Sequel: Eclat
Status: finished.

Smirt

Nine.

“I can’t believe you said that.”

“You’re still not over it? Build a bridge and get over it, Doli.”

Gavin, god, I actually like this guy. I really do. He’s not like the others.” I crossed my arms over my chest and groaned. Well, I attempted to, at least. It’s a difficult task when you’re sitting on a couch upside down. Especially when you’re being forced into watching re-runs of three different soap operas. “You made me seem like a little slut.”

“And? Boys are into that.” He rolled his eyes, taking a sip of diet soda.

“That’s not a good thing!” I did a double take, eyes wide. “Who are the boys that are into that?

Gavin grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume on the TV. “Nothing. Forget I ever mentioned it.”

“Well, I’m going grocery shopping.” I got off the couch, the blood rushing to my head and making me dizzy for a moment. I slipped on my shoes and took my car keys, glancing over my shoulder at Gavin. “Do you need anything? Tampons, maybe?”

He glared at me, the diet soda halfway to his lips, before placing it on the coffee table. “No, I don’t need anything.”

“Don’t snap at me,” I responded just as quickly.

The silence between us was deafening.

“Hey, Doll?”

I was putting on my coat, my back to Gavin. I turned around. “Yeah?”

“How is Chris not like the others?” he asked, the TV program on mute.

“I’ll tell you when I get back from the supermarket,” I replied with a small smile, “I love you, Gavin.”

“Love you too, Doli.”

I left our apartment and began to drive to the supermarket, my mood lifting as I noticed a new text message. Of course, it was from Chris. Apparently, he was at his part time job.

I didn’t even know you had a part time job, Ingle! I responded as he explained that he wanted to hang out.

I’m closing up the market today, so. . .you better go. That was Christofer’s cryptic text message.

I wasn’t entirely sure about what we were doing, but maybe Chris could give me his employee discount. Vienna Supermarket wasn’t exactly the cheapest store. It was actually more of a health nut food haven; Gavin loved going there for their fresh juice and salads.

"What is up with this kid?" I laughed, shaking my head and turning on the radio.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off,
I'm sosososo sorry for the late chapter update.
I've been sick for practically a week, (I'm still a little sick),
and I have exams, which makes me even more busy.

Second,
thank you for the comments & subscriptions.
Those still make me really happy.
<3

Third,
I hope you're having a better week than me!
Being sick and doing nothing sucks so badly.