Status: Completed

Bloody Love

The Insane

“What happened then?” You ask me.

“I was surrounded by flames. I couldn’t breath. I couldn’t get to you,” I explain. “Flames cut off every exit.”

“You were the only one that got out, weren’t you?”

“No,” I say, as I shake my head. “They said you died. But here you are.” My voice sounded a bit muffled as I chuckl. “I’m not too pleased that that Owen guy got out though, I’ll admit.”

You sigh and say, “Maybe tomorrow you’ll have more detail on what you did.”

I grin and retort, “I tell you how I remember, Cameron. I didn’t do anything. But, I enjoy your company everyday. They never let me see anyone anymore.” You give me a small smile and get up. “Later, Cam.”

You leave the room. I tap on the table top to the beat of the buzz in my head. I had made up a couple songs to go with it so it wasn’t as bad as before. I began to laugh.

The doctor stares at the disoriented girl behind the two way mirror. The girl wore her demented clown mask, hiding her burned face. The dull room made the girl stand out more. The doctor writes down some things, observations, and pulls out her recorder.

“Subject 37B4X8, Samantha Harding. Remains delusional about her past actions. Shows signs of Paranoia-Schizophrenia. There are indications she had been biting the skin on the tips of her finger off again. Hallucinations still occurring. Disbelieves the death of Cameron Seigal,” she sighed and clicked off the recorder. The doctor observes the girl behind the glass, as she drew circles on the table and giggle, for a while longer. The doctor shakes her head sadly.


Wild Fire Kills Family: Young Girl Is Suspect

“She just didn’t look human, standing in the fire. I couldn’t tell if the girl was laughing or crying.”

19 year old Samantha Harding is accused of arson, resulting in the death of the Seigal family and the hospitalization of 20 year old Owen Rinehold, one of the victim’s borfriend.

Harding has been linked to the murder of 23 year old Sean Low, by the police, which many remember as a horrible tragedy.


Claims made by Samantha Harding of hearing a constant buzz in her head: Real or Fake?

“She just turned into some kind of a monster…”

People are shocked at the way I turned out. I don’t see how I turned out. I don’t see anything wrong with me. Nothing has changed at all. I still love you and one day, you’ll love me back. I just need to get a handle on the time in between that. People always ask me why I did it, what really happened, or if I think I am crazy. Well, you can’t think you’re crazy. You either are or you aren’t. I am not. I just wish people would realize that and let me get back to my life so I can continue swooning you.

The nurse walks into the room to find the lost girl staring at old newspaper clippings and photos. Samantha Harding wasn’t Samantha Harding anymore. Her face had been scribbled over, crossed out, or drew on in the pictures. The nurse folds her hands in front of her.

“Samantha?” The nurse gets the girls attention.

The girl spins around and throws up her arms, shouting, “Cam! It must be make over time!”

The nurse nods as the girl removes her mask. She sets the extra face on her bed and walks over to the small mirror and desk in the corner of the room, sliding over a chair. She sit down and runs a hand over her cheeks.

“I think you should try putting cover up on me this time. My eyes look all sunken in,” she suggests, unaware that the right side of her face and neck was burned.

The nurse smiles and says, “Sure, Samantha.”

The girl grinned and held up a brush, saying, “Remember the time I got your hair knotted in the brush and I was trying to fix it without you knowing?”

The nurse registers the question and carefully chooses her words. She finally says, “Let’s not think too much in the past, shall we?”


I like whenever you made unsuspecting visits and surprised me like this. I always feel like we've gotten a bit closer. But, I begin to worry when I see the one orderly guy talk to you like you're old friends. The buzzing never leaves my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this short story. I know it's a little confusing all around. I wanted to make it as much as a mystery as far as I could without spoiling the obvious ending.

I hope we meet again for another good one to read.
<3 Tezzy