It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixteen

Amy’s POV

As Gary arrived to the scene his breath caught in his throat. I could see tears well up in even his eyes as he took in Ed and Elena’s unmoving bodies sprawled on the floor as paramedics knelt beside them both taking in the state of each of them. As they were taken up stairs each by stretcher i couldn’t move. My legs were like lead as i hung to Alex’s chest, tears still flowing from my eyes. Ali was now stood nearer to us, the Hetherton brothers also stood near. We were all in silence as Gary motioned us up the stairs, police wanted us to make quick statements for now.

Once I finally managed to get my legs to move again i dragged myself up the stairs back into the house. Looking out the window i saw Lucy get shoved into the back of a police car before it sped off out of the estate. At least she was out of sight again as the ambulances both headed to the hospital with lights and sirens going.

Statements were made quickly as the police could see the upset on our faces. The want for us to get to the hospital and know what state our friends were in. As we finally left the building we got into two taxi’s heading straight to the hospital.

Alex hadn’t removed his arm from around me for longer than a minute since he had walked into that basement and i was glad. If it wasn’t for him comforting me slightly i would of broke down completely by now. Never had my best friend been the victim in such a violent attack, i had never had to deal with this happening to someone i cared about so much.

In the back of our taxi Dan was sat beside me, his arm also around me in support. His own eyes red from where he had rubbed them removing the tears he had cried, to allow his vision to clear, whereas mine was still blurred as fresh tears fell down my cheeks.

Both Alex’s and Dan’s shirts were soaked as we reached the hospital slowly walking into A&E to be directed to a waiting room. As we took seats in the plain white room the images of Elena and Ed’s battered bodies drew into my mind again. I had to take my mind off it and so decided that getting a cup of tea and some air might help.

I got up from my seat, Alex confused but following behind me just to make sure, Dan soon joining me as well. I grabbed a cup of tea from a machine in the corridor before heading out and onto some benches sitting down. As i sipped on the warm drink Alex took my hand in his whilst Dan knelt down in front of my face. He placed a hand onto my knee and i could feel Alex try to control his protective instinct knowing it wasn’t needed now.

I took in a couple of shaky breaths trying to control my emotions as i looked into Dan’s eyes. I could see the love he felt in them, i loved him to but not the same way, i loved him as a best friend.

After ten minutes i had finished my drink and hadn’t spoken a word, Alex wanted this to change, he wanted to know i was ok.

‘Amy, we are all here for you. Don’t let this build up if you want to talk we will. I know this is going to be hard but both will pull through, they are both strong and they know we love them both so much.’

‘yeah’

My voice was shaky and a whisper. That was all i could muster before we stood up both of them walking either side of me as we headed back to teddy, Ali and Gary. As we walked into the room a doctor followed us in and i hoped it was good news. I prayed to hear something positive out of all of this.

‘Friends of Edward Minton and Elena Night?’

‘Yes, what’s the news?’

It was gary who spoke.

‘Edward shall make a full recover in time, he has suffered 6 broken ribs, a fractured jaw and nose, substantial knife wounds to the back bruising to his abdomen of a dangerous level but he is at the moment stable. He is still unconscious due to a strong course of medication to help with the recovery process. Elena is in a slightly worse state, the blow to her head could of caused some damage to which extent we shall not know until she wakes up, if she regains consciousness. The head wound is our main priority for her at the moment along with the wounds to her wrists that are quite deep.’

A sob echoed from my throat as i took in the words. Gary placed his hand on my shoulder knowing this was something that wasn’t needed. I felt the doctors sorrowful eyes on my face as i lay my head into Alex’s chest again as he placed a hand on my hair. More tears silently ran down my cheeks.

‘They are both in the same room for easier visiting, you are able to go and visit them, if you would like to follow me?’

I nodded and took the first steps behind the doctor, i had to see Elena see what state she was in. Stuck in the one place she hated, a hospital bed.

As i stepped into the room followed by everyone else i headed straight for the bed Elena’s body lay in. Tubes and wires were everywhere as she looked angelic in the bright lighting of the room. I took her hand in mine as i stood there before kissing her forehead gently. I wish she could talk to me already i missed her voice, the sarcastic comments she would make, normally aimed at alex and Ali with their stupidity.

I then thought about how if she had seen Ed lay in the hospital bed she would be in a worse state than me, that she would feel terrible that the one person she was truly in love with was lay there. I knew that secretly she was glad she had helped save Ed’s own life, risking her own too much for anyone’s liking but i knew how she thought. I half smiled knowing exactly what she would be thinking or saying if she was awake and talking right now, agreeing with every word i thought.

I let go of her hand walking over to Alex who was stood beside Ed. His hand holding onto Ed’s looking down upon the calm and peaceful face. I put my arm around his waist as his head leant into mine.

‘He will be OK Alex, he will be back to his chirpy Japanese self in no time. We will just have to postpone the tour until they are able to travel again, even if not work.’

‘I shall go and sort all that out now, explain to the guys back at the hotel to. Please phone if anything at all changes in the slightest.’

I turned to Gary who had just spoken, i nodded hugging him before he quietly stepped out the door leaving me and the rest of the band to take in our two friends in this state.