It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty-Three

Amy’s POV

After three long days staring at the plain white walls, tapping to the beat of my own heart monitor and watching Alex’s thinner form catch up on lost sleep I was glad to be leaving the hospital. I was certain that other patients in adjoining rooms were too as the last few days they could probably just hear the snores of Alex over everything else. I got myself dressed and gathered together the couple of cards i had gotten. As i took a step towards the door alex was beside me his arm around my waist. He did know i could walk perfectly fine, didn’t he?

Once happily home i put my stuff upstairs before settling down on the sofa. I took in the familiar smells of the house glad to be back again. Alex sat down beside me before lying down his head resting in my lap as i flicked through the TV channels settling on catching up on some CSI episodes. I had asked Dan to fetch me my laptop for me and he soon returned before settling on the arm of the sofa beside me.

“I’m glad to have you back here, it shall no longer be quiet with you and alex back to your usually selves again.”

I smiled hugging Dan with one arm and smiled. As i sat checking up on everything i noticed that i had a few messages to get through. It seems some fans had managed to get wind of what happened and had sent their get wells. I was soon chatting away to my sisters and asking if they could let my parents know i was home. Alex by now was snoring in my lap and so i turned the TV up louder so that i could hear it. My fingers running gently through his hair before i placed my hand on his chest where it stayed.

Ed and Elena soon settled on the sofa. Ed’s lip was still healing from Alex’s punch. Elena sat beside him and put some cream on it to stop the skin around it going try in order for it to heal quicker. She then cuddled up to his side, Ed’s arms wrapped around her as they smiled at each other both watching the TV. It was cute to see those pair together although i still hadn’t come around to the fact they were now married, it seemed rather weird.

After Alex had his nap i got up heading outside to make a phone call. The chirpy Australian accent on the other end of the line soon started to chat in a more business tone.

“Amy i was wondering if after the wedding you would mind helping me book another tour up, obviously you’d have time for the honeymoon as well.”

“Certainly. Oh Gary are you free like a week after the wedding for two weeks?”

“Ermm yeah, why?”

“You best start packing your suitcase soon then.”

The end of the line went silent for a few minutes and i checked he hadn’t hung up on me.

“I..... Don’t understand.”

“Honestly Gary. What you like? Your coming on the honeymoon with us. The honeymoon is a holiday for all of us, you didn’t think me and Alex would trust ourselves abroad on our own for a week did you?”

“well no.”

“Sensible, and well we are all going, the whole band, Elena and you. You need the break the most two weeks of sea sun and plenty of laughs.”

“I...well.. Thank you.”

“Don’t worry about it. Oh i should have those tracks mixed for you by the end of tomorrow to so shall send them over once done.”

“Cheers Amy, see you in a couple of weeks.”

With that i said goodbye and put the phone down. I took in a deep breath smelling the country air and smiling. Two weeks and i would be married, how weird that seemed. I stepped back in the house grabbing the studio keys off the side before wondering over there. I could guarantee Alex to turn up within the hour and so started to set the equipment up ready to start mixing the tracks.

*******************************************
Ed’s POV

Now that everything was back to normal i decided to treat Elena to a night out, on our own. I informed her that we were going out for a meal that night and to be ready for 7pm.

As the time neared i got into a shirt and tie make sure my hair was neat and that i looked smart. Once ready i wondered into our bedroom to see Elena stood there looking absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing a black knee length dress which had a gold coloured band across the waistline with flowers within it. It looked stunning on her and i looked up at her smiling at her before pecking her on the cheek.

I took her hand leading her into teddy’s car. He had offered to drop us off and pick us up when we called to. As we arrived at the 5 star restaurant i saw Elena’s face light up. As we got in we were instantly greeted and taken to our table. I ordered in a bottle of wine and we sat there enjoying our meal.

Once we had finished what was outstanding food and were full we decided to go for a short walk before asking teddy to pick us up. I took Elena’s hand in mine once again and we headed down the street before turning off onto a small cobbled street. As we reached the end if led out to beautiful scenery.

I stood there looking out over a lake’s water that reflected the moon in it setting a rather bright glow over the water. I placed my arm around Elena’s waist my head resting against hers as we looked up into the night’s sky. Stars twinkled above us and i stood there smiling waiting for the right time. I kissed Elena on the lips and just as we parted what i had been expecting occurred.

As we looked up to the night’s sky a meteor shower reigned over the skies. Me and Elena each wishing upon one of the bright shooting stars that we saw. Her smile melted my heart even more. I knew that now was the chance to ask the question that had played on my mind for a few weeks now.

“Elena, would you ever think about after a few years together maybe starting our own family?”

Her face showed that of shock at the question but also that of happiness.

“I had been thinking the same thing Ed, yes i would. In a year or two of course though once everything is settled and the band is settled properly.”

I smiled at her kissing her lips gently again before texting teddy to pick us up. The night had been perfect and peaceful. It seemed that the idea of children would definatly be something on the cards as well.

***************************************
Alex’s POV

I soon joined Amy in the studio. Amy had planned to work away all night getting the tracks mixed with just me around since ed and Elena were going out. She would then consult Ed on it tomorrow morning before sending them off to Gary. Dan had asked if him teddy and Ali could sit in and Amy had agreed that it would be useful.

As we listened to the track teddy picked up one track where he thought the bass could be re-done and so we go it finished and mixed in properly. Me and Ali spent a good hour or so re-doing some keyboard harmonies as well which really added to a couple of the tracks. Amy and Dan however had turned their attention to getting some drums done. As amy played through and idea on the kit that she thought would fit in i watched at the window as she handed Dan the sticks who added his own take on it. As they worked away i could see how close they were as friends now. Amy was laughing away at something Dan had obviously said or done but soon emerged from the room agreeing on how it was to be recorded.

“Lex i think we have one of the dopiest drummers ever to work with.”

I laughed at the comment as Dan’s voice came through the microphones commenting that he heard that. Soon they recorded the drums and the songs were starting to sound finished. I had changed a couple of harmonies i done in bits of vocals after a short while and we just waited on Ed’s approval now.

We left the studio until tomorrow as teddy returned with Ed and Elena. Ali appeared behind us in the hallway as we headed for the living room looking very happy yet thoughtful, something that was never a good sign.

“Hey, since Amy’s now home and well and you two are getting married soon and cause we also need to celebrate the happy married couple a bit why don’t we have a good few beers, put some music on and enjoy the warm night we are having?”

I turned to smile at Ali. That did sound like a good idea and everyone else seemed to agree. Elena and ed had gone to get changed into something more comfortable and soon we were alls at on the back lawn or on the trampoline with some music playing out in the background.

I sat down beside Amy and kissing her, letting hr know i was really glad to have her back home and well again. Before long a song she enjoyed played through the speakers and in a somewhat drunken state she pulled me up dancing. We laughed as i nearly tripped up a few times but we were happy. Ed and Elena were dancing beside us before Amy and Elena danced together as if they had gone back to their school years. Me and ed had ended up dancing with each other drunkenly laughing at each other as we acted as gay as possible.

The night lasted for a while before bed seemed the sensible idea. We all helped each other to our room and before long i had Amy wrapped up in my arms again as she slept like an angel.