It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty-Six

Alex’s POV

I felt like i didn’t belong in my own house when i walked in. Teddy was stood right beside me ready to grab me incase i lashed out again. I could hear movement upstairs and in the lounge to. Teddy decided to call out and find out who was where in the house before we started to walk into different rooms.

Ali appeared with us in the kitchen.

“Amy’s still out of it on the sofa, Ed’s been sorted out upstairs, a doctor’s had to be called round urgently though cause he’s blacking out a lot still and is dazed.”

I gulped and looked at the floor playing with my fringe still. What had i done to them, what problems had i caused from all of this. Dan then emerged stepping into the kitchen to, Ali heading upstairs since Elena was calling for him to head up.

“ Alex, i highly suggest you don’t go upstairs at all. Elena is pissed, a lot. Ed seems in a bad state and she has just given me an earful on how much she dislikes you at the moment.”

I nodded in response before Dan continued.

“Where’s Amy gone?”

“Erm...she...well...”

Teddy looked at me taking the decision to pull Dan to a safe distance from me before explaining. I was willing to stand right beside him arms at my sides and take whatever punishment he thought i deserved, i hated myself right now for what i had done.

“She collapsed following you guys up, we were over on the field still and Ali ran up and bought her in, she’s in the living still out cold from what Ali said.”

I saw the fury burn through Dan’s cheeks, his hands balling into fists at his side before he turned and marched into the living room. I wanted to go in and see her but gave it ten minutes before Dan headed back upstairs before teddy nodded to allow me, still following behind me.

She was lay out on the sofa, looking as though she was sleeping. Her one hand lay over her stomach. I knelt down beside her, placing my hand onto hers delicately.

“I’m sorry Amy. I mean it. I hate myself right now. Look at what I’ve done to you and to Ed. I don’t know what’s happened to me, I’m sorry.”

I pulled back slightly as Amy’s hand started to move under mine, i pulled back on the brink of tears as i watched on. Amy started to come around, when she opened her eyes and focused the first person she had seen was teddy. I wasn’t expecting her reaction to seeing me though.

As she turned to face where i was lay she jumped back, pushing herself into the back of the sofa as much as she could, curling herself into a ball. Her eyes showing that of fear, wide as her face continued to stay pale.

I put my hand sup in a surrender motion standing up and backing off slowly away form her so that i was stood the other side of the room, disappointed in myself and what i had done. She was terrified of me.

Teddy was knelt down beside her comforting her, sitting on the sofa as she clung to his waist, the way she would cling to me when Ali was planning to attack her somehow. I couldn’t stand there any longer and had to walk back into the back garden, tears now running freely down my cheek as i sat down on the decking. My head bowed into my hands unable to control my emotions, annoyed at myself for what i had caused, the one person that i loved was now petrified of me cause of what i had done to her.

I heard feet disappear upstairs and teddy then join me, i guessed Dan would look after Amy for me until this whole mess was sorted out.

“Alex, I’m worried about you mate. Would you like to go see someone in the morning about what has happened today, you said yourself you haven’t know hat’s come over you?”

“Please, i need to sort out what’s going on. Can you go and see how Ed is? See what the doctor is saying, i wills it out here and wait?”

“yeah i will phone for tomorrow as well, will be back as quick as i can mate.”

****************************************
Teddy’s POV

I headed upstairs to where Ed was leaving alex sat out on the decking. He was a wreck. He knew he was in the wrong and was beating himself up over it. I wasn’t surprised though the reaction Amy had to seeing him when she came back around really messed him up. As i reached the top of the stairs i looked down the landing area. At the end Dan was sat with Amy buried into his side hugging him, he had his arm tightly around her his head leaning on hers. I looked down toward them, Amy’s face had regained some colour now but she seemed to look behind me still nervous, obviously not wanting to see Alex.

I walked into Ed’s room to see Elena stood beside him holding onto his hand. Ali was sat on the windowsill whilst the doctor stood checking Ed over.

