It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifteen

Alex’s POV

For ten minutes we sat down deciding on the plan of action for what direction people would go in. I informed everyone about the blood and drag marks me and Amy had found before i decided that me and Amy would team off down that alley and that the other three would go together and cover the other side of that block. Gary would meanwhile sit and wait on the bus incase they returned there and would keep trying their mobile phones.

Once all was arranged i got up taking Amy’s hand in mine giving it a light squeeze before we all set off. The other three bid us goodbye and said they would phone once they had checked the perimeter, if they hadn’t found them. I nodded before me and Amy set of to the other side of the block.

As we walked down the breeze started to pick up a bit and i pulled Amy closer into my side as she shivered slightly. We literally sped to the alleyway where we had found what we were looking for, whereby i pulled out a small flashlight to help us look for some sort of clue.

The alleyway was pitch black now and as i shone my torch down, as we walked, i could see nothing of relevance. We both walked the whole length of the alley briefly looking for something relevant at first. I knew we would cover every little piece of dirt down here as we trod up and down it all night but at first it was a general glance over. As we reached the end of the alley we turned around this time looking closer for more signs of some sort of struggle or blood or something.

We had walked down the alley at least five times within the space of two hours, really going over everything but had found no more blood or marks. Me and Amy then checked the place where I had seen the blood again before walking over to the other side of the street where another alley was and checked that.

There was still no sign of anything down there to signal something been dragged in that direction either or blood on the floor. As the hours slowly passed us by and it reached one in the morning Amy was exhausted. She was frozen cold, worried and stressed out. Who wouldn’t be when two people you knew had disappeared off the face of the earth behind you.

We were still stood in the second alley we had checked which had cobbled path down it unlike the other which was a dirt track. Amy slumped to the floor as tears started to poor freely down her cheeks.

‘Alex, I’m scared for them, they wouldn’t do this.......what if they are.... You know.’

‘Amy don’t think like that. They are still alive i know it, we will find them don’t panic. I’m not leaving until we do.’

She looked up into my face as the tears became silent and she calmed her breathing. The whole alleyway was deadly silent as i hugged her to my body trying to keep her warm and comfort her to. As we sat there taking a sort of break as a call of help just reached my ears. It appeared Amy had heard it to because she turned around looking at the window she didn’t realise she had sat in front of.

‘Did it come from behind me?’

‘It sounded like it, and it sounded like someone needs our help, the voice sounded familiar to even though it was quiet. Let’s call the others and we will all go in?’

Amy nodded as i hastily phoned Dan and company who came darting down the alley we had been in previously meeting us before heading into the estate this building belonged to.

*******************************************
Elena’s POV

As my body regained it’s feelings i slowly opened my eyes. My head was throbbing me and my wrists stung so bad as the realisation dawned on me again at what had happened. As my eyes opened fully i could just see feet dangling and someone’s legs on the floor. This caused me to suddenly sit up not caring how much my head ached.

As my eyes focused completely i could see Ed hanging down from some of the wooden beams that held the flooring for the house up. His eyes were shut as blood dripped from his ribs and bare torso slowly, he was bruised all over. Lucy was stood with her back to me as i watched.

She lifted her hand up revealing a hammer held tight in it as she took a sharp swing at Ed’s motionless body. As she hit the bone of his ribs and i heard a dull crack echo though the air as his body swung backwards from the force she had implied. My Ed, he couldn’t get hurt like this there had to be something i could do to help him out, save him somehow. That was when i heard it.

I listened quietly as Lucy’s laugh died away. There was a light sound of two voices nearby, i moved my head slightly to reveal where windows had been boarded up but had left a slight gap around the edge allowing sound to flow through slightly. There was a deeper voice and one of a slightly higher pitch, male and female i guessed. If i called out they should be able to get in and help out. I knew i would suffer as a consequence but maybe it was the best option I had to get me and Ed out of here, scrap that it was the only option I had left.

The sound was that of someone crying at the moment and as i waited for the sobs to die down a little as the deeper of the voices spoke lightly Lucy continued to take sharp swings at Ed’s body. I couldn’t watch as i heard more bones crunch as dark bruises appeared all over his torso. This was it i had to take my chance before these people moved.

‘HELPPPP!!!!!!’

The sudden outcry made Lucy jump as she turned to glare at me, the voices had silenced before i heard someone speak again, i just hoped it had been loud enough. Lucy started to pace towards me her eyes mere slits after that outcry. She raised the hammer and swung it. I was out the same time it collided with my head the only feeling was the quick sharp pain of the collision of metal to my skull.

