It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Eleven

I was awake early the next morning. I’d had an awful nights sleep, waking a few times in a cold sweat after vivid dreams about Elena and Ed been hurt somehow. Alex had woken with me a couple of times having to calm me back down before i tried to settle to sleep again. As i checked my watch i noted that it was 6 am and that i wasn’t going to get to sleep again. I got up and dressed before heading to Gary’s room, i knew he would of waited up for Ed and Elena to get back.

As i gently wrapped on Gary’s door it swung open quickly his face showing that of lack of sleep, with large bags under his eyes. Had the two not returned and Gary was expecting them to turn up anytime?

‘They didn’t come back did they?’

‘No, i was hoping that was them, I’ve not slept due to worry.’

‘Same i had some horrid dreams about it. Do you think they could be down in the lobby ?’

‘It’s worth checking, come on.’

Me and Gary left the room and headed down into the lobby showing pictures of Ed and Elena to the receptionist who had not seen anyone matching those walk into the hotel. Gary tried to stifle a yawn as we looked around the place, this wasn’t like Elena nor Ed it seemed.

Me and Gary then headed into the various different rooms of the hotel looking around to see if we could see them slumped somewhere drunken or asleep. We met back up in the lobby with no luck and headed into the car park and front of the hotel to see if we could spot them anywhere around there.

The worry on Gary’s face was really bad now and i could see it was stressing him out. As we stopped just standing in the cool morning breeze i hugged him to show some form of support.

‘They will show up, I’m sure. Maybe they just need to be reminded by a phone call?’

Gary nodded as we both headed back into the hotel and back to the rooms we had. The others were now awake and as they saw us return their faces all dropped, our expressions showing that of worry and lack of sleep. Alex came and hugged me, both of us worried for the welfare of our best friends and what had happened to them hoping they were alright.

Gary was talking in private to Teddy, the only band member that could handle this situation as best as possible, without panicking too much and was probably discussing some sort of action plan. Once their conversation ended the group of us put everything into the tour bus including Ed and Elena’s items before going to get tea and coffee and discuss what we would do to find out where they were.

****************************
Ed’s POV

After the meal we had i walked back stopping to kiss Elena on the lips. Alex and Amy were only a few steps ahead of us each time we stopped. I had gotten a bit paranoid at one point though with the feeling of been followed. I had glanced back after one of the kisses to see no-one at all in the street behind us.

As we continued to walk i saw Amy turn around and glance over her shoulder a few times obviously feeling the paranoia to. It was odd for two of us to be checking behind but soon we both gave up the checking knowing it was just our own senses, which had been proved with our checking.

I was happy walking with Elena under one of my arms her sweet fragrance hitting my nose every so often as she looked up to smile at me. Her eyes glistening slightly in the street lights. This had to be one of the best tours ever, i had a beautiful girlfriend that also done amazing photography and video for the band what could be better. Plus the fact both our best mates made another of the cutest couples ever and perfectly matched for each other.

As me and Elena stopped for the millionth time down the street a bit more distanced from amy and Alex now, who were having to keep up with Dan’s strides, i felt a sharp blow to my head. My body went numb as my eyes grew darker seeing Elena drop in front of me and wanting to shout out but not been able to as my eyes blacked out completely.

My mind was still working for a short amount of time but my body wasn’t, i could tell there was movement i was been taken somewhere, there was another body nearby, Elena’s no doubt, as we were moved somewhere. Had the others noticed we had gone or did they think we’d snuck around a corner.

*****************************************
A few hours later, Ed’s POV still.

My mind was working before my body. As the feeling came back into the limbs in my body i could feel something binding me down across my legs and chest and my arms were tied behind my back. I couldn’t tell what with though.

As i slowly opened my eyes i blinked a few times my eyes adjusted to the dark room i was in, it stunk of damp and mould and as i looked around i could see pipes with water dripping off them. The water echoed as it hit the concrete floor that was cold beneath my bare arm. There was a small stream of light coming into the room from a crack in what i could only guess was a doorway.

The light from the doorway highlighted another body lay on the floor opposite me. As i strained my eyes to focus i realised it was Elena. She started to stir as i watched her as she fidgeted against the thick ropes and wires that had her tied down, i guessed it was what binded me to. Her eyes looked over at me and she took in what sorry sight i must of been.

‘Ed... That you.’

Her voice was a croaky whisper making it obvious she had been out of it for a while. I wondered what time it actually was.

‘Y..yeah, What happened to us?’

‘I. Don’t know, i remember something hitting my head, then this. I’m scared Ed, real scared. What if the others don’t know we’ve disappeared.’

‘Elly, don’t panic, Alex and Amy will now we are in trouble, they will look until they find us. We have to be strong to try and help them.’

She nodded slightly before the shuffling of feet could be heard upstairs and a shadow blocked the light of the door. The two of us instantly closed our eyes and lay very still. We didn’t know who had taken us and what they wanted with us, so this was the best plan we had for now.

The feet descended the concrete stairs and i heard them stand near Elena. They then stood near my face a foot shoving me in the gut. I let my body lie relaxed as if still unconscious and it jerked back and rolled myself forward again in a similar position like it should of. A slight mumble was heard before i heard the light footsteps ascend the stairs again and the door open with a creak and then close again before opening my eyes.

‘Did you see who it was?’

I knew us keeping voices as a low whisper was essential now.

‘No, did you?’

‘No, but we will find out soon I’m sure. Just be strong I’m here for you don’t worry too much.’

Elena let out a slight sigh before her body lay still obviously exhausted and she fell into a light sleep. I lay there hoping that this wouldn’t be a bad ordeal at all. I didn’t know why we were here and just wanted to be back with the guys already. I missed Alex’s annoying behaviour already. I wasn’t going to admit it to Elena but i was absolutely shitting myself right now as the dull ache in my gut slowly subsided.