Sequel: Eclat
Status: finished.

Smirt

Twenty-Three.

“Are you ready to go now, Els?” I groaned, my eyes on the bathroom door. I was on my bed, laying on it, chest-to-bed sheets. I rested my head on my crossed arms, nearly falling asleep for the millionth time. Ellie had been in the bathroom for over an hour and she still wasn’t ready. I was beginning to think that we were going to the beach at midnight at this rate. There was a loud crash, followed by her muttering shitfuckshit, which made me a crack a smile. Finally, the door opened and my jaw dropped. It would’ve stayed that way but Ellie started laughing, doing a three sixty spin and looking at the full-length mirror. She looks better without most of that makeup she uses.

She bit her lip. “Sorry I took so long, Chris.” Ellie adjusted her bikini top which was underneath a white wife beater. “Are they going to be here soon---” We stared at the doorway as there was a knock at the door. Showtime. I got off the bed and walked to the door, pulling it open. Gavin & Dahlia stood there, sunglasses on and in similar attire.

“Isn’t this the perfect day to go to the beach?” Ellie hugged Gavin then Dahlia, squealing excitedly as she put on her sunglasses and flip flops. Gavin had a smile painted on his face and Dahlia was indifferent as usual. I think they went mhm in agreement with Ellie. Maybe I had imagined it.

We got into Dahlia’s car, Gavin turning around to glance at me. “Is this the only thing that we’re going to do, Chris?” I gave him a confused look and cleared my throat. What else were we going to do? I wasn’t good at making plans, especially adding onto an existing one. I thought about it for a while and ignored the fact that the car was silent. I nudged Ellie’s foot with mine, desperately in need of her to help me respond to Gavin’s question. Thankfully, she took the hint and was about to reply.

“What else did you wanna do, Gav?” Dahlia shrugged, her eyes on the road the whole time. “I had my session earlier and I have to close the diner tonight. We’re all busy.” Gavin groaned in disappointment and didn’t speak again until we arrived at the beach. I noticed that there was a carnival set up on the pier.

I saw the Ferris wheel first. Although I didn’t show my excitement, I was ecstatic. I was a kid at heart and the carnival was one of those places I liked going to. The downfall was that I couldn’t eat the concessions there due to my diet but it wasn’t much of a loss. As long as I went on the Ferris wheel, played a few rigged games, and saw the circus, I would be happy. Ellie knew I had already formed another plan as I got out of the car. There was a small grin on my lips as Gavin and Dahlia followed suit; they had noticed the carnival too. It’s hard not to notice the carnival when you hear the music. It’s not just music from someone’s car. It’s different.

Before I could say another word, Gavin pointed to the pier. “Fuck yeah! We’re going to the beach and the carnival?”

There was no response, only the sound of our footsteps as we made our way over to the pier. I kept my hands to myself, already knowing that Ellie and Dahlia would try to hold one of them. Ellie appeared to be unperturbed but I knew better than to believe she truly felt that way. Dahlia held Gavin’s hand instead and I was envious of that, even if he was gay. Because regardless of their orientation or any other factor, it was my hand that fit perfectly with hers. No one else could say the same. Not even Gavin. My fingers intertwined with Ellie’s. She smiled as my thumb traced circles onto the back of her hand.

Just another day at the beach? I don’t think so.
♠ ♠ ♠
:| This one wasn't that great but I liked the end of the chapter.
Anyway, sorry for not updating sooner.
As I mentioned before, I've been busy.

Thank you for all your lovely comments and subscriptions.
Silent readers, known readers, I appreciate you all. (: