Status: Give me feedback if you think I should continue with this

Quarantine

Chapter 4

After an hour of deliberation, we finally had something. We’re planned on getting some supplies, besides the junk food we already had. So basically we were going to get supplies, flee through the forest, get to the Southern tip of California and sail into Mexico. It wasn’t a super great plan, but I just wanted to get the hell out of this new world we had been thrusted into only hours ago.
We drove silently through the night. After only an hour of driving, the kids all conked out, leaving me and Talia in a strange silence only shared between those who were both too desperate to say anything. After I spent another two hours speeding down the eerily empty highways, we finally got to the beginning of the forest we planned to flee through. I drove through a small town that sat on the edge of it and parked in the darkness of the covering bungalow of trees. The only light was that of a silent supermarket parking lot. I glanced at Talia and then at the horizon, where I could dimly see two silhouettes in the parking lot. You could hear a woman shrieking and running from the other silhouette that relentlessly chased her.
As I watched the woman run, reality of the world we were now in sunk in. Her shrieks became a constant background music and the silhouette of her and the zombie were like a movie, she’d run and he’d chase her. A silent tear fell down my cheek as I watched her in her hopeless plight. After we watched her and the zombie for about five minutes, we heard her final scream and watched as her body crumpled beneath the zombie that had finally tackled her to the ground. Once it began to eat her face off in a fountain of blood, I looked away, not wanting to see any more of this hell.
I looked at Talia, who pulled her eyes off the woman who was being devoured only a couple lots away from us.
“Talia”, I began looking at her pale, frightened face, “I’ll go get the supplies and stuff. I don’t want you or any of the kids out in this mess. If I’m not back in an hour, then leave.”
Talia looked at me blankly for a few moments before nodding solemnly. I brushed a stray piece of hair out of her face before speaking again, “I’ll be back in an hour, I promise.”
With that, I slid out of the car into our post-apocalyptic world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been forever since an up date, I had it all written out but then my computer crashed and deleted it all, that's also why this chapter is so incredibly awfully short. I love you guys. Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing. More comments = Faster updates
Shout outs to
TheBrokenMarionette
lustisbliss27