Status: Completed

Bloody Love

The Stir

It became apparent that I was in the clear. There was no sight of the blues around. Sean Low’s was beginning to become one of those unsolved mysteries. At his funeral, his mom was crying like a baby, puling one of those dramatic stunts, throwing herself on his coffin. It was just wrong. I was there only because you needed me there. I felt nothing as the priest blurted out verses from the bible and talked about his life before death. Life for me was moving on.

You started to hang out with me more, since there was no one else taking up your time. We watched movies at my house. I slept over your house. We went shopping. We went out to eat. Your smile always made my heart melt. Your laugh rebounded in my ears and brightened my day.

We were getting closer and closer by the day. It was amazing. But, I made a mistake. I explained my feelings to you for the nth time, only with a little more detail. You shied away from me after that, said you felt weird. I couldn’t help but feel somewhat pained. But, I knew you just couldn’t accept me so fast after everything that happened, what I was sure you were going through.

I just wished you would have gotten over that idiot. I’d catch you looking at old pictures of you and him and I’d just want to rip them to pieces. The more time we spent apart, the more pent up I would feel. But, I refrained from making you uncomfortable to keep you happy. I wanted you to learn to love me like I loved you. And, after a little while, you started to warm back up. You didn’t mention the talk we had again. I didn’t bring it up, leaving it in the cold shadows with all the other similar conversations we’ve had. It was back to the friend level. I thought if I tried to keep you happy with this, you would eventually fall for me.