It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty-Five

Alex's POV

After Amy had left slamming the door behind her i sat on the bed. What if she was been genuine and truthful, what had i just wrecked if it was someone trying to get between us. She said she had trouble like that through high school before, what if it was the same person. I felt bad but i knew she needed to cool off. Not once had i seen Amy that angry and swear at me in that tone. I started to panic sitting there slumping back onto the bed. I pulled my hands through my hair frustrated letting out a long sigh. I pulled a pillow from above my head and pulled it onto my face letting out a groan of my own frustration knowing more than likely i had got it wrong. I was still angry at the text, but i knew i had to weigh what it looked like to the truth. I heard arguing in the next room but guessed it was just some random disagreement, concentrating on the fact that i wasn’t sure what was going on between me and amy at the moment. I heard swearing and Ed’s footsteps head downstairs before the front door shook the walls of the house as it slammed, he was definatly highly pissed off at the moment.

I got up soon once silence had once again descended over the house, and decided that maybe going to find Amy and talk to her in a calmer manner would be the best thing to do. I headed out knowing i had heard her go downstairs when she had left. I headed down searching every room in the house unable to see her anywhere. It was then that Elena appeared through the door looking hurt but also annoyed.

"Hey you alright?"

"yeah me and Ed argued but i think he was telling the truth and now i can't find him anywhere, you haven't seen him have you?"

"no, I’m trying to find Amy though have you seen her about?"

"Nah i heard her stamp down the stairs and what sounded like sobbing before the back door slammed but I’ve not seen her out here, maybe looking together could help?"

"It would probably work out better for us, i feel bad for it now and losing my temper."

"I agree with you there Lex, come on let's search the back fields and stuff as cars are still out the front with keys hung up. They must of gone by foot to cool off places, she seemed really upset as i heard her leave though"

“I could say something about Ed not been that pissed off before, that’s worst I’ve heard his language escalate to since i broke his wrist all those years ago.”

I pulled my leather jacket on and the two of us headed through the back door. We walked over to the studio first only to find neither of them sat in there either or anywhere near the tennis courts. Where had either of them walked to? I would of expected to of found Amy sat at the desk that was always one way she had seemed to calm down a lot was doing some work in the studio.

I stood there in thought for a little before starting to head for the fields behind the house. Elena walked beside me looking over occasionally whilst also searching for Ed. As i got to the fence my body froze completely, holding onto it looking straight ahead of me. No, it couldn't be, it was someone else, it had to be.

I climbed over the fence, Elena climbing over to before standing still beside me suddenly huddled to my side a lot more, a hand over her mouth. She seemed to be on the same thought as me. Neither of us moved for minutes my heart sinking as my mind thought about it, my arm around Elena‘s shoulder as her breath became a bit more jagged and uneven. What if it was those two, behind our backs, each of their best friends they were hurting. Was there another reason behind it though, Elena seemed to be thinking it over almost nodding to herself in agreement at her thoughts. I lent back against the fence using it for support as my legs started to function again. I couldn't stand here and let them continue, they had to be stopped, or for me to see it wasn't them.

I walked over a bit quicker now but also weary, i didn't want them to hear i wanted proof to my own eyes at a closer distance. As the two of us walked closer i could tell perfectly now. I could see both of them the back of Amy and Ed's hand placed on the back of her head, the other on her neck. Amy was responding to it though but i could tell that it wasn't deeper, but still how could either them. Ed knew i loved her why would he does this to his own best friend or was that another lie he was using now.

My speed increased but my footsteps were still silent, i was stood right beside them now and neither had stopped and noticed. I turned to see Elena stood a little behind me no tears in her eyes but more than anything acceptance and understanding.

I let out a low rumble which instantly stopped both of them in their tracks, they were looking at each other and as i let out a louder, deeper growl from my throat the two looked around to face me. Shock in their faces, sorrow and realisation as to what they had just done.

Without thinking i pulled Amy up from where she was sat pulling her by the wrist to behind my back. I felt her pull out of my hand probably now soothing the wrist i had yanked her by, silent and saying nothing accepting whatever happened almost. I stepped closer to Ed now, him cowering backwards still sat on the floor backing into the tree trunk, mine and Amy‘s place. His eyes looked up into mine fear in his whilst i knew anger was burning through my veins. The couple of seconds that i stared down at him seemed to stay forever before i moved again.

I lent towards him pulling him up to standing by the front of his t-shirt, hearing him gulp loudly not sure what was going to happen. I saw him look over my shoulder and him mouth something probably to Amy. I still hadn't spoken a word. I just continued to stare into his eyes, hurt but angered by what he had done, what they had both done. His eyes showed red marks around the edge, it had been crying earlier on that i could tell.

I pushed him back hard into the tree him wincing at the pain from the force i used, strength i didn't know i had. I pulled his hair back so that he was looking up at me and not down at the floor, fear more evident in his eyes now as my other hand held onto his throat. The skin around it going white as he gasped for air. His face now as pale as anything, his eyes wide scared that his best friend would turn like this.

"How could you. To your own best friend. Think it wouldn't be known about, that i wouldn't find out, proven wrong weren't you!!! I‘m not as slow as you seem to think Ed!"

