It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty-Four

Alex’s POV

The next morning i got up fairly early, for me anyway. I soon headed out getting Ed who had been up a while to drop me off to my parents. When Amy woke he promised he would tell her i had gone to meet my brothers for a few hours.

I sat in the living room as mum pulled a load of catalogues out in front of me, i was not liking the look of the next few hours but i was going to endure it for the girl i loved. Mum opened the first book which was fully of many engagement rings.

“What gemstones are her favourite?”

“Rubies and diamonds.”

Mum headed straight to the right page. I looked over the page and found one that i knew she would love, it was white gold ring with three oval rubies across the band and double diamond baguette shoulders. It was beautiful and i could already picture it upon her finger.

“How will i propose though, i want it to be dead romantic.”

“Already a step ahead of you there son, check out this idea.”

My dad handed me a book that outlined the perfect plan, i nodded accepting that plan as been absolutely perfect. I knew it would work a treat.

“Are you having others there when you engage?”

“The rest of the band Elena, and i was wondering if you pair would show up just before the moment to, dad i would need your help along with Ed’s to setup a certain part of the plan, you know what I’m like.”

“certainly we would love to be there, it will go well for you, she loves you and that’s clear.”

***********************************
Amy’s POV

It had been a month since Elena’s proposal, her parents knowing now, mien had heard to and started asking questions about my plans to settle down. I spoke to my mum explaining that i would love to but that i could be waiting a while for alex to get the hints.

I had noticed alex disappearing a lot recently though, although he had mentioned his brothers been home from uni at the moment and understood that he wanted to spend time with them and so settled with working away in the studio a bit more.

I enjoyed spending what time i had with alex and the guys and had a good laugh especially filming a few of the video blogs that Elena had come up with the ideas of. They worked out quite well and form the feedback fans were enjoying them as well.

*****************************
Alex’s POV

I had bought the ring and all the other items i would need to run the plan that i had, Ed had agreed to help me out on the night and he’d had a few words with Elena getting Amy out the house for a few hours on that day to allow the preparations to occur and to phone us when they would be twenty minutes away from home.

I had decided the date for when i was going to propose Dan having sped it up a little. Recently he had not left Amy alone, he was constantly hugging her or kissing on the cheek, which had been winding me up a tad, i had to make sure i didn’t lose to him, however much i loved the guy as a friend.

On the day in question i woke making Amy breakfast in bed, something she seemed surprised about but was also happy about. Before long she was out the house, Elena deciding the two of them were going on a girlie shopping day as well as looking at wedding dresses for Elena and bridesmaids dresses to. I knew they would be out for hours yet and Elena had promised they wouldn’t be home until 6 o clock of that night.

Once i knew they were long gone i headed into the storage cupboard under the studio, i pulled out the bags of items i had to make this completely perfect. The rest of the band except for Ed had gone out for the day to teddy wanting to keep the two main monkeys out of the way completely.

My first thing to do was to clean out the bath which i did before placing the bottle of bubble bath on the side ready for that night, with bags of rose petals in our hands after hovering down pretty much most of the house me and Ed set to work. We left a trail of rose petals leading straight from the front door, going up the stair case and leading to the bathroom door, i hung the bathrobe that belonged to amy on the back of the door before setting out a fresh pair of jeans and a top onto the bed for when she got out. Me and Ed then put rose petals all around the bathroom and around the edge of the bath to. Once that was set, which had taken a while i made sure the whole of mine and Amy’s bedroom was spotless. Whilst i did that Ed had wrote out a note to hang on the front door handle which read: Follow you personal red carpet, to where your dreams shall come true.

By the time the room had been done it was coming on for four o clock, leaving two hours to set up the back garden where my bedroom window looked out onto. My dad had by now arrived to help, my mum been the one to stand in the bedroom window to make sure it all looked right and was readable.

Down on the lawn me, Ed and my dad got out all the tea lights i had bought and started to set them out in the words, Will You Marry Me? As we set to work mum informed us if it was the right size and in the right place. After a few corrections we got the lettering size and spacing correct. It was going to take a while to light all the candles i knew that but there would be at least seven of us doing it, and hopefully nto setting each other alight.

Soon the band arrived back at the house and came around to the back yard where each were handed a lighter and dead on 6:15 we would all be out here lighting the candles in preparation, with spares hidden in a bag behind the tree incase we had trouble with a few.

At 5:40 i got the call to inform us they were twenty minutes from home and so i headed to my room. I changed into a pair of black trousers a white shirt, a black and white striped tie and a black blazer before heading out into the garage where i would be hiding until Amy was in the bath. My mum was filling up the bath as i hid so that it was still hot when Amy got into it.

At 6 o clock the rest of the band and my parents were all hiding in the same place to well except for Ed who was keeping an eye on everything that it went accordingly from behind his car.

They pulled up and amy got out heading straight to the front door, she stopped taking the sign into her hand reading it a few times it seemed. She then carefully opened the door and Ed text me to say there was already a smile upon her face.

After ten minutes i got the text to say Amy could be heard bathing, her favourite song playing from the bathroom. Elena had by now made sure that the bedroom was sat giving a thumbs up from the window as she heard Amy coming toward the end of her bath. The seven of us lit all the tea lights as my bedroom light went on. Amy’s silhouette could been seen against the curtains as she obviously got into fresh clothes.

Elena had by now joined us downstairs as Ed threw a small rock at my bedroom window. I was already knelt down on one knee above all the tea lights the ring box in my hand. The curtains didn’t move and so Ed threw another rock, this time i saw Amy’s silhouette move closer tot he window. She pulled open the curtains and opened the main window.

“Amy Phillips, will you marry me?”

The light from the bedroom showed her face to me perfectly as everyone stood around me now waiting for her answer.

“Yes, of course, oh Alex.”

“With that Amy pulled back from the window and five minutes later she ran out across the garden to me running straight into my open arms.

“alex you dressed up and done all this, it’s amazing and perfect. I love you.”

“I love you to.”

With that i placed the ring onto her finger, her face glowing even more as i pulled her into my arms again kissing her as everyone started to clap around us. I picked her up spinning her around slightly before kissing her again, my face started to ache i was smiling that much but her smile made me never want to stop smiling.