It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fourteen

Ed’s POV

My ribs were still throbbing what must of been a couple of hours later, i was at a loss having to guess what time space was going past with no use of my hands to check a watch. Elena was still lay unconscious against the wall and i hoped that she was safe in that state. My nose had stopped bleeding but i could feel the dry blood on my face, unable to clean myself up at the moment. I rolled slightly so i was lay on my back causing myself more pain as i did, my ribs throbbing along with my stomach.

I had to try and move to check on Elena but i didn’t want to make it obvious incase Lucy returned and went for Elena again. I breathed in as i pulled myself across the floor trying not to move my ribs to much as they ached and pounded under my skin. I got to her body placing two fingers to her neck, she still had a strong pulse and was still breathing as i placed my hand by her face to feel cool breath gently run along my fingertips. I started too hear movement and so hastily moved back to my original place lying still.

The door swung open allowing a bright light to shine down the stairs as Lucy descended them again As the door shut itself Lucy put the cellar light on which lit the room dimly, the light reflecting off the water that was on the floor from old leaking pipes that i could now see.

‘I’m glad to see she’s still out of it, more time to get my payback on just your sorry ass.’

A half cackle echoed off the cellar walls as Lucy glared down at me. If i was honest she had now put the fear of god into me as my body shuddered from the piercing laugh. Lucy knelt down beside my face, her one hand running along where my broken ribs were, pressing hard against them as i winced at the pain.

‘Glad to see your already in pain.’

Lucy wandered away from me and to the other side of the cellar, heading straight for a large shelf that i hadn’t been able to see before now. As she returned i could see she had something in her hand. She produced a lighter from her back pocket and lit whatever was in her hand.

It was like a large candle and set an orange glow throughout the room before walking toward me with it. As she knelt back beside me she placed the burning torch over my face. I could see the wax inside it liquidising under the heat of the wick. The glow made Lucy look more evil, as if that was possible and i now feared for what she planned to do with this torch.

As she moved the torch standing it up with one hand she undone the check shirt i was currently wearing, stained in mud and blood. As the material lay on either side of my torso revealing the dark bruising on my stomach and chest, Lucy placed the torch at a right angle over me. Within mere seconds boiling hot wax was dripping onto my chest and i could do nothing to stop it. I let out low hisses as my skin burnt under the wax as it solidified again. Lucy continued this as i was unable to stop her, laughing as i hissed and tried to wriggle.

As the torch started to slowly burn out she placed the end that was light straight against my skin which immediately doused the flame. My skin tingling as the flame went out on it, burning it at the same time. My shirt was pulled back and fastened over the now raw skin on my stomach as Lucy laughed walking back to the shelf after re-fastening my shirt.

‘I have visitors coming soon and can’t have you heard whilst they are here this won’t hurt at all though.’

Before i could let out any noise at all or roll away a loop of rope was placed tightly around my neck. Lucy kicked me over onto my front, placing one foot on the back of my shin to stop me rolling back. I closed my eyes expecting the worst now. As the rope slowly grew tighter i welcomed the strained breaths until a sharp pain shot down my back. Another sharp pain soon followed before more.

My back was stinging as i felt it get torn to shreds by something, i couldn’t see what though. I could feel liquid running down my sides and knew it was a high chance my own blood was escaping my body. One last slash struck my back really sharp and all the way down drawing deep into it as i scrunched up my face against the concrete trying to absorb the pain.

I felt the rope jerk suddenly tight at that point as my lungs struggled to get any oxygen. I could feel the darkness start to surround me. I lost strength and feeling slowly in my body as i felt the calmness of nothingness take over me. The last thing to pass through my ears was the words ‘goodnight Eddie’ before i was completely motionless.

********************

I woke up in what must of been the next day. I rolled onto my back opening my eyes allowing them to adjust to the dim room. My back stung as i lay on it remembering what was done to me before i lost my conscious mind. I looked over to Elena to see her awake and watching me. Her eyes were filled with tears as i looked at her nodding. I was glad she was awake and ok but at the same time this meant Lucy would more than likely torture her more.

Elena’s eyes ran over my body mainly focusing on my back which from where she lay she could see perfectly well.

‘My backs bad isn’t it?’

All Elena could do was nod in response as tears started to well in hers eyes. I shuffled over to her just bearing with the pain that was running free in my body with each slight movement i made. I got to her, resting my forehead against hers our eyes stuck on each other.

‘I will be fine, it’s you that needs protecting, you were never to be involved in this.’

Elena nodded placing her head into my shoulder as i rested my head upon hers, she was in shock unsure how to react, not to mention i could guess her head was probably pounding. We sat there for a while, glad just to have her awake again, to have her body next to mine, i had a strange feeling our peace would be short lived though.

I was correct about that all of what was roughly twenty minutes had passed before the door swung open and my psychotic ex showed her face again. She came down the stairs her eyes giving an evil glint in the dim light as she stopped in front of us.

She grabbed me by my hair pulling me away from Elena where i stayed for the sake of Elena’s health and well being. Lucy instantly pulled out a silver blade and held it out in her hand towards Elena. I looked at Elena to see her flinch back almost trying to float through the wall as Lucy stepped toward her.

I went to move but as i did Lucy smiled stepping closer quicker and so i backed up.

‘You catch on quick Minton, glad to see you have a brain at times.’

I breathed as Lucy knelt down to Elena’s height before placing the blade against the bottom of her neck, all i could do was watch on in horror. Elena was trying to stay still now as tears started to flow freely down her face. She looked over at me and i couldn’t help but let tears well up in my own eyes.

‘I love you Ed.’

It was barely a whisper as Elena silenced again not knowing what was about to happen to her, drawing her eyes closed as if to welcome her own torture. Lucy drew the blade down to the top of Elena’s v neck t-shirt a line of red glinting where the knife had run. I went to move again but Lucy put the knife straight to Elena’s throat. I gulped loudly, had i just gotten the love of my life killed by a psycho, i didn’t know.

Lucy instead traced another line down Elena’s arm not to deep but deep enough for blood to run out down her wrist. Elena could do nothing with her wrists still bound, the rope making the wound worse as it cut into her arm deeper.

Lucy then approached me, the blade dripping with blood as she neared me. I backed up as best as i could with no luck. Lucy was already knelt onto my legs. My ripped shirt was pulled back to reveal my chest, Elena sobbing as she saw the bruising and cuts and burns that had by now appeared on my skin. The blade was dragged deep into my skin, blood flowing out of the line down my chest freely. I winced at the sharp pain of the blade before i was pulled back from the wall.

I felt the blade trace down my right hand wrist three different times before tracing down the left the same. I heard Elena let out a rasped breath witnessing whatever i could only feel. As i felt my wrists cover in warm liquid my vision started to become clouded again. Lucy’s voice bought me from the darkness briefly.

‘Tough one this one, already fainted at the blood, her wounds will stop her from recovering consciousness though. Have fun visiting death Ed, you deserve it.’

With that the blackness started to take over my eyes as my face hit the concrete from a brutal kick to my back. I felt more kicks to my body, i knew i would be black and blue with the force i could feel thumping against my skin as my mind lay there my eyes unable to open again. The final thing i felt and heard was the sharp pain going with a clunk rebound off my head before i was gone. I was finally overwhelmed with the emptiness of the unconscious, more than likely left to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some of the idea's with compliments to Lottie my awesome best friend =]