It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Seventy

Ed’s POV

Two years had quickly flown by, the band had toured twice within this time leaving the girls at home to be mothers, the tours only lasting three weeks each time though and a couple of one day gigs apart from that.

I couldn’t believe Angel was fast approaching her 2nd birthday already, Caleb already 2 years of age. That stage at which Alex and Amy had no chance to sit down til the kid slept either. Now that he had found his feet he was running around the house trying to find anywhere to hide.

Angel know had beautiful black hair her dark eyes always with a glint in them of mischief but happiness. She was the perfect little girl and was growing up so well. I had become the protective dad watching the more active Caleb as he played beside angel now making sure he didn’t her, making sure Angel was happy but also safe.

At the current moment in time she was sat on the living room rug, a few toys surrounding her as she occupied herself in the cottage, Elena watching her whilst i decided a cup of tea was required. Heading off towards the kitchen i couldn’t help but smile as i passed the pictures f angel and the three of us and mine and Elena’s wedding day as i made my way through. I honestly did have the perfect life i could ask for, an amazing family and amazing friends and the career i loved.

As i made the tea my phone started to ring, i answered it fairly quickly seeing my mother in law’s name flash up on the screen. I was soon greeted by a happy voice and the sound of traffic. It didn’t take long before i had put the phone down and informed Elena that her mum was on the way to visit and that she had a missed call on her phone, which she had no doubt left upstairs and not realised.

I placed my drink on a high side that angel couldn’t reach or knock before settling onto the sofa. I pulled Elena closer to my side resting my head on top of hers as she rested onto my shoulders, a smile on her face. It didn’t take long for Angel to turn around and see the two of us and want to join for family cuddles. She crawled over to the sofa with ease before standing beside her one arm outstretched the other making sure she kept balance.

I lifted her up holding her above me with two arms before starting to blow raspberries on her stomach making her high pitched laugh ring out throughout the living room. I soon placed her stood upright between my legs as she decided to climb directly in the middle of me and Elena i smiled as i watched Elena. She pulled a face at angel before laughing saying cheeky girl and starting to tickle little Angel, who again descended into giggles. The three of us sat cuddled up for a while before Elena’s mum arrived, bearing a new gift for Angel, even though she had enough toys already.

*************************************
Amy’s POV

I never thought a two and a half year boy could wear so many people so quickly, Caleb had decided he wanted to prove me wrong though. Throughout the past two days me, alex and dan had all been warn out by 9 pm when Caleb was tucked up in bed fast asleep. He had become so mischievous now that he could get around on his feet that i had found him under the kitchen table the one day decorating the floor in a bag of flour he had pulled out of a cupboard. Least to say anything he could open was now in a child proof cupboard and most had lock mechanisms on them to.

As he too his afternoon nap on the sofa i sprawled myself out on the other sofa. Flicking the TV onto a low level as i let it run in the background. Alex was tidying up part of the house with the help of dan before the two of those came to join me. Alex pulling me towards him until i decided i was going to lie with my head in his lap, Dan gaining my feet across his legs. I let out a slight yawn as i lay there, ready for bed already myself.

As i lay there i decided i needed a night to relax a little and pulled my phone from my pocket ringing my mum. I knew that she would be more than willing to have Caleb for a few hours tonight allowing me and alex to have a few hours to just relax on our own. As i arranged it over the phone alex seemed to understand what i was sorting out and seemed to agree a few hours would be nice, something we hadn’t had without been two tired in at least 6 months.

As 7 pm approached my mum’s car rolled into the driveway, Caleb was awake by now and ready and waiting to head to gran’s for a few hours. I made sure he was in the car alright and waved them off thanking my mum as dan to left the house and letting us know he would come round again soon.

Closing the front door i turned into Alex’s arms and hugged him, kissing his lips gently as we shared a long hug. Once we parted the two of us headed upstairs decided that a nice long soak in the bath would be relaxing before cuddling up for a few hours peacefully. Just the sound of the water running and the sound of slow classical music was relaxing me enough as Alex massaged the back of my neck gently before kissing my collar bone gently as the bath was ready.

The bath was great and been able to sit there wit my husband and just talk quietly and also sit there and listen to the music was great after so long without a night to fully spent together. Afterwards i got into some comfy clothes that i was able to go and fetch Caleb in at half 11. Me and alex headed downstairs, and because of it been such a warm night out onto the decking in the garden. The two of us sat on the step’s of the decking, alex placing his arm around me as the smell of fresh summer air lingered in our noses, the sun setting nicely over the fields and turning into a pinkish colour before darkening.

It was pitch black by the time we came back indoors having watched the stars appear in the inky black sky before the air turned a little too cool and we decided to head indoors. The rest of the hour and half we had left we spent relaxing on the sofa just lay in each other’s arms, before we headed out to pick up our son, who had fallen asleep after a tiring evening out.

****************************
Elena’s POV

Now that it was closer to angel’s birthday me and ed had started planning her birthday party, the plan was to jut have a small gathering in the back garden with a barbeque if the weather was right and if not just having it in the house. The past 2 years had flown past quicker than nay other and i couldn’t believe my little girl was growing up, however i had another worry on my mind before that.

I had been e-mailed Gary who had informed that eh needed me to travel down to London and stay there for a week and a half. There was a photography job he had gotten me assigned to do with doing some shoot’s for new up and coming artists. I agreed to it knowing full well Ed would be fine with angel and that i would be back for a few days over her birthday before heading back down for another week.

I had already packed up some belongings to take but i knew i would miss my husband and daughter so much, i hadn’t yet spent anytime away from Ed and angel on my own and i knew that it would be hard for me to go so long without seeing them, well what seemed so long anyway.

Until the day i left in three days time i would help with birthday preparations as best as i could and then help Ed out over the phone, although i had already asked Amy if she would mind helping him get stuff organised to which she happily agreed to.

The day i left however it took me a while, i hugged angel tight in my arms as Gary placed my bag in the car before hugging and kissing Ed goodbye to and climbing into the passenger seat of Gary’s car. I waved as the car pulled off before sending a message to Ed informing i missed and loved the two of them so much.