Status: One-shot; Completed

Just Another Day

one of one

Samantha Seaburg’s navy blue sundress captured the attention of many men in the LAX airport. Even so, Samantha didn’t mind. In fact, she wasn’t even paying attention to the people crowding around her, all eagerly waiting for their loved ones to get off the incoming plane, because she herself was waiting for someone: her boyfriend, Kennedy.

Meanwhile, Kennedy Brock was trying to zone out all the noise and excessive chatter as his plane landed. He knew that if he let it get to him, he’d be in a bad mood when he saw her, and he certainly didn’t want that to be the case. He hadn’t seen her since he’d left for tour four months ago. He couldn’t wait to see her.

Samantha looked down at her outfit nervously. Would Kennedy like it? Or would he think it was repulsive? Samantha wasn’t sure, but she hoped he would love it.

Kennedy smiled to himself as he thought about her. Four months could change a lot of things in a person’s life. But Kennedy knew that he’d fallen even more in love with her in those four months. They’d stayed up talking until three in the morning some nights. Jared and John would always playfully nag on him about all the texts she and him sent back and forth. But Kennedy didn’t mind. He knew that it was all worth it, talking to the one he loved more than anything else.

Samantha went and sat down in a nearby chair, too anxious to stand up any longer. She gripped onto the sides of the chair and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She told herself that there was nothing to be worried about. Kennedy was okay, he loved her, and he would be here any minute now.

When the plane landed, Kennedy tried to get out faster than everyone else. He couldn’t wait another second to see her. She was his everything and after four months apart, he desperately needed to see her beautiful face, her breathtaking smile.

A voice came over the loudspeaker in the airport, announcing that Kennedy’s flight had just arrived. Samantha stood up and just waited, as patiently as she could, for Kennedy’s face to appear in front of her.

As soon as Kennedy saw her, he broke out into a huge grin.

Samantha grinned back.

Kennedy ran towards her.

Samantha met him halfway.

Kennedy spoke first. “Sam. I don’t even know what to say. I just--I missed you so much.”

Samantha smiled. “Oh Kennedy. I missed you so much, too!” She leaned up and gave Kennedy a breathtaking kiss. “I love you, Kennedy.”

“I love you too, Samantha. Happy five-year anniversary.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry your name isn't really weird.
And yes, this is the oneshot that inspired Listen To Your Heart.
And yes, this was pre-written.
;D