Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

The News

Image

"Bam, we need to meet soon. Tomorrow? Starbucks at noon, West Goshen." Missy had texted him.

He stared at his phone and quickly texted a "Fine." to her and forced his phone into his pocket. This was a happy occasion, and he wasn't going to let her ruin it for him.

That night Cheyenne retired to bed rather early. All of the excitement and planning she had to do made her tired and she thought it best to catch up on sleep while she still could. Bam had a little talk with Dunn about Missy. He agreed that he should at least see what Missy wanted so she'd leave him alone. Bam thought of the worse, but Dunn said to at least try to stay positive.

The next morning, Bam left a note for Cheyenne to read, leaving for the day to try. Cheyenne's phone had been full of texts and missed calls, voicemails, all from family who were excited to hear the news and wanting to know how she was.

Bam planned to firstly stop and meet with Missy, then talk to a producer from MTV who was in town about having another show, one for Cheyenne and him. A show to introduce Cheyenne into his life and finally reveal who she was and what she was to him. He knew he had done it with Missy, but he'd push it over the top if he had a show with Cheyenne. He just had to get all of the guys back into his life and closer to the house, and triple check that it was what Cheyenne wanted.

Bam drove to the next town over and drove around until he found the only Starbucks. He pulled into a parking spot, noticing that Missy's Range Rover was sitting in a spot. He got out and walked inside. It was a rather larger Starbucks and had an upstairs lounge for buyers or simply for people there to use the wifi.

"Bam." Missy smiled slightly, standing up from a table and waiting for him to walk over.

"Hi Missy." He said and hugged her back slightly with one arm as she hugged him. "What do you need to tell me?"

"Bam, you should really sit." She said, looking away from his gaze.

Bam sat down and looked up at her. He examined her for any part of her that could give away the slightest hint of what she wanted. He stopped at her stomach. It was bulged out. Not like she had eaten a huge meal or gained weight. There was a bulge. A bump. A baby.

Bam's eyes widened and Missy sat down across from him. Her face was pale. Bam was pretty sure his was too. "Missy...are you-"

"Pregnant?" She interupted. "Yeah Bam, I'm pregnant." She looked at him. She kept her up-right posture and stared down at the table rather than at him.

"How..pregnant?"

"I'm already 6 months. I haven't started showing much yet."

Bam thought. He'd only known Cheyenne personally for about 5 months. He couldn't remember if 6 months back he'd still been having sex with Missy. He couldn't think. His head was a blur. His head started throbbing, and his vision seemed blurred. He blinked and stared at her.

"Is it mine?" He asked, his eyes piercing into hers.

"Bam I-" She looked at him and took a long, drawn out breath. "I don't know." She answered after a minute or two of silence.

"So you were cheating on me." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yeah Bam." She looked down and stared at the table. "I cheated on you. But don't pretend you didn't cheat on me."

He wasn't going to argue with Missy. Sure, he had been shit-faced drunk before, and he had no clue what he was doing, but he never once cheated on Missy. Never. She was the unfaithful one. He would never bring himself to be unfaithful with Missy. Yeah, he had cheated on Jenn, but there were reasons. No matter how mad he had been at Missy, he couldn't have done that to her while he still loved her.

"So this baby could be either mine or this other guy's." He stated.

"Yes." She nodded slightly.

"When do you find out whose it is?" He asked.

"I can either try to get a paternity test in 2 months or so or wait until the baby is born for a blood test."

"I'd like to know soon, Missy. So the paternity test while you're pregnant."

"Why Bam? What is the rush?" She looked at him.

"Because 1, I'd like to know if it's even mine. And 2, I'm trying to restart my life with someone right now, and a baby is really going to ruin everything we are planning, and needing to plan."

"You sound as if you're getting married." Missy commented and looked at him.

Bam stared at her with a plain look on his face, though his eyes were wide, his heart was pounding, and his skin was pale.

"Oh my god, you are." She gave him a short glare. "I'm not asking you to be the father."

"If it's my child I'm going to be its father whether you like it or not."

"Well, then I will get a paternity test done and let you know." Missy stood up and grabbed her purse, pulling it over her shoulder.

"Have fun with your new tramp." Her voice was laced with venom as she stomped out of Starbucks.

Bam glared after her and waited until the Range Rover left the parking lot to so much as leave and head off to his next destination.

"That bitch." He growled, getting into the Hummer. He was so pissed. How could she have done this. Months and months of their relationship she speaks of not wanting kids but then after the damage she announces she's pregnant.

He was so angry, so upset. But he knew one thing: He could not tell Cheyenne. He loved her and didn't want to hide anything, but if she found this out now, they would be no more.

He drove to his next destination, tears of anger, fear, and sadness in his eyes.