It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty-Two

Amy’s POV

It felt strange been sat on the bus heading for home. The tour run had ended and now we were to head back home after a few months on the road. I had enjoyed my time out on the road, well except for the incidents that had happened on the way. I could say one thing this tour had been one of the most eventful i had been on but mainly for all the wrong reasons.

As we headed for the ferry port Alex was asleep against my arm whilst i sat watching a CSI episode on the TV. Dan was sat on his laptop the one thing that boy lived on whilst Teddy and Ali were playing some dodgy game on the far table. I had no idea where Ed and Elena had got to but i decided not to ask either. I looked at Alex who was finally silent and not annoying anyone, the only time this happened was when he was sleeping. I was pretty certain the rest of the bus were glad it was nice and quiet after last nights drinking and dancing people were pretty run down.

The rest of the journey was also fairly quiet, the ferry journey went by fairly quickly and soon the bus had pulled up on the drive. I headed off to see teddy had already got the door open as we all headed onto the bus to empty it of our belongings. We had to make sure the bus was tidy for Gary to return on his way to his own home, probably looking forward to been rid of us all for a while.

After a good hour of running backwards and forwards the bus was clean. Although before then most people had vanished into the house giving up on the cleaning process, leaving me Elena, teddy, ed and Gary cleaning it off. Once i had bid Gary goodbye i headed into the house and straight for a shower to freshen up.

The rest of the night was spent just chilling out with the TV and films on with a couple of beers. There was talk of how we felt the tour went and how many accidents we managed to run into on the way as well. Soon bed was on everyone’s cards and i snuggled into the comfort of a large double bed with Alex beside me comfortably.

The next few days went by pretty quickly, tending to be just chill out days for most. Teddy and Dan had disappeared back to their dad’s for a couple of days to see their brothers and sister, and as it was their dad’s birthday to. I had gotten bored already though and so disappeared to the studio to do a bit of recording and mixing within out Alex causing to much of a distraction.

I settled down with the keyboard, using synthesised sodusn to crete the track I’d had in my head recently. As i worked away i hadn’t noticed that Alex had actually entered the studio. No sound had hti my ears and i didn’t notice him sat on the sofa that was behind my back as i worked away.

As i turned to make myself another cup of coffee, it was then i saw him. Jumping as he sat there a grin present on his face, his hair sticking out at different angles as he pulled his fringe down the side of his face.

“How long you been sat there?”

“Long enough to enjoy the track your making”

“Oh you like it?”

“Yeah wouldn’t thought you’d of come up with something like that though,, it’s different to what i know you to listen to.”

“Well Alexander, i used to have quite a deep interest in dance music at one time, and i had nothing else to do”

“it’s cool, next time we have some sort of party here we shall have to burn it to MP3 and play it, see what the others say?”

“yeah sure, oh fancy a coffee?”

“yeah if your making”

With that i made the drinks and Alex came to sit beside me, watching me as i worked. I have never seem him so quiet and intrigued as he did for the rest of that day. By 6 pm i had finished what i wanted to work on and so saved it and headed out back to the main house, by now pretty hungry. I walked in and to the kitchen grabbing something quick on the cupboard deciding i would order a curry for tea as i couldn’t be bothered to cook, unless someone offered to cook of course.

After a couple of days the Hetherton’s had returned back to the house and the band disappeared for band practise for a few hours. I sat with Elena talking for a while just relaxing before heading upstairs, settling for spending some time on my laptop in the room.

I logged in to find some new messages of various people. A couple of high school teachers had sent me requests on Facebook and had sent me messages asking how i was and what i was now up to and if i still lived locally. I spoke to them for a while, them congratulating me on my success as i uploaded a couple of pictures of me and Elena from the tour. Afterwards i lay back on the bed my phone having been lay beside me but must of drifted off to sleep.

*************************************
Alex’s POV

After band practise i headed back to see Amy. She wasn’t anywhere i had expected her to be and so i headed up to our room, the last place i would expect to find her. As i opened the door i saw her sprawled out on top of the duvet asleep. I stepped i closing the door quietly not wanting to disturb her, and sat on the bed beside her.

As i sat there pulling her laptop onto my lap knowing she wouldn’t mind me borrowing it her phone started to go off. I picked it up and checked it seeing there was a new text. I decided to open it, knowing Amy would be grateful if i replied on her behalf if it was her mum who had text or her sister.

As i opened the message i noticed it was a number that hadn’t been saved to her phone, i read further down the page, my stomach turning as i read the words.

The text read:

Hey Darling, missing you already, you look gorgeous the other day, fancy meeting up for a coffee next week? Xxx

I placed my hand over my mouth as my stomach churned more, i honestly thought i was going to be sick. Was it too good to be true, like i thought it could be? I looked down at the perfect face sleeping on the bed, oblivious to what i had read. Has she been cheating on me, if so who with? When she was going out was she going to meet him, this person i didn’t know. My heart felt like it had been shattered as i sat there, i couldn’t move and knew to wait until she woke up, i had to confront her on this. I wanted the truth. I could feel tears starting to form, trying to break free and run down my face but i wouldn’t allow them, instead the tears dried as anger started to build up.

*******************************************
Elena’s POV

Amy had headed upstairs a while ago and the TV programme i had been watching had now finished. I decided to head to mine and Ed’s room wanting to find my DS out and sit and play that for a while until band practise was over. I looked through all my draws unable to find it, where it usually lived, i searched everywhere else still unable to find it.

I wonder if Ed had borrowed it again out of boredom. I decided to look through his draws and see if i could find it. It wasn’t in his cupboard on the desk or on his shelf so i tried his bedside table draws.

As i got to the last one still unable to find it i noticed a red envelope stashed under the DS case that i had been looking for. I hadn’t seen it before and so pulled it out and sat on the bed. The handwriting on the front wasn’t anyone’s i could recognise and so out of curiosity i opened it.

I pulled out the piece of paper that was folded inside it and opened it up, reading the first line my heart ached,

Dearest Eddie,

I hope you are well, thought i would send a letter since I’m preoccupied. .....................

.........................................
........................................
........................................

Would love to meet up again soon, our latest meeting wasn’t too successful, how’s next week for you?

Love Lucy
X

I re-read the whole letter in shock, was he keeping in contact with her, as it certainly sounded like it. After what she had done was he still contacting that bitch. Anger built up throughout me along with frustration and upset, after what she had done, how could he. Was i just someone worthless to him?

I placed the letter back in it’s envelope, leaving it lay beside me on the bed. When he returned for band practise i would ask him about it, ask him if he was going to meet her, whether he was keeping in contact, i could see him lying to me about it now but i had to ask, with a small amount of hope I’d get an honest answer.