It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty- Four

Ed's POV

As i walked through coming to the edge of the woods i could see someone sat there. I headed over towards whoever it was not yet sure who it actually was. It was when i got closer i realised it was Amy, i could hear small sobs escaping her throat, her head resting on her knees, why was she out here upset? How long had she been out here?

I walked over to Amy from the edge of the wood, she hadn't noticed me until i placed a hand on her leg.

"Amy what's up? Why are you out here alone?"

"I....It...Alex."

"Amy calm down take a deep breath and explain, i'm here to listen."

I sat down beside her wrapping an arm around her shoulders pulling her toward me to comfort her.

"Did he send you to find me?"

"No-one sent me i was calming down, please tell me what's happened."

"Explain yours first, whilst i relax a bit."

"Elena found a letter and old letter from Lucy, she thinks i'm still meeting up with her and keeping in conact with her, we argued and i snapped at her, bad. I came out for a walk and was heading back to talk it over when i spotted you."

"I'm sorry to hear that Ed."

Amy hugged me tight, sympathy in her voice, she seemed to understand where i was coming from.

"your turn now."

"I had fallen asleep, whilst Alex was waiting for me to wake i recieved a text that he read thinking it would be family. It was an unknown number and the text made it sound like i was cheating on him. I tried explaining that i didn't know the number and that no-one has spoken to me in the way that text was written but he had none of it. We started shouting at each other and it hurt a lot. I walked out on the brink of tears. I came out here leaving him to think about his accusations."

"Amy I'm sorry to hear that, that sounds horrible."

I hugged her tighter into my chest staying in that embrace as i felt tears leave her eyes again. I stayed there happy to sit here and comfort her as best as i could. I knew that leaving Alex to consider his own actions would be the wisest idea. He would come to his senses soon, i knew Amy wouldn't lie from her emotions she genuinly didn't know who that person was and hated been branded a liar.

Her head lent onto my shoulder and i placed my other hand on her cheek. I stroked it slightly wiping the tears from her cheeks. Her blue eyes looked up into mine, hurt visible clearly through them. The tears making them shine in the slight glint of the sun.

I hugged her again rubbing her back as her breathing calmed to a reasonable level again. I sat there not saying anything knowing i had to make it up to Elena, what if she was feeling the same way. At the moment that wasn't top of my list though and instead i would be comforting Amy until she felt better.

****************************************************************************
Amy's POV

Ed had come over after spotting me. He had explained that him and Elena had argued and i had tried to comfort him as best as i could. Most of this time was however spent comforting me. I sat there with Ed for a while. He sat with his arm around me wiping away tears from my cheeks. I felt a bit better having him there but not pestering me into talking. Looking into his eyes i could see how he had been hurt, my own heart feeling like it had been torn from my chest. I was glad to have him sat here it felt more reassuring.

As we sat there in silence i looked up into his face, his eyes were red and looked sore but no tear tracks marked his face, however i was currently wiping tears from my cheeks as well as marks from where my mascara had run. I watched him his eyes lookied down into mine, his reflecting the light in the dark brown perfectly.

It was almost like two magnets attracting to each other from close proximity, both of us leaned toward each other not knowing what was happening, drowning in our own sorrow at the minute. His breath was warm on my cheek, my mind not realising where this was going. Our lips touched soft and gentle my hand moving to his neck, his placed gently on the back of my head. Our kiss was just that, a kiss, nothing deeper and nothing meaningful just two friends hurt and comforting each other, our lips were still touching when i heard a low and deep growl from beside us. It seemed Ed had heard it to as the kiss stopped, our eyes opening and us parting quickly realising what had happened instantly regretting it. We knew that we were both in the dog house fearing for how we were going to explain this to whoever was stood over us, the seconds passing like minutes.