It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-Eight

Ed’s POV

Emerging from the maternity ward i headed down the fairly quiet corridor. Grabbing a cup of not very nice tea from the machine i headed towards the waiting room. Stepping in i saw Amy holding Caleb as eh watched out the window. Alex was half asleep beside them as the others looked up at me.

“We have a baby girl, named Angel Rae Minton”

“congrats Ed, you will be an amazing dad.”

Teddy had been the first to congratulate me before Amy stood up Caleb now in Alex’s arms as she hugged me and congratulated me. Dan smiling as he commented don having a nephew and a niece to play with. I smiled telling them that Elena was resting and that after lunch they could come see Angel and Elena.

I left the group to go and grab something to eat while i headed back to Elena and Angel. I settled down in a chair the two of them both fast asleep. As i looked down on angel in the crib i took a picture on my phone smiling as she lay there. She really was beautiful and i couldn’t believe she was mine.

Leaving them to sleep i headed outside to phone my parents to let them know that they were grandparents to a gorgeous granddaughter. They were in love with her name as well and couldn’t wait to meet her. I then phoned Elena’s mum on behalf of her and informed her to. She was so cheerful down the phone and informed us she would visit tomorrow afternoon after we had gotten back home. I text Gary to who said he already received a text of Amy and was just leaving for the hospital now, i laughed to myself before heading inside to grab a sandwich and head back to the room.

As i got in the room Elena was awake again Angel lay in her arms drinking her tiny hand in a fist resting against her mum. I sat down by the bed smiling at Elena as Angel decided she was full.

I informed Elena that the others would be arriving soon and she seemed glad that were seeing Angel fairly soon, she was a truly proud mother and had a right to be to. I kissed Elena gently before kissing angel’s head, she was soon in my arms instead of Elena’s however and lay against me gently, watching me for a little while before falling asleep again.

******************************************

Amy’s POV

As i finished feeding Caleb, this time him not throwing it thankfully i cleaned him up ready to go see Elena. He outstretched his hands wanting to be picked up and so i took him into my arms leaving alex to push the empty pushchair after putting the highchair away. As we headed off alongside the others Gary met us in the corridor a huge smile attached to his face as he started to lead the way to the ward.

As we got there i was talking to Caleb in typical adult to baby language, receiving a couple of giggles from Ali as i did so.

“We going to go see the baba? Caleb going to see the baba?”

As we stepped into the room i smiled seeing Ed sat on the edge of the bed Angel in his arms and Elena watching and smiling as we all quietly stepped in. I walked over hugging her with one hand before peering over at Angel.

Caleb was still in my arm and as i looked over admiring how beautiful angel was and again congratulating them both Caleb shocked both me and alex. His eyes were fixed on Angel his little hand pointing at her before he spoke the word ‘baba’. I was taken aback for a second but soon restored myself.

“Yeah Caleb, that’s baba. Well done.”

I smiled upon hearing Caleb speak his first word as alex placed an arm on my hip as he kissed Caleb’s head.

“that’s daddy’s little man, who’s a clever little Caleb?”

I hugged Caleb a little before sharing a kiss with Alex, which was then parted my Caleb patting my cheek for him to have some attention to. I rolled my eyes at Alex who smiled.

“Guess you pair will be sharing my attention a lot more now.”

“Angel is gorgeous El, I’m happy for you both.”

I smiled upon seeing grandpa Gary taking Angel in his arms and rocking her gently as he wondered over to the window. I watched as Elena’s eyes traced the route Gary took her own face smiling as she watched Gary take to Angel like a duck to water. It was so sweet watching them, although we soon had to leave knowing visiting hours were up.

*************************************
Elena’s POV

As i sat in the car heading for home i was glad. Finally back into the cottage where me and Ed could spend some alone time with Angel and start to have fun with the sleepless nights.

As i got in and settled on the sofa Ed went to fetch the moses basket and some fresh clothes for Angel. I got her changed before setting up the camera on the side getting a picture of the three of us on our first hour home knowing my mum would take some more for us later on.

I placed angel in her basket before cuddling up to Ed on the sofa. My head rested against his shoulder as i smiled proud of everything we had done for ourselves, starting our own family definitely topping that list. Kissing his soft lips and snuggling up to him for a few hours was pure bliss until mum arrived.

When mum did finally arrive Angel was again awake and as Ed held her i answered the door. I was greeted by a huge hug and congratulations of my mum as she followed me into the living room. As soon as she set eyes upon Angel my mum’s face was glowing.

“She is absolutely gorgeous, well done you pair I’m so proud of us.”

I smiled a Ed stood up letting my mum hold her as he picked up my camera from the side snapping few pictures.

“Enough of granny, let me get some lovely ones of you three for around the house?”

I smiled and soon followed mum’s demand as i held Angel, Ed sitting beside me on the sofa and getting some with Angel in Ed’s arms to. I smiled as we flicked through them knowing the next project was getting some of us all as a group when the other’s came to visit.

The three of us sat in the living room for a while talking, my mum popping out to the car returning with a handful of presents for Angel, including some toys, a teddy and some clothes for her. I thanked mum as angel again slept after some food and me and ed were cuddled. We chatted for ages catching up on everything mum informing me on how work was going and how she would love to see Caleb to. We continued talking for a while before mum had to leave again and get home. Once she was gone me, Ed and angel were heading up the stairs and settling down for bed, angel in her crib before me ad Ed snuggled up in bed together, for a few hours at least.