It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-Two

Elena’s POV

As i sat in the dark and now silent room i let my mind wander. My eyes fixed on the blackness that was in front of me, I wondered if Ed was wondering where i had gotten to, he could be rather protective now after everything that happened to us last time. It was as if he knew because at that second my phone started to ring loud making me jump and probably the kidnapper to.

I was ordered to answer it and explain that Amy had needed some air after earlier to clear her mind. Ed seemed to understand and said he would explain to Gary, who was capable of running the sound check himself. After that my phone was confiscated from me. I wish i could of hinted at something but there was no way of risking anything.

It must of been a few hours now and quite frankly i was bored, nothing was going on and i could of been doing better things with my time. I know i can’t really say anything since I’ve been kidnapped, i probably should be grateful nothings happening but it was boring to.

Amy was starting to stir quietly beside me and as she groggily sat up she looked somewhat relieved to see me sat beside her. I half smiled as she focused more but it seems she had learnt to not fight against the kidnapper now, luckily.

It seemed the kidnapper had noticed Amy awaken to though and a dim light was thrown over us, the kidnapper still dressed all in black, their face covered. The slim build of the person gave the impression it was female though strangely enough.

*****************************************
Amy’s POV

As i awoke from what had seemed to be a very long sleep i looked up and was grateful to see Elena’s face near me. As my eyes slowly focused a dim light was lit. Looking around i could see that whoever was holding us was dressed all in black, face covered and was very skinny in build.

“Glad to see your awake Amy.”

I just stared up looking rather confused.

“If you remember well, you and Elena here both read an e-mail warning you about your next 48 hours. That time is here and you have 5 hours left to live your life. Although if you manage to escape you will be fine, however i shall be making that more difficult for you.”

Me and Elena stayed silent our eyes locking with each other as panic set over us. I heard the movement of more footsteps and mere seconds later my face was covered with a cloth again. Within minutes my body started to fall still and i lapsed into unconsciousness once more, Elena in the same state this time.

As my eyes finally started to open there was a vibrant red clock sat directly in front of me. As i tried to get up i noticed ropes and chains were keeping me in place and started to struggle slightly. The clock then beeped leaving 1 hour left on the time. As i looked more at the clock i noticed a wire leading from it, following it in the dim light i noticed it led to what was a hand made bomb. The only think running through my mind was Shit.

As i scanned the wooden panelling that surrounded us i noticed that we were now alone, we were been left to die, blown into tiny fragments in exactly 60 minutes.

“Elena, you awake, Elly?”

“yeah, we screwed aren’t we ?”

“I’m not sure, i can see the keys but it looks like we have to work together to get to them.”

I decided strategy was a way of getting around this now and so started to move and see what chains were attached to what. I was able to move my arms so they were chained up in front of me instead and Elena soon followed suit. The only issues was the chains holding us in place were bolted to the floor. It was then that i felt something in my pocket. Realising it was my phone i hastily got it out phoning Alex. Please let him pick up was the line running through my head as the line rung out.

I was glad when the familiar voice of my husband echoed through the receiver.

“Amy, where are you are you ok, you with Elena.?”

“Lex calm down, we are in a sort of pickle, we got kidnapped and well we have 50 minutes before we get blown up.”

The phone lien went silent and i honestly thought he had hung up.

“Lex, Lex, Alex you there???”

“Sorry was filling Ed in, your on speaker, can you describe where you are?”

“We have no clue we are surrounded by wooden panelling as though it’s some sort of large wooden box style thing, it was too dark when we were pulled back from outside the venue. We scared Alex, I’m willing to admit that much.”

“Are you able to move around in the move?”

“No, we are chained up and chained to the floor, we can’t get free and the timer is ticking away steadily.”

“we are coming Amy, we will phone you when we get out to where you were taken roughly.”

The phone line went dead and i just hoped and prayed they were quick enough. Whilst they hunted me and Elena had to try and free ourselves though. I was able to swing my body around so that i was facing Elena head on. The worry was set across both our faces as i glanced back at the clock again.

“Elena turn around and i will try undo the rope on us first, see where that gets us.”

Elena turned her back to me and i fiddled at the rope that bound her wrists but was fastened at the small of her back, this would be the easy parts the chains however were something of another matter. As i managed to untie the rope Elena pulled her hands apart and i swung back so she could undo mine to. Once free i looked down moving the various chains that were tying my ankles and legs to the bottom of this wooden box, as it seemed.

As i pulled at them i couldn’t see anyway of them coming lose and they were thick links. As i looked up at the clock i felt sweat start to slowly run down my forehead, why was it getting so hot in here?

“Amy I’m getting really hot, what’s happening?”

“I don’t know but i feel the heat to, it’s making it difficult to breathe. We need to try and work we have forty minutes.”

I watched as Elena turned around some form of ledge at the back of the box housed her mobile and something that could possibly reach the keys from where we were stuck. My mobile then started to ring. As i quickly picked it up i was grateful to hear Alex’s voice although it was panicked and out of breath.

“We think we’ve found you but we can’t find a way in, the thing has been sealed, its and old lorry. I’m going to yell let me know i you can hear me or any of us infact.”

I pulled the phone from my ear and was met by the sound of distant yelling. Placing the phone back to my ear i let alex know i could hear them in the distance. This fact had Elena working faster on getting to those keys. She had lay flat out on the floor and slid along toward the table as far as she could, by doing this if she outstretched her arm she was able to grab the pull out ledge.

Working quickly she tipped it allowed a wooden beam to roll off as well as her phone, using the beam i was able to aim for the keys. Once i had knocked them to the floor i dragged them along and to us, the keys were all the same but you could guarantee only one fitted each lock.

As i tried the keys i found one of my keys Elena finding one for her to. As we worked away we didn’ realise how quickly the time seemed to be going. As Elena unlocked my last lock and we both stood up i heard a couple of hands against the wooden panelling. Elena phoned Ed as i tried to wipe the constant sweat from my face. I could hear Ed’s voice through the panelling letting the guys know he’d found the right lorry.

I placed my hand against the panel Elena quickly following suit, as we got to the edge of it we pushed but it didn’t move at all. I ran a finger down the edge and could feel a rubbery substance against the edging, the person had used a similar material to that of glue and tar to weld the edges together. It was then that i heard Dan’s phone ring.

Elena placed her ear to the wood listening to the call.

“his so called girlfriend, it was her. I recognise her cocky voice in the phone. Maybe she didn’t like how close Dan was to you, and maybe alex was her favourite, maybe she used Dan.?”

A low growl rumbled through my throat before i nodded staring straight at the wood in front of us.

“We are going to have to charge it, we have ten minutes else we are fried human and that stuff around the seams will not budge at all.”

Elena just nodded as she looked around for some form of weapon to help break what seemed to be rather thick panelling. I yelled through for the guys to stand well back incase the thing blew or incase we got through the wood. A faint yell of OK meant i was ready to run full force at the panel.

As i backed up i noticed Elena had picked up the pole i had used to get the keys. Striking it directly in the centre of the panel a thin splinter ran along the striking point as the wood snapped in half.

“Got us a starting point at least”

I nodded as i threw my whole body at the panel. The splinter grew a little wider and i smiled as Elena took to using her feet. She’d had some kickboxing training as a kid and i knew she was pretty good. As she struck the panel a louder crack sent the splinter the whole length of the panel and a smile broke out. As she swung one more kick i threw my whole body at the panel again shielding my eyes incase any wood broke off into my face.

As i hit the panel a huge crack built in the centre. It wouldn’t take us long now to get through but we had exactly three minutes to move. Elena struck the wood with her food again and a whole appeared letting a narrow beam of natural light into the lorry. I stood beside her as both of us kicked the wood one last time. The wood broke apart spraying small fragments everywhere and shocking us both causing us to fall to the ground.

As we scrambled to our feet we started to run towards the guys as the truck bed blew. The explosion rippled through the air and sent both of us back to our feet a few yards away from the explosion. The others had all ducked to as dust filled my lungs and stung my eyes. I could hear Elena coughing as bits of wood metal and brick from a nearby derelict building started to hit the floor. Wood was showering over the guys to as me and Elena slowly headed towards them the debris settling onto the floor.

Sirens were soon echoing through the still air as i pulled myself to my feet running int the arms of Alex and Dan. Ed had ran to Elena and assisted her to where everyone else stood, breathing a sigh of relief. As i stood back looking into the eyes of alex and Dan i could tell from their reaction i was for one filthy and secondly probably coated in many scratches, as i trend to Elena and hugged her with relief i took in her appearance.

Her clothes were stained with soot and dust and dirt form the floor, her face coated in various little scratches but her one arm was bleeding worse. It seemed that could need a couple of stitches as i checked myself over. Shockingly i was unscathed form serious injury as two police cars halted nearby and uniformed officers ran over to us.

This was certainly one tale to tell, but i was grateful we knew the culprit. I could defiantly say this was one thing to occur in the middle of a tour.

“ ladies are you ok?”

“Just minor cuts apart form the wound to my friend arm officer.”

“we want you both taken to hospital to be checked over still.”

I nodded as i sat down on the pavement catching my breath back more. Looked like we were getting a lift to the local A&E department this tour to.