It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Nineteen

The French and Belgium shows flew past pretty quickly and i was shocked to think we were already past our first week of been overseas. My parents had called once checking i had crossed the sea safely, i swore they forgot how old i was sometimes. I had been shopping in Paris and bought my sisters and younger brother a couple of gifts to post to them when we got back to the UK since i hadn’t seen them in so long.

We were currently all cooped up on the bus as we headed to Germany for the next show. I was hoping for it to be a good turn out never knowing what the German reaction would be like. As i was sat on my laptop Alex headed off for a nap and i left him to be. He was in a bit of a funny mood since Ali had swung a book off his head this morning. That Ali had received punishment for off Gary though.

I was sat typing away to and old friend from my school years. They had managed to find me on Facebook along with a couple of old teachers and so i was happily finding out what they had been up to. They were shocked to hear i was currently on tour in Germany. My old friend’s sister was quite heavily into Elliot Minor though and had seen a webisodes already with me appearing in it, informing my old friend.

As i continued to talk away i felt an arm wrap itself around my shoulders. I guessed it would be Alex’s and so instantly lent my head against their shoulder. As i breathed in expecting the smell of Alex i jumped to see Dan smiling at me. He rested his head onto mine and i relaxed again. Alex was getting to be a little too over protective about me and Dan been close in terms of best friends but i said nothing to him.

I enjoyed having Dan there sometimes, he was a huge help when Elena was too busy either recovering or had vanished elsewhere on the bus with Ed. Once those two vanished together you didn’t try to find them never knowing what was disturbed, although it only ever seemed to be kissing at the moment.

I felt Dan’s arm wrap tighter around my waist as i closed Facebook off and instead sat watching a CSI DVD on my laptop. I looked up to him staring back into my eyes, from the way he looked at me i could tell he wished he was Alex sometimes. To be like this with me permanently and me be the same way back. It hurt me to think like this, it was so bad on him with this going on. I sat there for quite a while enjoying been in Dan’s company as we both watched CSI, that was until Alex emerged from his bed, in a better mood. Well that was until he saw Dan.

‘Dan, a word, in private, Now.’

I could hear the snarl grow as Alex finished his sentence. I wasn’t going to let this go on and wreck friendships though and for once i put my foot down with the pair of them.

‘No Dan stay. Whatever you have to say i can hear Alex, this isn’t fair on me, Dan or yourself and you know it.’

I saw Alex’s face change from anger to thought as he slowly sat down whilst Dan sat up releasing me from under his arm.

‘Alex i know you care about me, Dan does to but Dan knows how i feel about him and you. He understands and he’s your friend, he wouldn’t hurt you that way.’

Dan sat nodding in agreement with me before himself speaking up.

‘She’s right Lex, i wouldn’t hurt her or you, she’s my best friend and i understand but having someone i can relax around in close proximities without been called gay is nice. Having a girl there to can help with things.’

I swore i could hear Alex’s mind whirring as it worked out what was been said before he nodded agreeing with everything and that he was been too overpowering. As the two settled back now, both having an arm around me, i continued typing as two hands joined in my lap. I looked down to see it was Alex and Dan’s hands.

‘And you said about been called gay Daniel?’

The two of them laughed as i pressed play continuing to watch the laptop screen before Gary called that we were nearly at the venue. We pulled into the venue and set up the equipment before the show commenced that night, the crowd were absolutely crazy. The atmosphere was unreal and was lovely to be in. Elena had by now got a ton of pictures and was enjoying the atmosphere herself.

Once the gig ended we loaded up the trailer again before setting off to where we were parking the bus overnight, having not managed to get a hotel since it was Oktoberfest. As we got onto the motorway the bus started smoking badly and Gary pulled onto the side of the road, instantly on his mobile. He ordered for a second bus to pick us up and once informing us that we would have to hang around a little while called a recovery service. The guy was a man of many numbers when we weren’t in the UK, but i suppose he had to be.

After an hour or so our temporary bus picked us up a second driver taking us to where we were originally heading and leaving us with the bus, whilst Gary went to the garage with our regular bus to get it repaired. Once we had arrived at the coach stop the crew all clamboured onboard from their other vehicles and we settled to having a bus party.

As 3 am dawned on us we were pretty much all in very reckless states, i was sprawled out across the floor with Dan’s feet pinning me down whilst Ali sat on top of my legs and hips happily. Other members of the crew were dotted about by us and others stood in the kitchen happily before some started to retire to their van for a nights rest. Dan and a couple of crew members and Ali’s hunger soon started to grow though, as i heard stomach’s growl and gurgle around me. Ed and Elena having disappeared upstairs probably sharing passionate kisses again.

***************************************************
Alex’s POV

I really fancied a kebab to go with all the beer i had drunk. Amy was by now heading for the loo and i knew she wouldn’t say anything if i had vanished probably thinking i had gone to bed or something.

‘Ali you fancy kebab or something, Steve what about you?’

‘Yeah, you offering to go fetch Lex?’

Ali was the first to respond to me.

‘Yeah if i can borrow Steve’s car?.’

I looked at Steve to see him handing me the car keys he had for the vehicle he was using. I headed off the bus in a straight a line as possible climbing into the drivers side of the car and starting the engine. I hadn’t had much to drink so i would be alright, infact i felt pretty sober, whether i was been a different matter.

As i headed down the road i kept an eye out for any German chip shops for getting a kebab from. I hadn’t realised that whilst looking along the street i had swerved the car into the next lane until i was blinded by headlights and then thrown into my seatbelt as i was sprayed with some glass and loud bang echoing form the front of the car.

Some very pissed off bloke got out the other car as i undone the seatbelt rubbing my now sore shoulder. I stepped out the car and went to head over to the driver to apologise and explain i wasn’t from around here, when i was slammed with force face first into the bonnet of the car i had been driving. Someone was yelling in German as they pulled my hands around to my back with force, i felt metal hit my wrists as it clinked together and knew i was buggered and also been arrested. I would have fun explaining this to Gary as i was chucked into the back of a car forcefully and drove off somewhere.

I let my head roll back in the backseat. I felt like such an idiot as the police car stopped. I was pulled out and into a grotty looking station and a cell. One place i thought i wouldn’t ever end up was a German police cell, and look where i was. I lay down on the rotting mattress regretting my want for kebab so much right now. I knew Gary would be called to fetch me once i was fully sober again, my head pounded as i lay down but my thoughts raced, going through every reaction Gary would have. I was rubbing my wrists as they tingled from the metal clamping down on them so much, letting my thoughts of Gary’s reactions prioritise everything.