room."

"Do me a favor and ask him to go back to the patio?"

"Sure." He nodded.

"Thanks." She smiled and went to the backyard to wait for Bam's arrival.

"Hi Cheyenne." Bam smiled as he emerged from the house. "Did you do all of this?"

"I had some help." She kissed him.

"Looks good." He kissed back and looked at the dinner on the table.

The atmoshpere was romantic and candles surrounded their tented area. There were soft murmurs from all of the animals, deep in their pens, preparing with secret rituals for sleep; and the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore.