It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Seventy-Two

Elena’s POV

It seemed like i was heading back to London sooner than i would of liked. My bags were sat beside the door as Angel sat in my arms happily as we stood on the doorstep, Gray informing me he was on his way ten minutes ago. I felt Ed’s hand on my hip and i lent into him, wishing i didn’t have to go back down that instead i could stay here.

Gary arrived sooner than i hoped however and i was soon loading my bags into the trunk of his car before heading back to the door. I kissed Angel’s head as she wrapped her little arms around my neck.

“Love Mommy, see soon.”

I smiled as she just about managed to get the words out as Ed swapped arms with her so that he to could say goodbye.

“Look after yourself, i will miss you and will count down the days til you return.”

I smiled hugging Ed tight and kissing his lips, before lingering and sharing another longer kiss with him and again kissing Angel’s head before getting into the car. I greeted Gary as i climbed into the passenger seat of the car and pulled the door shut. I waved out the window until we rounded the corner that led out the narrow lane our house was on.

The journey down to London didn’t seem as long this second trip, probably because i was eager to get there and get the work done and head back. We were soon in the familiar bustling streets, the traffic jams and sounds of car horns constantly erupting from every angle. The constant smell of pollution filling my lungs, as we headed for the photo studio we were meeting one of the bands in after lunch.

I was in a way glad Gary had kept me so busy whilst down here because it gave me less time to actually sit down and start thinking of how much i missed Ed and Angel. As i worked through the shoots, heading into an old warehouse for some on location shots and also heading to a few flat rooftops as well. The band worked well and complied with everything i asked for the shots. At the end as the band chilled for a bit Gary looked through the shots and smiled seeing that they all looked as he put it amazing. I smiled glad and allowed the week to carry on progressively, the only time really getting upset about missing Ed and angel was when i was in my hotel room of a night.

The week seemed to fly by and soon it was Monday, the day before i finally headed home. Gary had left the hotel early since he had to personally pick the next artist for photo’s up from their house, i insisted i would be perfectly fine catching the underground to the studio and after a fair amount of persuasion Gary agreed to allow me go on my own.

As i entered the station i purchased a ticket allowing me to travel up two stops before i would get off and walk 5 minutes up the road to the studio. I headed down the stairs within the large amount of tourists and business people as i headed for the train. I quickly hopped aboard not wanting to be one of those people that got caught within the doors by jumping on a little to late.

As i found myself a small corner to stand in the tube continued to fill up and even when full more people decided they were going to squash in. I was soon sardined into the corner with a tall male with the smell of death lingering off him and a women with a screaming child in her arms. As i stood there i honestly could of killed both people. As the warning for the doors sounded the kid seemed to get even louder with it’s consistent crying and i was actually grateful i had my iPod with me and also that Angel wasn’t like that.

The tube soon started to move and i was grateful to be getting off in a few stops time, that was if i could get out of the corner i was confined within. As we reached the first stop on my journey i shuffled along with those getting off and allowed myself to stand nearer to the doors and gratefully away from the male that stunk of death and the annoying child. I was now stood next to man in a black suit, a briefcase held in his hand as he looked around a little. Opposite me was a Chinese girl around my own age, as i looked over to her she caught my eye and crossed the little floor space to me as she pulled out a map.

“Excuse me Miss, I’m heading her but I’m not sure if i am heading in the right direction or what stop i need.”

I took in the map as more people surrounded us as they climbed aboard.

“It’s at the same time i get off don’t worry, if you get off with me i shall point you in the right direction.”

I smiled as the Chinese girl nodding seeming pleased that someone had actually helped her to find the place in which she was heading.

Before long the doors to the tube closed and the tube slowly started to move away. The next stop was a bit more of a distance to travel but wasn’t to bad. As i spoke to the Chinese girl a little the tube jolted to a halt as a loud bang occurred.

I had fallen to the ground along with a few other people at the sudden stop and quickly brushed myself off standing up and helping those around me up. I looked around to see everyone else wearing confused expressions to, that was until a loud bang erupted two carts down. The force of the explosion sent people flying backwards and caused all the glass to smash. My ears were ringing at the loudness of the explosion as i tried to pull myself up.

I tried to use my hand but found it to be in agonising pain to move let alone put pressure on. I just about managed to get myself up using one hand the Chinese girl i had been talking to just managing to get up to. I started to help a few other people to their feet as well as smoke filled the whole carriage. There were others badly injured and a lot of bleeding wounds not just broken bones. Two males had pulled the doors open and people were starting to run off the carriage and down to the platform that we weren’t far from. I helped the elderly off before me the Chinese girl helping to.

As we both worked to help others along with another few males who weren’t to seriously injured either i could feel heat hit me from where the explosion had come from. Me and one of the men headed further down towards the source of the heat to find others that needed help. Children and their parents were helped towards the open doors and to escape from the explosion.

As i looked into the other carriage i could see more people, some seeming to be motionless bodies, had the blast killed them? I pulled the door apart with my good hand and headed in, the heat stronger now, my body sweating as the sound and smells of burning hit my senses. I helped those that were struggling directing them to where it was best to escape. I knelt down beside one male of around thirty lay on the floor a bad wound to his leg and stomach. As i placed my fingers to his neck i couldn’t find a pulse at all. My heart sank at the upset that he hadn’t made it from the explosion.

I continued to help those that had survived and move them towards safety as the Chinese girl and the other male joined me. The Chinese girl helped to assist a male with what could be guessed at a broken ankle up to the doors acting like crutch to him. As i looked on into the next carriage i could see the fire burning and growing more fierce, i just hoped others had survived further down the other carriage to. As i turned to head back, having helped the last surviving to escape from that carriage i saw the Chinese girls face in that of horror.

She was yelling something but i couldn’t hear her, my ears were still ringing bad from the first explosion. As she moved backwards and i continued to walk a force hit my back sending me further forwards. It was from that force that everything seemed to hit slow motion.

My body flew through the air and i felt it collide with something hard and sharp. The second i hit that floor i felt myself go weak as a burning pain seared through my whole body. I couldn’t move as i felt my head grow ever lighter, the pain seeming to fade as well as my senses.

The last thing i felt was the hands of someone trying to move me a little before lying me back down, was i badly injured and the way i was preventing me getting worse. It was after that thought that the thoughts of Ed and Angel and Gary came into my mind. They didn’t know i was hurt, i hadn’t said goodbye to them, i didn’t want to, this was to early to say goodbye to everyone. It was after this that my body and mind fell into complete unconsciousness, or was it death?