Sequel: Eclat
Status: finished.

Smirt

Twenty-Two.

“Gavin, oh for the love of god, what are you doing?!” I screamed, eyes wide and my hand placed firmly on my chest. I hated it when he was awake at the same time as me. Being an insomniac, I woke up at strange hours of the night (or the early morning, if you think of it that way). Well, this was partially because it rarely happened. Secondly, Gavin was quiet; it was eerily silent when he was creeping about the apartment with his fuzzy slippers and a can of energy drink or mug of coffee.

He stifled a laugh and took out his mug from the microwave. “I was making some herbal tea. It’s earl grey. You want a taste?” Gavin grinned, rolling his eyes as he offered the tea, my nose wrinkling in response. I didn’t want tea. I wanted to go to fucking sleep. But that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. I chose the next best option instead.

“I don’t want your damn tea, you filthy little douche.” My expression was borderline completely serious and cracking a small smile. I kept my poker face on and swiped the mug from his hands. “But that doesn’t mean I am opposed to swiping it.”

“Who the fuck are you?” he half-whispered, half-whined. I giggled at his stupefied expression and waited for him to finish speaking. “Hey, hands off. Damnit. You said you didn’t want any.” He grabbed the mug back from me.

“Since when do I listen to your whining?” I retorted, opening the fridge and taking out the last can of root beer.

“Ouch. That isn’t mean at all, Dahlia Rose.” He took a long sip of tea and licked his lips. My eyebrows rose as he said my formal name. That was definitely weird. Like when Chris introduced me to Ellie and called me Dahlia. Freaky. “Well, answer the question! Now.”

“I’m your worst nightmare, hon,” I said over my shoulder as I walked away. As I nestled into the covers on my bed, my phone began to ring. I grimaced as I heard the ringtone; it was specifically for one person only. Chris, why the fuck are you calling me this early? You’re a strange little birdie, aren’t ya? I rolled my eyes and answered the phone. “Hello?” There was a loud sound, presumably the phone being dropped on the floor, before the line disconnected.

“Who are you talking to?” I noticed Gavin standing by the door, which had been left ajar. He had mouthed the words, brows furrowing slightly. I bit my lip in response. This only made him even more interested, and he got into my bed, wrapping himself in the covers. He gestured towards the phone and nodded.

I stared at the screen for a few seconds before shooting Gavin the same look of distress. “Should I call him back?” He pushed my shoulder lightly, rolling his eyes. His hands covered his face in frustration. My head tilted to the side. “Is that a yes or no? Ya know, you’re really not helping right now.” I squealed as Gavin snatched the device from my hand, the sound of it speed-dialing causing my eyes to widen. No! I don’t even know what I’m going to say. This isn’t going to end well, I just know it.

I hate you so much, Gav,” I said as he gave me the phone, a cheeky grin plastered on his face. It seemed to say, you’ll thank me for this later. I sighed in relief as I heard his tentative hello. Maybe he hadn’t called me and it was just a misunderstanding. He’d pressed the wrong button, forgot his phone was in his pocket and went to sleep. There had to be a reasonable explanation that said otherwise. Why would he call anyway?

“You called.” A declaration, not a question. Oh, how I wished I could have taken it back. I sounded so unlike me. “Or maybe you accidentally called me? I’m not entirely certain of what happened.” That’s better. Now he won’t think you’re egotistical. Beside me, Gavin was reading one of the novels from my bookshelf. However, his eyes darted back and forth from the book to my direction. I wondered what went down with that guy he had brought home a week ago. I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

“I called.” He laughed. It was an infectious laugh that made me smile and my stomach flip like a fish out of water. “I was hoping that you’d want to join me and Ellie after your session and work. You don’t, uhm, have to go. But it’d be cool if you did. Gavin’s invited too.”

“Sure,” I replied, poking Gavin’s shoulder repeatedly and pantomiming holding a pen and writing with it. He found a faded receipt and pen, giving it to me. I waited for a moment as I gripped the pen, turning to the bedside table. “Where are we going?”

“The beach.” I wrote down Going to the beach with Chris & the beast Ellie. Gavin’s lips formed an ‘o’ shape as he pointed at himself. I nodded. “Doll?” I didn’t acknowledge the fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach as he said my nickname.

“We’ll be there.”

Let the games begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
. . .eh, this one was alright.
Not sure if the next update will be soon.
x: I've been more inspired with my other story,
to be honest, and there's a lot going on in my life.

Also, if anyone wants to add me on tumblr,
PM / comment me on my profile or something.
I frequently post Christofer-related stuff.