Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

This Bitter Earth

Image

Cheyenne stared down at Bam. She couldn't breath and she felt paralyzed. She knew she was crying and couldn't tell if Bam was too. Here he was, on one knee in front of her, all of his emotions exposed to her and only her.

"Bam..."She whispers and dropped to her own knees in front of him.

It was surprising, unexpected, and overwhelming.

"Now would be a good time to say something." Bam whispered, and tried to force a smile.

"Bam..." He looked up at her. She nodded furiously and threw her arms around his neck tightly. "Yes Bam, yes!"

Bam hugged her waist tightly and pulled her body against his. "Yes." She cried and buried her head in the crevace of his neck and shoulder.

"Cheyenne, don't cry." He chuckled gently, trying to whipe his own tears away before they became too visible.

"I'm crying because I'm happy." She laughed and pulled away enough to look up at him. "Bam, since that day I met you at the art store, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. Since the day you spilt hot chocolate all over me, I haven't felt alone at all. You make me feel like I actually do have a place somewhere on this bitter earth."

Bam pushed strands of her hair behind her ear. "I love you, Cheyenne. I know others have hurt you, but I promise I will never do that to such a beautiful woman. You've changed my way completely, and I wouldn't want it any other way."

"I love you too, Bam. I never thought I could be happy again, but now I know I can be. Thank you so much, for everything you have done for me."

Bam pulled Chey closer and kissed her hard on the lips. Cheyenne held herself to him and whiped away her tears, hugging him tightly.

"Want your ring?" He laughed and smiled down at her. They were both still kneeing on the pettles and the stone flooring of the patio.

Cheyenne nodded and smiled, watching him pull out a small black box. She giggled, realizing he must have been so nervous he forgot to grab the ring to propose with.

He opened the box and Cheyenne gasped. "It's so beautiful, Bam." She whispered and looked at him.

Bam grabbed her hand in his and took out the ring, slowly sliding it down her ring finger. "Fits perfectly."

"Bam, this is so beautiful." She admired the ring and ran the fingers of her other hand down it gently.

"I wasn't sure if it was too flashy for you, I know you like subtle things...But Dunn and Dico said you'd love it."

"Dico knew about this!" She looked at him.

"They went with me to pick the ring." He smiled innocently.

"So they're probably waiting to know what I said." She smiled and shook her head.

"Novak wants to know, but he can wait. This is more important." He smiled back. "You look stunning."

"As do you." She looked up and over at the table. "Dinner?"

"Yeah, I had planned to propose to you after dinner but, I was too excited." He admitted.

Cheyenne laughed and hugged him. "It's OK, we can skip dinner."

"Let's go home and bum in some pajamas." He laughed and hugged back.

"Actually, I was wondering if we could dance first." She whispered.

"Dance?" He asked.

"I've been wanting to for awhile" She admitted and looked down.

"Of course." He smiled and stood up, helping her.

She reached into her purse and pulled out her iPod, setting both on the table and playing a song for them to dance to.

"Thank you, Bam..." She whispered as they started to dance. "...for everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Image
Here is a picture of the ring! I personally think it suits Cheyenne's style. =]
The song they dance to is "This Bitter Earth." I cant remember who it's by right now (im in school), but you can look it up on youtube to hear it. It's from like On the Nature of Daylight or something of that sort.

Comment, rate, message! Thanks guys so much =] But this is not the end at all!