“ It’s a strong force that was applied when his head struck the tree, the blackouts however should cease if he has this medication, he will more than likely get strong headaches during the course of the next week from the injury but overall he shall make a full recovery. He will be needing to stay lay in bed for the next two days apart form toilet breaks, after two days you need to get him out into the fresh air a fair bit, his mind will recover itself given a week.”

I went and stood beside Elena rubbing her back supportively and she nodded, agreeing to follow the doctors instructions. I looked down at Ed who was currently blacked out again, the next time he came around he would stay conscious as the doctor injected Ed in the arm. I saw Ali look away not over keen on needles at all. Ali showed the doctor back out the house leaving me stood with Elena.

“Where’s alex?”

“He’s sat outside on the decking, he’s distraught at himself for what he’s done, i honestly believe him when he says he doesn’t know what has come over him. I’m going to book him in with a psychologist/doctor that i know of locally for tomorrow morning. He agreed he wanted to go he is really beating himself up over this.”

“So he should be, given half the chance i would love to lay more than a finger on that boy right now, Dan explained Amy had fainted, i know she’s awake know but i also know that she won’t go anywhere near him. Have you seen the bruising on her wrist from where he pulled her?”

“No.”

“Please go check it for me, i want to stay here with Ed, and Alex is to stay away for the next week whilst he recovers unless Ed asks otherwise. Check the bruises thought she could have a fracture form the way they are.”

I nodded heading out to where Dan and Amy were still sat sitting down cross legged in front of Amy.

“Can i look at your wrists please.”

She nodded placing both arms out palm up in front of me. I gently took the one wrist in my own palm inspecting it in the light. The bruises were a dark purple and i agreed with Elena there was a possibility of a fracture.

“Amy is that wrist moveable without been in pain?”

She shook her head confirming Elena’s theory.

“Dan get her up to A&E please, we need to check her wrist isn’t fractured, phone me when they have got the x-ray results please?”

“yeah will do.”

With that both Dan and Amy got up heading down. After five minutes the door shut before i heard the engine of Dan’s car start before the car rolled out over the gravel driveway. Ali poked his head round form Ed’s room explaining he would stop with Ed and Elena and i nodded heading downstairs to make the phone call.

It didn’t take me long to get through to the doctor, he gave me a slot of 11 am to get Alex there for. I explained i would come with him just incase and the doctor said thanks before hanging up. I then headed back out to alex who was now lay on his back on the grass arms folded over his face.

“Alex, we have an appointment for 11 am tomorrow. Ed has been given some medication and shouldn’t black out again, he will be suffering form headaches all week and is to stay in bed for two days. The doctor said it was a lot of force put behind the blow to his head. Oh and Dan’s taken Amy to A&E.”

“Ok, and poor Ed I’m so sorry for what i done to him, he didn’t deserve it at al, i need help, a lot of help. And what, why she been taken there?”

“She has really bad bruising to her wrist, the one you pulled her by and she can’t move it, me and Elena both it’s fractured, i will be finding out as soon as they do what’s said so i will let you know. Where are you sleeping tonight as Elena said to stay away from Ed for a week unless Ed asks otherwise.”

“A week, i expected it to be longer than that. I will stay n the sofa tonight in the TV room , the furthest from everyone. Teddy can i ask you a favour..... Can you stay in there with me, i don’t trust myself in the house on my own.”

Alex has moved his arms his eyes showing sorrow in his eyes, i could sense the fear towards himself and what he had done as well.

“I will Alex, don’t worry we will sort this all out. Let’s go in and you get some rest now please. It might help a little.”

Alex nodded pulling himself from the ground before the two of us headed to the TV room where by me made our makeshift beds for the night. Alex locking the door form out side to make sure that he felt completely safe, before he lay down, falling asleep almost instantly whereas i sat watching TV for a few hours.