My voice was laced with anger, frustration and hurt. My fingers still pulling on his hair, his face still forced to look at me as he bit his lip from the pain. I moved my hand from his throat. Before i knew what i had done my fist had swung into his gut, a groan escaping his lips as i let him sink to the ground grabbing hold of his stomach, refusing to look up at me. I lent down again, my fist hitting him square in the nose and blood instantly starting to trickle down to his lip. He flinched his head away from me now lying flat on his back. I knelt down against his face, pinning his hands into the grass and mud, Amy let out sobs as i yelled into his face.

"You backstabbing bastard! You wait until I‘m finished with you!"

Ed couldn’t even look me in the eye as he tried to struggle under the force i had put onto his small body. Holding him in place onto the grass. Not realising that Teddy, Dan and Ali were making there way over after hearing my shouting.

"ALEX, if your doing that to Ed then i deserve it just as much. It wasn't him, wasn't his fault, it was me i was upset, i was wrong to but...but"

I had turned to face Amy now, to see tears cascading down her cheeks like a river, she was sticking up for him which made it worse, her voice full of fear as she had spoke, taking a step back as i turned around expecting to have to defend herself. I couldn't watch and turned around to face Ed again, more anger in me now.

"What have you done to her Ed. Was it her or was it you, is she sticking up for you for some other reason? Tell me Ed, the truth i want to hear it form your lips!"

I went toward him again losing control over my bodies instincts, he crawled back more still holding his stomach flinching. It was then that i felt arms wrap around my waist and pull me back. I went to fight back to realise it was Elena. I stood still.

"Alex you dare and you won't know what has hit you. I love him, you hurt him and you won't know what will happen. Back off."

I stopped, standing still realising i had hit my best friend, i would never hit him before, i backed off sorrow now in my eyes dropping to my knees on the grass as Elena helped Ed up. He stood against the tree, his support as he wiped blood from his face and dirt from his shirt.

"Ed, I’m sorry, i shouldn't, you..."

Amy couldn't speak as she looked over at Ed. I just sat there watching as Ed stood up straight looking straight at her.

"it was as much me as you Amy, i deserve what i got in fact i deserve worse."

I didn't know what happened to me after that i stood up pulling Amy forcefully towards me. A slight choke leaving her lips as the force unsteadied her feet.

"Was it you or him? What the fuck is going on her. Tell me!!!"

I pushed Amy down onto the grass standing over her then kneeling in front of her close to her face, her face as white as anything as she looked into my eyes scared. I could see her working out whether she needed to move or whether she would be ok. My hand balled into a fist and as i started to raise it i was pushed backwards. It was then that i realised Dan, Teddy and Ali had joined us.

Teddy stood there between me and Amy, Ali beside him for reassurance. I could see Dan behind them pulling Amy up to her feet and pulling her into his side. She was shaking, more tears flowing down her cheeks now as Dan tried to calm her down, try and understand what actually happened.

What was wrong with me, this wasn’t me at all. It took a few seconds until i heard Ed’s voice again when i quickly turned and ran towards him, Elena having stepped away from him as he looked like he was going to be sick. I slammed his head back into the tree with force, his eyes shutting as i let go. Ed’s body just slumped to the floor and lay there, unmoving.

I stepped back my own body shaking with my own fear, what had i just done to my best friend. I felt Teddy and Ali’s arms on my own pulling me away form the group. Elena was knelt next to Ed calling his name. As i pulled quite a distance i could see Amy and Dan move closer to Ed. I was still shaking, scared at what i had done. What had come over me.

Only the slightest amount of relief left me when i heard Ed’s voice grumble Elena’s name, still disorientated.

“We need to get him indoors a lay down. Ali, teddy get Alex at a safe distance away from Amy and Ed.”

I got up willingly as teddy and Ali walked me along the edge of the field further form the house. As we stopped and watched from there Dan and Elena picked up and carried Ed between them, finding it easy him been the lightest member of the band. I could say Amy walking slowly behind, as they neared the house i saw Elena and Dan disappear into the hose with Ed, Amy has just reached the tennis court fencing when she dropped completely, like she has been struck in the back.

I went form my standing position to myself dropping to my knees clawing at the grass, calling out in a defeated tone. Teddy knelt beside me as i saw Ali’s feet start to run away towards the house. It was ten minutes before i looked up to see that Ali had pulled Amy up into his arms, bridal style and carried her into the house, leaving me and teddy sat out here.

“I.. Don’t know what’s happened to me, teddy help me look at what I’ve done to the two people i care about most. I need help, teddy please.”

“Alex, calm down, we will go see someone tomorrow, for now we need to know your not going to be a threat that your calm enough to be around those two in the house. Do you think your calm enough to go in the house?”

“Y..yeah, i want to see Amy, want to know she’s ok, i want to see if Ed’s ok to please.”

“I’m not sure if either will want to see you at the moment but we will head up and speak to the others, don’t expect Elena to have you in her good books though.”

"I understand.”

I got up to my feet at that point and me and teddy walked towards the house, my hands playing with my hair as nerves settled in bad. It caused me throw up before we had gotten to the house i was that scared. I wasn't worried for myself but for the welfare of the two people i cared for most more.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have edited this chapter =]