Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 11

Nick was right; the story about us did blow over in a day. But only because of the new one.

MYSTERY BRUNETTE STIRKES AGAIN

Yes ladies and gents, the mysterious brunette babe is back – but this time with a different Joni. This time she was spotted with none other than (insert drum roll) Joe Jonas.
This time, clad in a tank top and shorts, the brunette was spotted early in the morning running with the recently dumped single Jonas.
And that’s not all they did.
Pictures from their time spent relaxing in the park have been zooming around the web, sparking conversation.
But seriously, why else would their faces be about an inch apart?
I wonder how Nick feels…


“Ah! They just blow everything way out of proportion!” I yelled into my phone. It was my day off (yeah, one day – they record Saturday’s too. I know, insane.) and I was on the phone with Jenn. I went for the run this morning with Joe, it’s two o’clock and it’s already all over the web.

“I don’t know Morgan, those pictures are pretty suggestive.” Jenn replied. “Are you sure nothing is going on between you two?”

“Yes I’m sure! Do you think I’m lying to you!?”

“Of course not, I’m just checking. Now, can you stop yelling at me and explain what happened?”

I sighed and plopped on top of my bed. “Okay, so yesterday before I went home from work Joe asked if I wanted to go running with him the next morning. I, thinking it was no big deal, said yes. So we go running, blah, blah, blah and rested in the park for a little. All we did was relax and talk. Before we left to run back home, Joe wanted to do sit-ups – why, I don’t know. So, I kneeled on his feet to keep them steady. That’s what the picture is from. That is all that happened.”

“Wow, now whose life is becoming an episode of Degrassi?” She said laughing.

“Shut up,” I said, rolling my eyes. “I just can’t wait until they go on tour in two weeks so I can live my life peacefully.”

“But that’s no fun.” She said. I heard a muffled voice in the background. “Hey, I’ve got to go. One question though.”

“Yes?” I asked hesitantly.

“Do you have feelings for either of them?”

I shot up, “I haven’t really thought about it.”

“Morgan, it’s not really something you think about. It just kind of happens.”

“Yeah, yeah. But you know what I mean.”

I heard her sigh, “Yeah, I do. Bye Morgan.” She said before hanging up.

“Ugh,” I sighed frustrated and reclined back onto my bed.

‘Cause Jersey just got colder and -

“What!?” I yelled into my phone, not bothering to see who it was.

“Wow, someone is unpleasant this afternoon.” Nick’s laughing voice flowed into my ear.

“Yeah, thanks to your stupid brother.”

“Now I don’t see the logic in blaming the story on Joe.”

“That’s simple – he’s famous.” I retorted.

“Ah, well I can’t fight that logic.” He said laughing.

I rolled my eyes but tired to suppress the smile that started forming. “Is there a reason you called me Nick? Wait, how did you get my number in the first place?”

“I asked your uncle.”

I sputtered out a short laugh, “Smooth.”

“Quiet you. I actually have two reasons as to why I called you. One, I wanted to see how you were handling your latest story.” He said, concern laced in his words.

“As you can tell, not too well.”

“Yeah, sorry about that.”

I just shrugged, “Not your fault.” I said after I realized he couldn’t see me. “What’s the other reason?”

“Well, my dad managed to get tickets to the Dodger’s game tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go.”

“And have another story written about me, no thanks.”

Nick started to laugh, “Actually, Joe’s coming too and the only reason I ask is because both Kevin and Frankie can’t come.”

“Wow, last resort huh? I feel so loved.” I said sarcastically.

“Well that, and if you come with both Joe and I the press might just think you’re a family friend or something and stop writing about you.”

“And what if they don’t?”

“Well, it’s worth a shot. So, what do you say?”

I stopped to think, “Who are they playing?”

“The Mets,” Nick answered, a smile clearly present in his voice.

I sighed, “Fine, I’ll go.” I couldn’t really turn down seeing my team.

“Yes!” Nick exclaimed. “I’ll pick you up at 5:30.”

“Alright, see you later.” I said, hanging up. It was two thirty. I decided to set my alarm and take a nap. This day was already exhausting.

***

“Even though there will probably a million more pictures of me on the internet tomorrow, I’m glad I came. Especially since the Mets kicked EPIC ASS.” I said smiling as we drove back home from the game. Surprisingly, we weren’t bothered much at the stadium – a few fans here and there, but no swarming crowds. A few people gave me curious looks, but I just dismissed them and pretended to concentrate on other things.

“Well we are too – even if you wore a Mets uniform.” Nick said from beside me. He was decked out in Dodger blue. His hat tired to stay perched on his head as a few curls escaped from underneath and his Ethier jersey looked perfectly used.

“Hey, don’t diss my team. I can’t not support them. Think of when the Yanks are in town, would you go in a Dodger jersey?”

“Touché.” Nick said, raising an eyebrow at me.

“It was funny when that guy threw peanuts at you when you cheered when Davis hit a home run.” Joe said from the front seat laughing.

I tapped my chin, “I don’t remember this particular event being very funny Joseph.” I said, narrowing my eyes. “It was extremely hard to get that shit out of my hair.” I whined.

“Well, I thought it was funny.” He huffed.

The conversation stopped there – everyone was dead tired. It was almost midnight and the game started at eight, it was an uncharacteristically long game. I leaned my head back against the headrest, closing my eyes. Almost instantly, I fell asleep.

I was dreaming (at least I thought I was), but all I heard were voices. Two of them.

“Could you be more jealous right now?” One voice asked.

“And why would I be jealous Nick?” the other voice asked, an added bit to his tone.

“Dude, I know you like her. It’s so obvious. I’m surprised she hasn’t figured it out yet, Joe.” Nick said.

“I do not.” Joe argued. “And look who’s talking bro.”

“I do not like her.”

Joe laughed, “Yeah? Then why do you have a smile on your face? It’s been there since her head fell on your shoulder ten minutes ago.” I felt the pressure of something on the right side of my head then. It must’ve been a shoulder.

“Again, jealous Joe?” There was a teasing edge to Nick’s voice.

“Well, so what if I am?”

“Nothing, I just wanted you to admit it.”

“Now it’s your turn, admit it.”

“Why should I?”

“Because then I know to bring out all the stops.”

Nick laughed, “Oh, don’t think it’ll be that easy. Let the better brother prevail.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! We now know what's been going on in their heads! Woo!
Now it's going to get interesting. ;)

Sorry for the lack of updates, applying to college sucks and takes up 110% of my time. :( But that's almost over soon! Woo! hehe

Tell me what you think will happen OR what you want to happen OR both!
Woo! (Sorry, I'm really hyper today hahaha)

Comment/Subscribe

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]