Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Dinner Worries (Part 2)

Image

Cheyenne and Bam sat down at the table and began their dinner together.

"Everything tastes amazing." He smiled, looking up at her.

"Thank you." She smiled back and looked across at him. "Oh, you left your phone here." Cheyenne took the phone out of her dress pocket and handed it to him. "I held onto it incase your manager or mom called."

"Oh, thanks. Did anyone call?"

Cheyenne cleared her throat and nodded. "Missy did."

Bam looked at her wearily. "Did you answer?"

"Yeah, I didn't recognized the number, so I did incase it was family." She whispered.

Bam nodded. "What did she say?"

Cheyenne felt like he was trying to hide something, he seemed offensive. "That she needed to talk to you soon and she'd call later."

"Ok." He said quietly. "I don't know what the fuck she wants."

"Me either." She sighed.

"Thank you for dinner."

"Of course." She nodded.

"You're a good cook." He smiled.

"I have to impress my man somehow." She laughed.

Bam smiled and nodded, looking up at the sky. "Want to look at the stars?"

"I'd love to."

Bam got up and walked with her off the patio. The two of them laid in the grass, Cheyenne cuddling into him, laying between his legs with her back pressed against his chest. Bam wrapped his arms around her shoulders and Cheyenned sighed deeply and stared up at the sky.

"I'm worried." She broke the silence.

"About what?"

"Honestly, about Missy." She murmured.

Bam tensed slightly. "Why?"

"I'm afraid she's trying to get you back."

Bam sighed and held onto Cheyenne, kissing her head. "I don't care what she wants. I want you, she wont get me back. Please, don't worry."

Cheyenne nodded, not saying much. Just thinking.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

Cheyenne screamed at herself in her head. You're not good enough, Missy will always hold the higher pedestal. Her mind was wreaking havoc, flooding with corrupt thoughts and ideas. What if Missy had something that would virtually make Bam come back to her. What if Bam still loved her? She didn't want to lose Bam, he'd finally helped her feel comfortable and safe and even happy. What if she lost that again?

Bam ran another hand through his hair and held in a sigh. He didn't know what the fuck Missy wanted, but he knew it wasn't good.