Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 13

“We’re what!?” I screamed at Uncle John. We just got home from the studio; it was relatively early only because we’re just producing songs at this point, so not as much time was needed.

Uncle John sighed as he started pacing. “Morgan, you and I are going on tour with the Jonases.”

“But…why?” I whined.

“My boss wants me to record the music for their TV show and since I had to push things back, we have to do it while on tour.”

“But why do I have to go?”

He sighed again and stood in front of me. “Because you are my niece and I can’t leave you alone for months. I thought you’d be excited.”

“I am. It’s just,” I started and looked down at my feet. “It’s complicated.”

Uncle John caught the ‘I don’t want to talk about it’ vibe I was throwing at him and dropped the subject. “Just think of it this way, you’ll get to tour the country just like you wanted.”

I turned to face him and smiled lightly, “Yeah.” I said and walked up the stairs to my room. “Just not how I wanted.” I mumbled, throwing open my bedroom door before collapsing on my bed face first. I took a deep breath and screamed loudly into my comforter.

‘Cause Jersey just got colder and
I’ll have you know I’m scared to death
That everything that you had said –


“Yellow,” I said into my phone.

“Purple!” Jenn said happily on the other side.

I groaned, “You seriously have this impeccable knowledge of when drama is added to my life.”

She laughed, “It’s a gift, what can I tell ya. So, I guess you already know.” Her voice dropped, becoming more sullen.

I flipped over and sat up. “What are you talking about?”

“What are you talking about?” She repeated, confusion woven through her words.

“I’m talking about going on tour with the Jonases. What are you talking about?” I asked, confusion also in my tone.

“Oh… um, well…” She hesitated. “Theyknowwhoyouare.” Jenn spat out quickly.

“WHAT!?” I screamed and started hyperventilating.

“Morgan, what’s with all the screaming? Are you okay?” Uncle John yelled from downstairs, his voice bouncing off the walls.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I choked out. “Sorry!” I closed my door quickly and returned my phone to my ear. “Speak. Now.” I growled.

“The press knows you name. Well they think they do. They think your last name is Fields, but they know your first name is Morgan.” Jenn said.

“How? Did you tell them!?”

“Of course not! If I told them don’t you think I’d use your actual last name.”

“Then how the hell do they know!?” I asked, still yelling.

“How the fuck should I know!?” Jenn yelled back, getting aggravated. “All I know is that you’re all over the place again and I’m not surprised if you’re mobbed by paparazzi the next time you go out.”

“I’m sorry.” I said, trying to calm down. “I know it’s not your fault. It’s just additional frustration. I knew there was a reason I’m not a fan of pop culture.” I sighed and plopped on my bed. “What am I going to do?”

“Well there’s nothing you can do about the whole name thing at this point. But what are you talking about? You’re going on tour? That’s awesome!” Jenn said, excitement clearly present.

“Not necessarily.” I replied.

“Why not?”

I sighed and rolled onto my stomach, “It’s a long story.”

“Oh trust me, I’ve got time. Now spill woman.” Jenn ordered.

“Alright, well I went to a Dodgers’ game with Joe and Nick to get me name out of the paper – obviously that failed. But anyway, I had a good time with both of them and on the way home I fell asleep. While I was sleeping, I heard Nick and Joe talking about me and how both of them like me and how they’re going to ‘compete’ for me. But I’m not sure if it was just a dream or not so who knows about the validity in that.

“And then the next day, I woke up in Nick’s bed. Before you get any indecent thoughts, he was on the floor. Anyway, turns out Joe carried me into his room and let me sleep. But because I didn’t plan on sleeping there, I didn’t have my keys so I couldn’t get a change of clothes. So, Nick let me borrow some of his and when he complimented me on them, I blushed. Jenn, you know I never blush!

“And then after breakfast, Nick brought me to their home studio and let me play his piano. And…” I trailed off.

Jenn gasped, “No way!”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Morgan, you never let anyone read your songs, let alone hear them. Not even me! What does that boy do to you?”

“I have no idea, and I’m not even finished yet.”

“There’s more!?”

I laughed slightly, “Sadly,”

“Well then… continue.”

I smirked and continued my story. “Since then Nick and I have been sorta… distant from each other. But Joe has been all over me like peanut butter on jelly. I’m not saying that that’s a bad thing though. We talk all the time and yesterday we went bowling. It wasn’t a date – at least I don’t think it was seeing as some of his friends came. But I got, and keep getting, all these vibes and I don’t know what to make of them.

“And that’s why I’m not as excited to go on tour with BOTH of them at the moment.” I finished my story, editing it to the extreme.

“Well you have quite a predicament there Mo.”

“No shit Sherlock,” I scoffed. “I just don’t know what to do. I mean I like hanging out with both of them. Joe makes me laugh, and though he annoys me sometimes, he comes back at me when I get snarky.”

“You do like to get snarky.” Jenn interrupted.

“Shut up. Anyway… Nick… he’s different. Yeah, he makes me laugh and smile, but he gets me to open up in ways that other people can’t. It frightens me. And I just…” I trailed off sighing.

“You don’t want to make things weird.” Jenn finished for me.

“Exactly.” I admitted.

“The way I see it,” She started. “If something happens with either of them, it’s going to get weird with the other. And the fact that they’re brothers makes it a little harder. But I think what you heard is right. They both definitely like you. Now you just have to see who has more balls to do something about it.”

“But what if choosing either of them is a mistake? What if-”

“Life is too short to think about ‘what if’s’.” Jenn interrupted me again. “Just follow your heart and you’ll be fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE!
and if you don't celebrate Christmas HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND WINTER BREAK WOO!
And my gift to all of my lovely subscribers is a brand new chapter. :D
It' pretty much just a filler, but some important information is in here so PAY ATTENTION ;)

Hope all of you guy's holiday break is awesome and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :D

Comment/Subscribe

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]