Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Everything

Image

"Jake?" Cheyenne choked out. Were her eyes decieving her? What she hallucinating?

"Cheyenne..." Jake walked to stand in front of her and dropped down to his knees. "Cheyenne, I'm so sorry." He frowned and looked up at her.

Cheyenne stared down at her, still in disbelief that this was actually happening. Was she dreaming? Why is he here? How did he find out about this?

"Cheyenne, please, please forgive me." He begged. "I'm so sorry I hurt you, I never meant to. I know I've hurt you and I'm so sorry." He had tears in his eyes.

"Jake why are you here?" She choked out and stared down at him.

"Listen.." He grabbed her hands and held them tightly. "I know I've done wrong, and I'm so sorry for everything I've ever done, for all of the hurt I've caused you. I fucked up, I know I did. This time without you has killed me, I know I need you in my life. I can't live without you, it's driving me crazy."

Cheyenne felt tears coming to her eyes. How could he do this to her? When everything was going perfect. When she was so in love with Bam and was so prepared for the wedding and to marry Bam and be a Margera. How could he just come into her life like this again?

"Cheyenne please, say something, I need you back. I want you back." Jake was actually crying at this point.

He wrapped his arms around her waist. Cheyenne's arms flinched back, and she considered shoving him off. But it wasn't in her nature. Cheyenne placed her hands in Jake's hair and attempted to soothe him by brushing his hair back.

"Jake..." She whispered, looking down at him. He didn't answer.

Cheyenne slid her hands down to his cheeks and lifted his head up so he would look at her. "Jake." She whispered again and sighed deeply. She put her forhead on his. "Stop crying." She muttered, sounding a bit irratated.

"Listen Jake.." She begun. "I am happy now. I am actually happy. The years with you are nothing compared to the months I've spent with Bam. Please don't get me wrong, I loved you very much, and a part of me will always love you."

"Then stay with me! Please.." He begged on.

"Jake..." She frowned, a tear falling from her own eyes. "You don't understand...I love Bam now, I'm in love with him. He cares for me, protects me. He has never hurt me, or sworn at me, or left me alone. He may have a drinking problem too but he has never gotten drunk then come home to me like you did every night."

"I can change."

"Jake, your promises aren't anything anymore. You promised me so much and you broke all of the promises, all of them. Nothing is what you promised it would be."

"But things can be better, I can make them better and everything will be OK."

"Jake...no, I can't let myself believe you again. I love Bam, he means so much to be now, I can't give up this amazing live I've gained the past few months to return to empty promises.

"Please Cheyenne, I can't live without you." He was still crying.

"Jake, don't do this to me, dammit." She cried and looked down at him. "If you love me, then let me go. Please, I'm happy. Move on, find someone else to make you happy."

She pulled her head away from his. "Jake, I am happy. Happier than I was with you, and I can't go back to that life we used to have. It's too much, I can't do it."

"Cheyenne, I love you."

"I love you too, Jake. I'm just not in love with you anymore. It's time to let go." She whipped her cheeks and looked at him.

Jake hugged her tighter and Cheyenne threw her own arms around his neck and held him tightly. She started crying harder as she burried her face into his neck. She breathed him in and held on tightly.

This was her old Jake. The one she fell for. The one that cared deeply and cried over her and felt her pain. The one that made her highschool and college years so much easier and less lonely. Everything brought back memories: his smell, the way he hugged her, the sound of his quiet sobbing.

Jake pulled away and looked up at her. "Can I kiss you one last time?" He asked.

Cheyenne stared at him, trying to rid her eyes and cheeks of the rings. "No Jake.." She whispered.

"Cheek?" He whispered.

Cheyenne shook her head 'no' and pointed at her forhead.

Jake smiled and sat up some, kissing her forhead tenderly. He hugged her one last time.

"Bye Cheyenne, I love you."

Cheyenne nodded and bit her lip.

"Bye Jake."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here readers! PLEASE, go here and vote for your favorite dress for the wedding! I'm sorry you have to copy and paste, but please vote! Soon I'll have the boquet poll and the wedding colors poll, just keep your eye out.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N9SCVP6
You can also find the link on the sequel's page