It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Seventy-Nine

Alex’s POV

I couldn’t believe that in just a few days time i was due to become a father once more. Amy’s stomach had grown seemingly bigger than the time she was carrying Caleb and was constantly getting back ache from the extra weight. Caleb had been golden as always though, sitting and watching TV with his mum his hand normally resting on the bump waiting for his sibling to kick.

Ed and angel were coming to visit later today as well. I was looking forward to sitting and chatting with Ed for a while it had been a good week since i had last seen him. Recently he had one of those week’s where he just wanted some time with angel to himself and it was something everyone understood.

Dan had spent the night around ours last night and as i currently sat watching TV with Caleb and amy i heard his heavy footsteps on the stairs. Before long he had squashed up onto the one sofa with us all eating a piece of toast before Caleb had crawled over me to sit on his lap. I smiled as Caleb had a conversation with Dan as i laced my arm around Amy’s shoulder’s my own hand resting on her stomach as we shared a kiss.

As lunch time arrived the door went as Ed and angel arrived and i greeted Ed in my normal fashion. He smiled as he stepped into the house before following me to the living room, Angel sat in his arms, her own arms laced around her dad’s neck lovingly. Ed placed hr on the living room rug where Caleb was sat eye’s transfixed on his favourite cartoon for now. I heard Dan shout a hello from the kitchen where he was helping Amy make the drinks whilst i settled onto the sofa Ed settling down to.

“How you been?”

“Good, fighting strong liek she would of wanted. Angel is doing really well her speech is really good now I’m so proud, and she is good as gold always. How’s Amy coping?”

“Glad to hear it and she’s good, her back ache is worse this time around but she seems bigger to me so that’s no surprise, i think she’s pretty excited now though.”

“From i heard everyone is, even angel is looking forward to seeing the new baby she asks me most mornings if Aunty Amy is at the hospital today.”

I laughed and continued talking to ed as dan joined the two kids on the floor. Amy settled on the other sofa settling with her feet up for a while before the sound of Caleb and angel’s laughs started to echo of the walls as we all turned to see Dan tickling them both as they wriggled on the floor. If there was one thing i really loved it had to be their laughs they just seemed to make the room so much more joyful.

The rest of the day seemed to fly past as teddy and Ali also appeared around the house for a couple hours. For an hour or so me, Ed and Ali headed to the studio to get a little bit of writing done for some new material whilst Dan, teddy and May stayed watching the kids. Before long though it was 10pm.

As i returned to the living room i smiled to see Amy and Caleb both fast asleep on the sofa, Ali also asleep on the rug with Caleb’s blanket flung over his shoulders and Angel asleep head on a cushion beside him. Teddy was sat engrossed in some film he found on the TV and it was only my voice that disturbed the peace.

I quickly snapped photo’s of the four fast asleep before Ed took Angel into his arms as Ali awoke. Ed thanked Ali and teddy but left Amy asleep and said goodnight before heading back home to put a warn out angel into bed. Dan asked if he could stay until amy gave birth and i agreed that was fine. It soon turned out that tonight Ali and teddy were also staying the night in their old bedrooms not having the energy to go home now and so they all headed up.

I gently picked Caleb up into my arms his head resting onto my shoulders as i gently shook Amy’s arm and she started to stir.

“Come on darling, Ali, dan and teddy are staying the night, well dan until you give birth. Let’s head to bed now you look drained.”

************************************
Dan’s POV

After staying at Alex and Amy’s for the past three night’s it seemed today was finally the day. Amy had been taken into hospital and her water’s having broken not long after she had gotten there. I was pretty excited to see their new child and had my camera ready to get some pictures of their first moment’s since amy had asked me to. I was also the one in charge of phoning everyone and letting them know the sex and name of the child and what times they could visit.

Me and alex were currently running around the house getting Caleb’s stuff ready and him dressed before we left and headed for the hospital to. Upon arriving we found the maternity ward and alex disappeared into the room leaving me sat on the bench outside with Caleb for now.

“What you hoping for? A little brother or sister.”

“A sister, so i can be her big brother and protect her when she needs it.”

I smiled as Caleb sat just waiting for his dad to reappear form the door. Alex did appear and said that Amy was still in labour. I decided that me and Caleb would go get some lunch at the hospital cafe whilst we waited to hear on the news of amy and the new arrival.

A couple hours later, with me and Caleb having gone for a walk outside and we were back outside the room amy was in. It didn’t take too long before Alex finally appeared looking a little unwell but at least he was walking this time. As he stepped over he took caleb from my arms smiling.

“Come on then little man, mum’s just been moved to the ward where you go see your new little sister.”

I was stood beside alex as i turned to see Caleb little face light up even more.

“I have what i wished for, I’m going to protect her and be a good big brother.”

I watched Alex’s face grow into a smile as he kissed his son on the cheek heading up the corridor to the room he was told amy would now be settled into. As we stepped in i looked around spotting Amy’s red hair and a small bundle in her arm’s. She looked tired but also so happy.

I allowed alex and Caleb to see the new arrival first, alex sitting Caleb in the chair beside the bed before taking the baby from amy and helping Caleb to hold his little sister as i started to snap some photo’s of them.

“So what’s this beautiful little thing’s name going to be then?”

“Aoife.”

Amy responded to me with Alex nodding as Caleb repeated the name his eyes not moving from his little sister. As we stood in their i snapped more pictures of amy and alex each holding Aoife before getting some of the four of them to. After i had held her in my arms for a little bit to i headed outside to go and phone everyone and inform them of the new arrival.

Once i was finished i returned to the room to see Amy and Aoife both asleep in their beds as so informed alex everyone was coming to visit tomorrow afternoon all at once. Alex nodded and i said goodbye telling him i would head back to the house and tidy it all up for him as a thank you for letting me stay and see what was said to be my niece.

************************************
Amy’s POV

A week later and i was lad to be at home. Although the sleepless nights were already taking it’s toll on me and alex again. Dan was more than happy to come and keep Caleb occupied and take him to the park with ed and angel on some days however which was reassuring.

Aoife was adorable she had dark brown hair likes Alex’s and silvery blue eye’s. I could see various features of Alex in her but he could also see features of me that i couldn’t. Having the two of them here now though made our family feel complete. I was glad to see how chuffed Caleb was to knowing that he had a little sister and hat i had been told he had said at the hospital was something i would keep in my mind forever.

********************************************************
10 years later.

Amy’s POV

It had been a long haul bringing up two children but me and alex were coping well. Caleb was now 13 and apart from his ginger hair he was the spitting image of his father. He even had the shaggy hair do his father had 10-15 years ago. However Alex’s hair was now a little more tame and his beard more defined.

Aoife who was now 10 was growing up to be gorgeous. Alex said she was so similar to me it was untrue but me and her would both deny it most the time. It was funny when she took my side in some of the random disagreements me and alex had though leaving alex underfeeding as Caleb was either out or in his room.

Dan would still visit quite regularly and every Saturday without fail would join Alex in taking Caleb to his local cricket matches, although his favourite past time was skateboarding. Aoife was already learning to play guitar her dad giving her a couple of lessons a week.

The band were also going strong as well, when it came to touring because i was still working for the band we would arrange the tour’s during summer holidays so that the kids could come. The tour bus was always a mass of noise but Caleb, Aoife and Angel would all enjoy the random outbursts of life on the road and would enjoy talking to the fans after the gig’s, quite few similar to their age although a lot had also gown up with the band. The rest of the year me, alex and Ed had recording projects to complete working with other bands that would pay for studio sessions as well as us been sent tracks to edit for them.

*****************************************
Ed’s POV

I couldn’t believe it had been 11 years since i had lost Elena. The years just seemed to speed by as Angel grew up and each time looked more and more like her mother. Angel was beautiful, she had her mother’s good look’s for sure. She enjoyed touring during the summer and found it a nice break from the house and of course spending longer with Caleb and Aoife who she loved to spend time with anyway.

As Angel got to 13 i knew what questions would be coming. She was at that sort of age where she understood completely and a week after her 13th birthday came she sat in the living room with me and came out with the question.

“Dad, what can you tell me about mum, what was she like. I ant to know all you can tell me, i feel like i don’t know much about her at the moment.”

I turned to face Angel with that and nodded telling her i would. It was with that i stood up and got out three different photo album’s and 3 old newspaper cuttings i had protected. As Angel sat beside brushing her long black hair from her face she listened.

I started to explain how me and her mother met and what she was like. I told her how much i truly loved her before showing her pictures from the wedding. She flicked through them slowly commenting on how beautiful her mum looked on how nice the wedding looked and how much she wished her mum was here now. As i went through it came to the worst question. How had Elena passed away.

As i explained i felt tears start to build in my eyes again and before long angel was handing me a tissue and resting her head against my shoulder.

“Are these newspaper clippings from the day she got killed? I will read these and ask you any questions i have i know this is upsetting you dad.”

I nodded and smiled proud of how grown up our daughter was. I sat there arm around her shoulders as she slowly read through the articles and gently dabbed at her own eyes with a tissue after a while. As she picked her head up i kissed the top of her hair gently.

“she died a hero. I’m proud to have a mum that saved someone else’s life instead of her own. Do you keep in contact with the lady who stayed with her?”

“yes, we talk on the phone every now and then. She also comes up to visit once a year as she lives in London.”

“can i meet her with you next time? I have to thank her myself.”

“Of course darling, she hasn’t seen you since the funeral I’m sure she would enjoy meeting you properly again.”

I couldn’t believe how all this had ran through and watching as Angel made us both a drink as we sat watching the TV. She was so grown up already and she had her mother’s talent with photography as well. Her bedroom wall’s were coated in various shots she had gotten and i knew that my next aim was to get her to do some stuff for the band, she would take over her mother’s old job like her mum would of wanted her to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thank all the readers i have had on this story and thanks for the comments as well. From now on i shall be writing CSI fic's so feel free to read those or inform friend's.

Again thank you i have enjoyed writing this.