It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty-Seven

Elena’s POV

After the shock of knowing that me and Ed had our own place, within vicinity of checking Alex and Amy had burnt down the current house i wondered back to the hotel beside Ed. After dinner we spent the night settling out in the warm night under the stairs, the sound of the club music coming through the open glass doors of the entertainment room.

After that finished at midnight we all headed back carrying chairs onto the biggest of the balconies and all bringing beers form our mini-bars to consume. The day had been a little tiring but had also been enjoyable.

As it neared 2am the night was still incredibly warm. Me, Amy and alex were sat out on the balcony in our pyjamas with our beers, the rest of the guys in their boxers, something we had seen many times before and that we didn’t mind. Dan and Ali however were still complaining form been to hot and decided that a quick dunk in the pool would sort that out. Hoping over the wall so that they were on the stairs to the pool they stood at the side checking no-one else was around, the stripped naked and both climbed into the pool letting the water cool their bodies before climbing out and back to their rooms to get towels before returning the balcony a lot cooler.

I already had my camera and camcorder attached at my hip almost all the time, Amy had her camera and ed his camcorder and we knew that all of the holiday would be captured well. As the day started to catch up to Amy she settled on Alex’s lap her arms around his neck as they sat talking between themselves. Without them noticing i got a couple minutes video before snapping some cute pictures of them, which after been blinded by the flash first time they knew about.

Before long everyone was ready for bed and so we all headed to our individual rooms, leaving teddy and Gary to settle into the room after our balcony meeting. I was glad to have Gary with us and he seemed to be really relaxed and enjoying himself, which was good since he deserved the break.

The next day were spending just relaxing around the pool. The adult pool was pretty much empty all the time since it tended to be a family hotel. This allowed us to have more fun as a group. Gary lay on the sun-bed for a while just relaxing, head in a book, whilst the rest of us enjoyed the cool water lapping around us.

As me and amy relaxed by the side the five lads decided to have as much fun at they could. I watched on at one point as Dan and Ali decided to leg and a wing ed into the pool then Alex behind him. As the two best friends resurfaced flicking their hair around me and Amy smiled as teddy winked before pushing both Ali and Dan. Having caught them by surprise the two of them flew into the pool creating a large splash as the lifeguard, that was making sure kids kept away, clapped and laughed at the commotions.

Considering this was the first day i knew this two weeks was going to be amazing and it seems that Amy had booked a lot of activities for us all to do as well. After lunch we all headed down tot he beach again to relax and kick a football round and play volleyball for a while, knowing that the real fun started tomorrow.

*************************************
Amy’s POV

As the next morning started me and the group headed for breakfast before getting ready for a day out, the first of which started with us heading down to the main part of the beach. I had planned for a fair few activities for everyone to do and this started with banana boating.

As we got down and life vests and helmets were put on i smiled. Making sure that i warned Gary to sit at the front i made sure that Dan and Ali got sat right on the end. The worst part to sit. Once all sat and ready and with a fellow holiday maker that was going next been trusted with the less expensive camcorder we headed out further into the deep blue sea gently. Once lined up the jet ski sped off and we all clung on for dear life. As the banana started to weave and turn corners sharply screams and laughs were heard. As it turned one corner really sharp Ali and Dan were suddenly in the sea as we sped around the next corner.

Before long it was only Gary left on the boat and as he cheered thinking it was over the jet ski turned sharply sending him off into the water too as we all giggled before climbing back on. The fun continued for a little longer as games were set before heading back to the shore ready for some lunch.

After watching back over the footage on my laptop and laughing we spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing needing it. Elena and Ed were sat on the side of the pool hand in hand talking and been the romantics they are. Whereas me and alex were instead more like wrestling in the water. As i swam gently behind him i dived onto his back and he swam over me on his back hands resting on his shoulders as i kissed his cheek gently.

I knew the two weeks were going to be enjoyable and before long Gary had joined in the pool, his dinner having settled. I swam over to him as he greeted the cool water on his skin.

“I appreciate you bringing me, it’s lovely to spend time with you guys not involving work and to see what i consider my children growing up, four of which married.”

“Gary you deserve this, for all the hard work you’ve had with the five boys alone, then adding me and Elena to the mix.”

“You two girls were saviours for me, believe me.”

I laughed as e both swam back to the group all laughing and relaxing as the sun beat down onto the complex.

I also knew the next two weeks were going to be highly enjoyable with all the planned activities.

***************************************
Alex’s POV

I don’t think i could ask for a more amazing honeymoon with such an amazing wife and group of friend. As we relaxed in the pool i knew more was to come, this was Amy who had planned this and i had a feeling this morning’s activity was a gentle introduction.

As the days passed we spent an afternoon jet skiing, which i had to admit was highly funny as Dan and teddy disappeared over the surf, with Ali unable to get his started by himself at first. We also spent one of the days out on a large boat where we relaxed until we got into a certain area that was dolphin inhabited. Me and Amy and Ed and Elena found this romantic as we watched the dolphins swim around the boat. I nearly died of shock when we were given permission to get into the water and actually swim with the dolphins. The captain of the boat agreed to film footage for us and also take pictures for us, for which we paid him some extra money as a thank you. Me and Amy swam for a little hand in hand when a baby dolphin came and nudged both of us. I gently patted it’s nose and then kissed Amy, the dolphin made it’s usually clicking sound before gently nudging it’s nose against my chest, in which i kissed it’s nose two before it swam to it’s mother. I smiled as Amy loving watched me and then the dolphin, i had to admit that was amazing. Ed and Elena were feeding a couple before the instructor on board the boat each allowed us to ride on the back on a dolphin for a couple of meters.

On other days we went surfing, others were spent shopping and some we went up on tours around the island. I had to admit the one that took us up the volcanoes scared the shit out of me with how narrow the road was that the coach was going up. Visiting the huge water park there and the animal park to was amazing and we all had so much fun. We really enjoyed all activities as well as enjoying relaxing around the pool and visiting different bars where British acts were also performing.

As we sat in one bar one of our tracks stated to play as it did Amy disappeared form my side and soon the song was paused and the singer from the live band that was currently on break emerged. Me and ed were soon drafted up to perform a little acoustic version of the song which other audience members enjoyed to and smiled as we all sat there happily.

After all activities and everything and the two weeks were over i was actually sad to be heading home. Although ed and Elena were excited due to the prospect of having their own house. This meant that me and Amy would get the house to ourselves a little more since Ali, Dan and teddy tended to visit their family members on quite a few occasions. I suppose it was good practise though since speak between had risen to the topic of our own family. Something in which both of us thought was ideal.