**************************************

Amy’s POV

After hearing the faint help from behind me, me and Alex moved quicker than ever. Someone was in trouble and i was in need of helping them, hoping someone would do that for my best friend. As Dan and that joined up with us we walked into the estate down the street that the windows had belonged to. Because they were so low and filled over with boards i could only guess it was some form of cellar with the house in question.

It had only been a couple of lots in and so we headed to the third house in the estate. It was stupid of us to knock the door and so i snuck along the back passageway between the house and its neighbours. As i stood onto a bin to check the garden i gave Alex the thumbs up that no-one was in the back of the house. I heard someone else’s footsteps approach the back gate as i jumped the wall and opened the gate to let Dan in.

As we headed into the garden in James bond style we noticed that the back of the house had no view inside. The curtains were drawn all around. I pressed my face against the back door but could hear no sounds coming from inside the house. The back garden was overgrown completely as Dan tried the backdoor. It opened easily enough and he snuck into the house.

I followed him in ready to text Alex if we ran into any form of trouble. As Dan walked further into the house there were no lights on at all. He checked upstairs silently with no sign of anyone as i checked the living room, still with no sign of anyone. It was then that i saw the slight glow of light coming from the door in the kitchen, the one that led down to the basement.

I text Alex as Dan joined me noticing what i noticed. It was when we got out to meet Alex that his expression panicked me. He had read the street sign that he had seen and realised where we were.

‘Cardiff, Leechton Road...... Ed’s Ex’s house..... Why the hell didn’t i realise sooner.’

‘You mean, the psycho one i met once? What if she took them, revenge?’

‘yes Ali the one you met once, the one who hates our guts cause we made Ed see sense after she hurt him. The voice sounded familiar what if it is them?’

Alex spoke in a quick voice with the panic creeping into his tone as the realisation really dawned on his mind. With that we didn’t care what noise was made as we knew whose house we were heading into. I grabbed an old baseball bat i could see leaning in the hall as we all stood around the door. Alex was the one to open it as i stood behind him armed.

I stood frozen still as we looked down, there was Ed hanging as his ex Lucy swung at his motionless body, not noticing us at first as the lights upstairs were off. I held the tears back as me and Alex both charged down the stairs, Dan following right behind us. The sound of our footsteps drew Lucy’s attention to us as she went to swing the hammer at Alex, who had dodged out the way. I swung at her gut knocking her to the floor with the bat before Dan and Teddy, who had known joined us, pinned her to the ground flinging the hammer across the floor away from her. Ali was already talking to Gary who we were told was on his way with an ambulance and police.

Teddy and Dan fought Lucy as i threw the bat across the floor spotting Elena and running over to her. I knelt down beside her pulling her into a lying down position gently as Ali put more lights on in the kitchen to help light the basement, before helping Alex get Ed down. As i was knelt down beside Elena who was out cold, her face bruised, the tears ran silently down my cheeks. I rushed to undo her wrists and legs before tearing off the bottom part of her already torn shirt using it to stop the blood flow so bad in her arms. I moved her hair off her face as she lay there, she had a pulse but wasn’t breathing to well.

Meanwhile i turned to see how Alex and Ali were coping with Ed. As i looked down at Ed i saw all the bruising to the front of his chest, Alex had taken off his own jacket lacing it over Ed’s torso to keep him warm as Ali threw his jacket at me for Elena, since i wasn’t wearing a jacket. As Alex placed a hand to Ed’s cheek i heard the sobs escape his throat. Ali and I swapped, him looking after Elena, whose breathing was now there slightly stronger. I knelt next to Ed placing an arm around Alex as he turned to me sobbing into my shoulder as more tears flowed down my cheeks. How could someone want to do this to such lovely people, one person who Lucy didn’t even know. With that i stood up the rage pulsing through my veins.

‘You vile sadistic Bitch, how could you do this to our friends, you psychotic cow.’

I was now stood right in front of Lucy as i punched her across the face. She looked up at me her eyes glaring up as me as blood now dripped from her nose. Teddy and Dan held her still whilst also shocked that i could something like that.

‘You deserve a hell of a lot worse, but i won’t stoop as low as scum like you.’

With that Alex had placed an arm on my shoulder instantly demolishing the anger from my body again, I slumped into his chest as we stood next to Ed’s motionless battered body glancing from him to Elena, tears streaming none stop from our eyes, even Ali was crying as we waited for help to arrive.
♠ ♠ ♠
With thanks to my awesome best friend for helping me with some of the evilly wrote pieces in this chapter. Please no-one kill me for what i did to Ed and Elena!!!