Sequel: Eclat
Status: finished.

Smirt

Eight.

“I understand why you said ‘no’ to group sessions but I think it would be helpful, Chris.” Dr. Feldman’s eyebrows rose as she watched me toss the stress ball from one hand to the other. I think she was going to regret giving it to me next time.

“I just don’t see it as ‘helpful,’ doc,” I replied, throwing the stress ball at the wall, the spherical object bouncing back into my hands each time. This was usually how I spent my sessions in therapy, laying on the leather chaise that was a good distance from the wall. Dr. Feldman didn’t care about the seating arrangement.

“You’re not willing to attend at least one?” Dr. Feldman was persuasive when it came to compromises.

“What’s the catch?”

“No catch. Just one session.”

I threw the ball again and cursed as it ricocheted off the wall and onto the floor. “Is the session still at the same time? Two hours, right?”

“Yes, Chris, it’s still from three to five PM.” Dr. Feldman glanced at her watch and smiled genially. “Is there anything else you would like to discuss?”

“Nah, I’m good. I’ll see you later.” I was already at the door; hand on the knob, when Dr. Feldman called my name.

“Yeah?”

“Have a good day, Christofer.”

“Thanks, doc. You too. By the way, can I bring a friend?”

Her expression didn’t change at all. “Of course. If they will help you during the session, by all means, invite them to go as well.”

I smiled in response and left Dr. Feldman’s office, taking the elevator to street level, and passing by the place where I met Dahlia. The sidewalk was occupied by an old homeless woman, her clothes reduced to discolored grey rags. Her eyes regarded me curiously as I approached her. I couldn’t just walk away from this woman. What kind of person would that make me? Obviously, not a good one. That was what motivated me to go over to the woman, take out a twenty dollar bill, and walk away. The look on that woman’s face was genuine; a small smile appeared on her face, her voice calling out a shaky “thank you” as I went to the bus stop.

There are many things that people don’t know about me, I thought, as I got on the bus and found a place to stand, cringing slightly at the smell of urine and rotten eggs. Dahlia doesn’t know that I’m a musician which is good. She also doesn’t know about my part time job. Even better.

You’d be surprised at how fast some girls will want to date you once you say you’re a musician.

True fact.

I’m not even trying to be pretentious, cocky, egotistical, or whatever adjective you choose that is synonymous to the given words. It’s just an observation I made once I started to become ‘somebody’ in the music industry. Imagine my relief in knowing that Dahlia didn’t know about my music career. Most guys in my position would be insulted, but hell no, I was elated. But today was solely dedicated to my part time job at Vienna Supermarket. At Vienna, I am a cashier in the ‘veggie’ section, as my boss, Kenneth, says. The veggie section has more than produce though. It has every foodstuff that is organic, gluten-free, and even kosher.

Vienna Supermarket was where I met the girl I thought I loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray for making up crappy supermarket names.
This chapter made me smile, just saying.
Am I the only one who can imagine Chris
working at a supermarket? xD Aaaah.

I am still full of ideas for this story. <3
This is my bby.