Painted Lyrics

Vanessa

As I watched the beautiful guys figure move over to a room that looked like a practice room, it seemed like all the air in my lungs had vanished. He was soon followed in by an old looking man, and I descided I'd better start getting my work done if I was going to make up for the 5 minutes late earlier.

I didn't realise how many Cd's one store could have, but it was quite fun in sorting them out. Pushing the box with my feet across the floor, I sorted out about halfway down an isle before I was starting to lose my concentration.

My eyes started wondering around the store. The old lady who had given me the cold shoulder was at the till, running up a customers purchases while I watched intently. Other customers were walking lightly around the store, and the quiet soothing music seemed to make the place so much nicer.

I heard a door open in the background as my mind wondered, but didn't take much notice of it. I stood in the middle of the store and just grew more and more amazed with store. It was such an amazing place!!
My thought were soon broken when I heard a gruff cough from behind me. My whole small frame jumping lightly as I turned around, a blush growing across my cheeks from being caught out not doing my work. I looked into the eyes of the older guy who had followed the beautiful guy into the practice room, and smiled small.

"My name is Christopher" he smiled, holding out a huge lightly wrinkled hand towards me. Smiling back I took it with mine, and shook it lightly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Vanessa. It's my first day here, this store is so beautiful..." I said quietly. My natural shy natural flowly through me rapidly.

Taking his hand away from mine, Christopher smiled a small smile and then took hold of the box of Cd's. "I've come to give you a hang, Ryley didn't want my help with his playing, so I thought I'd come and give you a warm welcome and help out with these Cd's. There's so many of them!"

He chuckled lightly, making me join in too, before we then set off to work to sort out the other half of this one isle.

-----

A couple of hours later, me and Christopher have finished that half an isle, and almost another 2. Although, he said that I could go when he'd spoken to the old lady about how much I'd done, because he felt like I'd done enough for my first day.

The beautiful guy walked out of the practice room and towards the front door. I felt a light blush rush across my cheeks and when I realised I'd been staring so much that Christopher had realised, he'd practically pulled me over towards him.

Ryley his name was...Ryley...

"Oh, there you are Ryley." Christopher called to him. I was standing by his side while we walked towards him. He didn't seem too happy to have been caught by Christopher. His eyes met mine and I looked down towards my purple converse, my fingers twiddling with each others out of nervous habit.

"What, Christopher?" he asked. I could hear his voice not sounding friendly or warm at all. I wondered if something had come between him and Christopher, or whether it was just me being the new girl he couldn't stand to see..

"This is Vanessa. She's the new worker since Vince got fired. Since you worked here for a few years, maybe you could help out Vanessa." Christopher suggested to him. I looked up to see him shrugging. He didn't seem pleased at all to have been caught off guard.

"If I have time." he said in return. He seemed to interested in the door then the thought of helping me. My heart seemed to drop and once again I stared at my converse. This job wasn't going to be fun if I couldn't make some sort of friends with the workers. I heard Christopher saying to Ryley to be nice, but it didn't help my mood from dropping a little more.

"Thanks." I whispered. Trying to be the pleasant one out of the two. I could barely meet his eyes, I felt like a huge burden right now and I couldn't deal with him even breifly seeing it...Why was I such a failer??...

The only reply I got from him was a stiff nod, before he turned away and walked towards the old lady.
I let out a long sigh and shrugged when Christopher tried to ask what the matter was. I took my small, converse covered feet and moved back over to the box of Cd's I still had to finish. But really, all I wanted to do was go home, sink into my covers and lose myself in the darkness my mind was pushing me into.

In the end, Christopher asked the old lady to let me go home. She agreed and walked over to me, saying sorry for not giving me a nice welcome and how I could call her Maria. Well it's an aprovement to old lady don't you think??! I smiled at her, told her it was no problem and then grabbed my stuff and left.

Walking home slowly, it felt nice to have a brisk breeze go across my exposed skin. My life seemed so dark right now. I don't even know why it mattered if Ryley didn't want to speak to me or help me...I mean, he was such a beautiful guy, I was no where near his league I'm sure of it.

On the way home, I stopped off at a Starbucks and ordered a coffee and waited for it. Then, after paying and thanking the till worker, I held my coffee and walked my way slowly home.
Humming a tune I must have heard from the store, I finally got to my front door, opened and closed it before letting out yet another big sigh, leaning against my door and sliding down it so I sat on the floor.

I just hope tomorrow will be a better day at the store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally done my chapter!! =)
Caity your up!! ^^
Please comment on what you think!! We will love to hear your views!!
<3