It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Six

Two weeks had flown by since we had both arrived in Minor Manor. Me and Alex were an item as well as Ed and Elena now. The others were happy about it, seeing the two lads very happy. Over the past two weeks the band had taken us out around York loads. We had visited their favourite places and had been taken to their favourite pubs whereby we all got highly drunken and had to stumble back into the house.

Elena had already started adding to her photo collection of memories her camera always in a bag or around her neck. She spoke to Dan about camera’s a lot to since he had a fairly decent camera himself. She had also spent a lot of time talking to Ed about his camcorder and how to get the best out of it and teaching him a few tricks with editing the videos.

My sleeping pattern was still as dodgy as ever but that had become normal for me what with the usual late drunken nights and early mornings when working tours with other bands before hand and my body was prepared for the tour we would be enduring as of today.

I had been awake since 5 am watching the sun start to rise into the sky over the many fields, as i sat in the kitchen mug of coffee in my hand. Elena awoke also used to my sleeping pattern and it been like an alarm clock for her. We both knew that the band would sleep until a couple of hours before Gary was due to arrive with the tour bus and so we were prepared for the long morning ahead. Once I had finished my coffee and Elena her tea we quietly headed back upstairs to get dressed whilst Alex and Ed were still asleep under duvets. Alex’s head couldn’t even be seen he was that curled up under the duvet, which i found really cute.

Once dressed the two of us headed back downstairs with laptops and settled on the sofa happily. We had packed last night with enough clothes that should last us a couple of weeks at least before been washed, since this tour was spread over a couple of months as it was the UK and Europe we were been sent to tour. As we both sat on our laptops logging into our Facebook pages and e-mails the clicking of buttons took over the silence of the household.

We sat talking to parents for a while informing them we had settled in well and that we would get around to see them sometime after the tour we would hope, now that we lived further a field. As the hours passed by slowly i made myself another coffee and Elena another mug of tea as we continued to check everything online.

After a short while Teddy emerged fully dressed making himself a drink and a bite to eat before joining us on the sofa’s.

‘Morning, you ready to hit the road with a bunch of nutters?’

‘About as ready as i will ever be, there’s plenty of plugs on that bus isn’t there?’

‘Yeah there’s a ton due to us all having phones and laptops.’

‘Good, Elena that means you have plenty of time to charge your camera to.’

Elena nodded in response as the clicking of keys was heard on her laptop and i knew she was in some sort of hot debate with someone based no the way she was looking at the screen in thought. Teddy had no turned the TV on quietly and sat engrossed in some cookery programme.

Exactly two hours before Gary was due the rest of the band rose form their beds and headed downstairs for their breakfast and drinks before getting ready. Me and Elena headed upstairs and bought our cases and travel bags down with us ready for Gary to load them into the bus. Before he arrived i went over everything with Alex checking he had enough clothes as i knew what that lad could be like already.

Once we heard the sound of tyres on gravel knowing it was Gary turning up i headed to the front door to greet him, whilst the rest moved their lazy asses off the sofa. As i opened the front door to him he flung two passes at me.

‘One for you one for Elena, you know how vile security guys can be.’

I laughed as i placed them both into my travel bag.

‘EVERYBODY TO THE BUS!’

Gary yelled as i headed out the front door putting my case and bag onto the large red tour bus as Ed exited the house locking the door and checking it twice before himself getting on the bus. Once we were all safely on the bus and sat down, me already having my laptop positioned on my lap and headphones hung around my neck, we started the journey.

Alex placed himself beside me and arm around my neck as i sat on web cam to my younger sisters who wanted to see what i was up to. The reaction my sister gave via face expression to seeing Alex in shot was hilarious, her face showing that of disgust and horror. She typed to me whose the hairy men next to you, whilst still pulling the same face. Alex read and took offence to it as i laughed explaining he was my boyfriend. My sister nodded taking in the guy that she would no doubt have to get used to, definatly not her type of guy. My phone started to ring in my jeans pocket as i sat there and so i pulled it out to answer it. I spoke to Keith explaining we were on the road and him wishing me good luck before handing the phone over to Elena for a while who was sat the other side of Alex watching a film with Ed and Teddy. Elena spoke to Keith for a while explaining what we had been up to whilst i continued to chat on the laptop.

Once i had said goodbye to people on my laptop i opened up an old word document i had saved onto my laptop. As i started to type away, onto the work log i had kept, i heard movement in front of where i was sat. I looked up to see Dan sat right opposite me and as i noticed him he stuck his tongue out at me. I retaliated as i felt Alex’s arm tighten around my waist and him lean his head onto mine more. Dan sat there talking to me for a while having a laugh and stuff and talking about general things like best friends do, as Alex sat in silence. Something was up between these pair like they were fighting over something i just hadn’t quite been able to put my finger on what yet, one was my boyfriend, the other a best friend shouldn’t they get on?

As time drew on very slowly i looked over to see how cute Elena and Ed looked. Both of them had their eyes on the TV screen they were currently watching but Ed had one arm around Elena hugging her whilst the other hand was laced with Elena’s in his lap. You could see they were comfortable around each other just by the way they had chilled out and Teddy seemed quite happy sat watching the film with them to. Except that Ali had decided to annoy the hell out of him by throwing packets of sweets off the poor lads head. I could tell from now the next couple of months were going to be eventful and probably highly amusing for us all to.