Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Caught

"They're making me stay another night." Cheyenne looked over at Bam.

"Well they want to make sure that you're OK."

"I hate hospitals, I'll be fine at home." She protested.

"One more night won't hurt." He chuckled and Cheyenne sighed.

"That's my favorite color." Bam smiled after a long pause.

"What?"

"Your cast?" He chuckled.

"Oh, mine too. Do you want to sign it?" She smiled and grabbed a marker.

"Uh, sure." He smiled back and gently took the marker from her."

He started signing her cast and she watched. "Feel better! I'm so sorry -Bam" She read and smiles slightly.

"Is my car ruined?" She asked.

"Yea...the Hummer destroyed it." Cheyenne frowned when she heard this.

"Great." She sighs.

"I'll buy you another one." He shrugged.

"I can't let you do that Bam, that's way too much. I'm sure my insurance company will pay for it." She glanced at the door as it opened.

Jake stopped at the doorway and stared at Bam and then directed his attention to Cheyenne.

"Hi honey." He glanced at Bam again and kisses Cheyennes head possessively.

"Hi Jake." She said timidly and smiled.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"Oh Jake, this is Bam. He's my friend." She said and gave Bam a look, trying to tell him not to bring up the car accident.

"Nice to meet you." Bam glanced at Cheyenne than Jake.

"Yea." Jake glares down at Cheyenne slightly and she looks down.

There was a long silence.

"Well, I better get going." Bam said and smiled sadly at Cheyenne.

"Thank you for stopping."

"No problem...let me know how you're feeling tomorrow, OK?" He said quietly and fled from the room.

"What the fuck Cheyenne, I leave for a few hours and you're fucking around with other guys."

"I wasn't fucking around with anyone! He's my friend!"

"Well if you wouldn't have fucking left the house then you wouldn't even be in the fucking hospital. Learn your place." He glared.

Cheyenne clentched her teeth to stop the tears from falling. She glared at him and looked down before he noticed.

"I'm leaving town tonight." He announced.

"Why...?" She asked and looked at him.

"I have a business trip, and this time I don't want you to go."

"I don't want to goanyway." She murmured and Jake turned to look at her.

"You're lucky that you're already in a hospital bed."