It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-One

Elena’s POV

If there was one thing that was on replay in my mind it was the words Amy had received in the e-mail. Why was she been targeted so badly? I was good at hiding my reactions though and so Ed couldn’t tell anything. Instead of saying goodnight to anyone though Amy had just fallen asleep on the sofa curled up in a ball. It was a sign to me that it was really playing on her mind. I’d managed to cover for her when Alex had asked why she was sleeping though, explaining that she had fallen asleep watching a film.

When we arrived at the next venue and had loaded everything and set it all up the lads headed up to the dressing room. Amy however had asked if i would stay in the venue with her. I stood there as she just settled against the back wall. I sat beside her knowing my best friend was really worried about everything. We decided to just sit and talk, laughing about the simpler times we had in life, when love was something that wasn’t able to affect our lives.

Ed had soon come to find me however and had asked me to help him decide on a stage outfit for tonight. Amy had said she was going to the toilet and that she would be up soon that she just needed five minutes to gather her head together. I nodded knowing from the look in her eyes that she would be ok.

I headed upstairs with Ed and soon took to rummaging through his bag as we found out different clothes he could wear onstage. After finally finding an outfit i settled down on the floor opening up my laptop making sure my camera had enough space for photo’s form tonight as well and also making sure the camcorder had enough memory to.

Alex was asleep on the sofa, he would need the energy for tonight and Dan had gone to meet his girlfriend Abby outside the venue. I had decided to go and find amy since she still hadn’t returned.

*******************************
Dan’s POV

After meeting Abby outside i headed into the venue with her. As we went to head to the steps up to the dressing room i spotted a pair of familiar battered converse poking out slightly from the stairwell. It was as i started to walk closer Abby watching in confusion as i heard sobbing.

As i quietly poked my head around the corner Abby now having moving slightly closer i saw Amy’s head buried into folded arms. She obviously hadn’t heard me because she still hadn’t looked up. I gently knelt down beside her gently placing my hand on hers.

Amy slowly looked up and hastily wiped at the tears that were staining her face, her eyes red at the edge. I pulled her into my arms quickly, pulling her more or less into my lap as i sat down on the floor.

“amy, what’s up. Why are you so upset, what’s happened?”

She said nothing as i pulled her into my chest letting her just cry gently against me. I looked up through my long blonde fringe and could see Abby looking rather pissed off. I said nothing though, Amy was my best friend and something must of happened for her emotions to get like this. She was tough at the best of time, even when injured she just dealt, only serious circumstances had her in tears. I knew i just had to look out for her knowing Alex was probably still sleeping upstairs.

****************************
Elena’s POV

As i got down the stairs i could see Abby stood on her own staring further down the corridor. She hadn’t seen me on the stairs and so i stepped a little closer to the rail in order to see down the corridor. There on the floor i could Amy, in tears, pulled against Dan’s chest. Dan was sat there hugging her trying to reassure her and stop her tears.

As i looked back over to Abby i could see the annoyance in her face as she just stared on at the two. It was clear she could see the caring nature Dan had for amy still, that was something that had to be dealt with that was clear but still it was his best friend and she was upset.

I decided to make it clear that i was there then, loudly continuing down the stairs and turning and speeding up to Amy and Dan as if i hadn’t seen anything. As i come to stop kneeling down i paced a hand on Amy’s back. I knew what had got to her but i knew not to tell Dan.

As i tried to tell Dan that i would take care of amy now he assured me it was fine. That he would take her somewhere quieter and calm her down. I nodded as Dan kindly asked Abby if she would mind meeting up with him after he knew everything was ok. She nodded and quietly left the venue through the side door near to us.

As Amy pulled away from Dan, half mumbling that he should go with Abby she got to her feet. Dan however was defiant and went with amy upstairs. I decided to leave them be knowing Amy would get herself out of it perfectly fine. I instead decided i would go and fetch some coffee for Alex and Amy, needed the fresh air myself.

I stepped out onto the sunlit street and strolled along happily. As the hustle and bustle of a nearby street could be heard i could see the coffee shop sign. Heading in i picked up their favourite coffee’s and soon started to make my way back to the venue. I smiled taking in the old buildings that i was walking past within the city. I always did appreciate seeing new places.

As i got closer to the venue i had an eerie feeling. I felt like i should turn back now as if i was about to walk into some form of danger. At the same time however i thought nothing of it. I continued walking and hastily walked into the venue but couldn’t escape the feeling of been watched.

Handing the coffee’s to the two love birds i settled down. It seemed like it was one of those weird days where something plays on your mind. I settled down happily into the arms of ed as we sat laughing at Ali’s attempt at break dancing. If there was one thing i found funny it was Ali attempted to do the worm and looking more like he was trying to kiss the floor.

I could hear the shower running in the next room and noted that Dan was the only one missing and presumed he was showering ready for the show. I then felt a text come through on my phone and opened it to see a message of amy asking me to talk with her outside.

I got up kissing Ed before heading out the door. Amy joined me in the corridor and we headed down to the end of it out of earshot from the dressing room door. She explained that the e-mail was really playing on her mind earlier but she wished Dan hadn’t of done what he did. She knew it had pissed of Abby and she wanted Dan to be happy and not jeopardise his relationships.

As we spoke Amy’s phone started to ring. As she picked it up she looked confused but then started walking towards the stairs stating that the phone line was really bad. I joined her and we both ended up stood by the stage doors. I could tell that the phone line was still breaking up and we moved further into the street.

As we stood there Amy’s face changed to confusion as she checked who it was calling. As she pulled the phone from her ear to look at it i was pulled backwards violently. I stretched out my hand and clasped hands with Amy as we were both silenced. I had pulled my eyes shut not wanting to know what was going on as my feet were dragged further down a uneven pathway.

As we came to a stop i could feel Amy’s body thrashing more against whoever had pulled us and as i opened y eyes noticed that we were in some dark and enclosed space. As i half glanced over to Amy i saw a cloth forced into her face and after mere minutes of wriggling she fell still. I knew exactly what had been used, having watched CSI many a time was proving a little helpful it seemed.

I decided that just sitting still and playing along would maybe benefit me best right now. I was kind of the only chance me and Amy had since she had managed to piss off whoever it was that was know behind us dressed all in black.

It was then that i started thinking back to the e-mail, it had said within 48 hours. What if that feeling of been watched I’d had wasn’t just my mind playing tricks on me, maybe this person had been watching us, knew I’d seen the mail as well, maybe they knew i was someone who could work out their plan and that i had to go to.

It seemed like the battle Amy had been determined to win was left to me to win now, unless she came around again before we were endangered by anything. I crossed my fingers as i sat there, thinking on what defences i had to my advantage in this situation, i wasn’t the strongest but i knew a few defence mechanisms. I also knew how easy it was for someone to knock themselves out, i had an accident prone best friend tat had learnt the worst spots to bang your head over the previous years.

I could swear you would need more than three sheets of a4 paper to list each incident that had amy bundled up in a vehicle and on her way tot he nearest A&E department.