It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty

Alex’s POV

After finally calming myself down enough to form complete sentences i was able to tell Elena and ed what i had been informed. The shock that was clearly etched upon there faces matched how i thought when i was told.

“Only thing i don’t understand is who?”

Elena however seemed able to answer that pretty much straight off.

“A couple of her jealous ex’s and guys that liked her. They have been trying to talk to her through me recently. One wanted to see her suffer for making him suffer apparently, yet she didn’t even date the guy he messed her around when they liked each other.”

“Who, as apparently the police will want names, although i want them myself?”

“That was Mike who said that, Alex please don’t get yourself into trouble the police will sort it.”

I nodded but in my mind i knew exactly who i was going after. He wasn’t going to threaten the reason i was now existing on this planet so happily, not at all. Even worse if i found out the guy had done this to Amy then he was sure as hell paying for it.

I calmly sat in the chair beside Amy placing my hand on top of her soft skin. My mind ran on high and i knew exactly where i was going after visiting hours were over. Ed and Elena would head home and straight to bed no doubt, they were yawning now and i knew they needed the rest. Whilst they slept i would sneak out having found out where this guy was located.

At 8pm the three of us headed home leaving Amy in the safe care of the nurses. I would be back within three hours not wanting to leave her on her own for too long but i had some work to do and had to have a quick shower.

Once i got in i showered got dressed and sat in my room on Amy’s laptop. I logged onto her Facebook and soon found the culprit. Mike was originally from the girls hometown but was now attending York university as of a year ago. This guy was in perfect range to know what Amy did, perfect stalking range to. He was making himself seem more suspicious to Amy falling ill.

As i closed the laptop off again lay out on the bed thinking out a strategy to find the truth on whether he laced the food with poison Ed and Elena climbed the stairs. Both bid me goodnight since they wanted an early night and i knew that with ten minutes i would be able to go. Within that time i decided that he had to be the culprit for what had happened. Anyone else didn’t have any knowledge of York since they didn’t live anywhere near and none of them had seemingly followed amy up here. Mike however was the perfect culprit alongside the threat and a feeling in my stomach was convincing enough.

I quietly left the house soon and headed to the hospital to go back and see Amy. I decided upon taking the laptop with me as i could sit in the corridor and keep an eye on this Mike guy every so often then at least.

When i reached the hospital i was greeted by an officer who i had been informed would be here. I informed them of where the food had come from and that Amy had one key enemy and that they were local. The police thanked me and explained they would so more research next day into the take-away restaurant first and see what came about form that.

It wasn’t long after that i was back in Amy’s room. I sat with her for the rest of the night sleeping in the chair for a few hours to. I woke in the night however to a dream of my own interpretation of Mike poisoning the food. I woke in a slight sweat the next morning and nearly jumped out my skin a second time to see an officer stood watching me and watching Amy sadness upon their face.

“Mr Davies, we will be continuing ongoing with finding the culprit for such an awful thing, i ask you to try and bare with us though.”

I nodded the only thing i currently could do before settling uneasily in the corridor to keep an eye on Mike on Facebook. Maybe if i went to find him i could give a piece of my mind on behalf of just the threat but i knew he was the one who had poisoned the food to, it was almost guaranteed that would be learnt.

I decided that maybe giving him a visit could be suitable enough. I headed to where it was discovered he was staying, something he had left in a message once throughout the year preparing to give him some verbal abuse only. Although when i turned up his roommate informed me he wasn’t home and wouldn’t be all day. I found this odd but headed off and knew that i would try throughout the week to try and find him.

However after a week had passed I’d had no look. Mike has seemed to of vanished of the face of the earth. His room mate seemed fairly worried that mike had not returned but i just thought it was a coincidence. Maybe he knew the cops were going to shortly be on his tail and that because he was guilty he should happen to vanish.

I would continue to stay with Amy though. The rest of the household ,with the Hetherton’s now back in the house as well as Ali, would come to visit to and see how Amy was and sit with her. I practically lived at the hospital the nurses not minding since amy was in her own room after what had happened. I couldn’t believe it had been two weeks now that she had been in hospital, a week of that in a coma.

The medication was starting to help her but it was taking longer than expected her body already very weak after her heart stopping. It would be at least another 5 days before this poison would be freed from her bloodstream, her body fighting an ongoing battle with a 70% chance she would make it. Every day my heart and mind would pray that it was the 30% chance that would win this battle before the wedding that was so much nearer.

It was a few days and still there was no sign of Mike anywhere. I hadn’t told any of the others i had been looking for him it was something they didn’t need to know. After waking in the chair to the rest of the group stood in the room ed had suggested we all went for breakfast or something in the cafe. I voted for heading for another cigarette first my body feeling the need it still fighting the fact that Amy wasn’t beside me to stop the urge.

Once i had finished my cigarette i headed into the cafe eating some toast and drinking a coffee. I had finished my food before the others however and as they sat eating i told them i would go keep Amy company. I slowly dragged my feet up the corridor the squeak of nurses shoes echoing off. I was truly drained these past few weeks, i didn’t have Amy for support she was like a drug to my life now i needed her with me, knowing she was safe.

As i reached the corridor in which Amy’s room was located settled into a bench. I rested my head into my hand sand allowed more emotion to run from me. I missed her voice, her laugh just her been beside me. I wanted her to walk up and comfort me but that couldn’t happen at all. I wiped away the tears soon taking note that the corridor was silent for once which was eerie for the hospital corridor. Once fully composed again i got up and headed for the room.

What saw as i reached the glass window wasn’t what i expected. Inside the room was figure dressed in pretty much all black clothes but the hair alone i recognised. It was Mike stood over Amy’s bed. What did he think he was doing? It was then i saw his arms move and as i moved along the glass noticed they were cutting something. I walked into the room and instantly saw a red glisten.

Running over i pulled Mike back to see red lines across Amy’s wrists. He was trying to finish her off. As i grabbed him back he dropped the blade that was in his hand in shock. As he tried to free himself using whatever strength seemed to accumulate form nowhere as rage bubbled through my veins i pulled him out the room and out a side door. I had managed to kick the red alert button as i pulled him out in order for nurses to attend to Amy meanwhile i had some unfinished business to attend to it seemed.

I fought with mike out into the alley near the door. With a sharp swing however i struck him with a punch in the face causing him to fall back in surprise. It didn’t take him long to pull me to the floor kicking my legs form under me and swinging at my face. I swung back catching him the nose which instantly started to bleed. We continued kicking and punching each other. The anger seemed to give me enough strength to overpower him however as i knelt on him digging as many punches as i could into his chest and cheek. That was until someone pulled me back yelling my name, out of anger though i had turned and punched them to get them to back off of me, which they did as a final hit to Mike left him cowering underneath me i turned to see who it was i had hit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will try and update this sunday night/Monday night if i get all uni work out the way =] enjoy however