Sequel: Eclat
Status: finished.

Smirt

Two.

To celebrate our friendship, I took Dahlia to Waffle House. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. Why the hell would you take some girl you just met to Waffle House? Just because you talked over a few smokes and she’s pretty?

If you are thinking that, then I’ll be the first to disagree. No, there are a few reasons why I went to Waffle House with her.

One, I was hungry.

Two, the therapy sessions I have scheduled are early in the morning, and I can’t cook anything. Cereal counts right?

And three, at the back of my mind, I knew that we would get along. I just had this feeling that we could be good friends. Maybe even best friends, as Dahlia had suggested.

After the waitress took our order, my back stayed pressed against the vinyl of the booth, my eyes avoiding Dahlia’s gaze. I didn’t have to try too hard because she wasn’t really paying any attention to me. I know that sounds strange but it’s the truth. Dahlia really wasn’t showing any signs that she wanted to talk to me.

Of course I attempted to start up a conversation.

“I love going to Waffle House. It’s one of the few places I’ll go to, no questions asked,” I began with a small smile, noticing that she still had the menu in front of her. I was a regular at Waffle House, so I didn’t need to read the menu, but it dawned on me that maybe Dahlia wasn’t one too.

“I’ve only been to Waffle House once in my whole life.”

“You’re lying!” I said, pointing an accusatory finger at her. I frowned. “Aren’t you?”

“Why would I lie about that?” Dahlia snickered, rolling her eyes. “Wow, you’re really something, Christofer Drew Ingle.”

“I’m not entirely sure what you mean by that, Dahlia I-don’t-know-your-middle-name-is Bennett.” I grabbed a fork as the waitress placed our food on the table, stuffing my mouth full of waffles after drizzling syrup over them.

Dahlia sighed, shaking her head as I swallowed and quickly ate another forkful of waffles. “Nevermind. I just know how to pick the winners to be my friend.”

“Was that an insult?” I asked.

“No, it wasn’t,” she replied with a bright smile, taking a sip of orange juice. “and if you must know, my middle name is Rose.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3

I'm really in love with writing this story.
It's just so simple to create dialogue between
Dahlia and Christofer, which is just great.
I have loads of possible ideas for Smirt;
I am not making any promises,
but I predict frequent chapter updates.

Thanks for reading & commenting.
I hope everything going on in your life isn't too overwhelming.