It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Two

The brass knocker struck the door loudly echoing through the quiet surroundings to the house, which was usual for somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Something in which me and Elena both had to get accustomed to coming from a busy street and town nothing like this. Me and Elena both stood behind Keith waiting for the door to be answered for a few minutes, with Keith still wearing a smile like a Cheshire cat.

I was looking around the drive of which currently housed three cars and looking up at the large house taking in the features of it when the door opened without me realising. It was only when Elena elbowed me sharply in the ribs that i looked down and nearly fell over backwards in shock.

Stood wedged between a crack in the door was none other than Alex Davies lead singer of my favourite band. I stared in disbelief as Keith spun around to see why Alex was looking so confused and why he staring in my direction. Keith noticed I had practically frozen on the spot and nudged me breaking me out of it, whereby i closed my gaping mouth, whilst Elena giggled at my side. I smiled at Alex who then smiled back in return glad i was finished staring at him no doubt. He opened the door wider as Keith headed to the bus opening the side door to which some of our luggage fell out of hitting the gravel with a dull thud. As the door opened wider it revealed Edward Minton, Elena’s own crush for years now causing her to blush bright pink as he smiled at her before Teddy, Dan and Ali could be seen behind the two. We smiled before turning our attention to a lot of noise coming from the minibus wondering what Keith was doing.

As me and Elena turned around the only thing we could see was Keith’s legs sticking out between many bags and our cases in the back of the bus causing us to speedily head over and help him out. The five boys had also headed over and had grabbed bags from the floor and were already disappearing back into the house with smiles permanent on all their young faces. I grabbed a couple of my bags and followed them in placing them with the others before returning to the bus again.

‘Jesus Christ how much stuff do you own?’

Alex was the one to question the many bags that were been placed into the hall of his large house. As Elena placed the last one down in the hall she smiled up at Alex before answering.

‘Enough to keep us going, it’s mainly Amy’s equipment though’

With that a confused expression was present upon Alex’s face. Too shy to answer I shrugged my shoulders smiling at him before heading out to where Keith stood with the now empty minibus.

‘You heading off straight away?’

‘I’m afraid so Amy, got a couple of kids to train up now I’m loosing you two.’

‘Haha that will be fun for you hope they are as much of a handful, and you’ve got to say goodbye properly first.’

With that Keith walked forward to where i was stood and picked me up into a hug squeezing me tight before placing me back on the ground. He then did the same to Elena who was stood beside me now before looking at us both tears present in his eyes.

‘I’m gonna miss you two kids you’ve been awesome, and make sure you lot and Gary look after them, these pair are something special.’

Keith had to wipe his eyes quickly as i hugged him again before he got into the minibus, starting its engine and opening the window.

‘Don’t worry Keith they will be prized possessions to us all, drive safe.’

Ed was the one to respond this time before saluting Keith as we waved him off the driveway and turned to face the guys.

‘Ermm hey, so where do we begin, apparently you lot are a handful’

‘Us the handful after what you said it sounds like you pair are worse.’

Ali had responded but not answering all the questions we had asked.

‘Maybe you will find out, where do we begin then?’

Teddy let out a cheeky laugh as he beamed at his younger brother and winked before both Hetherton’s charged at us.

‘We begin with a traditional welcome to our house.’

Teddy shouted as he flung me into the air into a fireman’s lift over his shoulder as i let out at squeak in shock. Dan doing the same with Elena who screamed properly in surprise at the sudden movement and clung onto a clump of Dan’s t-shirt for support. The two of us were taken inside the house the other three laughing at our facial expressions. Well that was until Alex tripped up the front step and stumbled into the wooden door before grabbing it to steady himself me watching him carefully.

We were placed down in the hall beside our luggage before Ed spoke up after recovering from his laughing fit, to which Ali was still having whilst Alex half glared at them before realising we were all smiling at his misfortune and let out an awkward laugh of his own which was adorable.

‘First things first we shall show you your room get your stuff up their and unpacked, then tour of the house sound good to you.’

‘yeah sounds good to us, let’s get started.’

I had never heard Elena reply to anything so enthusiastically but i shrugged and started to pick a couple of smaller bags first as Alex led the way to our new bedroom. When we finally got to the last door Alex swung it open to reveal a large room with two double beds placed inside it a couple of wardrobes and plenty of space for my equipment to live which pleased me. Elena was happy to see there was plenty of spare wall space to which she would probably put her favourite pictures she had taken on, like she always did. Her old bedroom walls were plastered with live shots she had taken and loved. As i turned to get more bags i saw Teddy heaving my case up the stairs gasping for air as he struggled under the weight so i grabbed the bottom of it to help him out. Ed meanwhile was talking to Elena as they walked up with the lighter bags neither daring to carry the heavier bags which was mainly my equipment allowing Dan and Ali to struggle with another heavy case.

‘Amy, you have to much heavy stuff what is it..!’

Ali said in a strained voice as he pulled the case up the stairs.

‘You will see soon, think that’s the last real heavy thing though.’

‘If i live after carrying this i might and you might want to hope so, else your already having payback for making me work to hard.’

I laughed at Ali as everyone grabbed a few more of the remaining lighter bags and took them into the room. A short while later though all bags, which there were many of, were now placed into the large bedroom, piled up against the one wall ready to be unpacked.